Thread: DB Change

Default DB Change

Happy New Year!

The devs tell me that a change was made to the database that should improve character loading times, and especially vault and storage structure load times. We'd like to hear if you feel a difference or it feels the same as before. I'll pass along the word at end of week.

Thank you,

Horizons CS

Default Re: DB Change

well loading times are better in that respect but lag is really bad now on porting and mobs loading and on crafting things ,, i cant think off hand all the things that were affected on this change , but its supper laggy now like there was 50 people on-line.
    but what this change did fix is better, but Ive also noticed alot of grey buildings trees and grounds from the reboot.
    Andy
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I also Noticed the freezing up during porting was back happens about every 3rd port for me.. not sure if anyone else is experiancing this too.

I logged in and played. First Teleport booted me, took 2 attempts to log back in then worked fine for 3 or 4 teleport. The same thing happened last client change so does not seem like a real problem so much as my client updating a little slowly maybe.

As to the vault loading. I tried 2 different toons. Both loaded fairly quickly. neither as a completely full vault. But seems fairly quickly. I did not notice any of the other problems the others spoke of. I got the 20 FPS just like I get on live flying around. When to Tazoon, the floating Island, dralk and New rach and every thing looked ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy View Post
    I also Noticed the freezing up during porting was back happens about every 3rd port for me.. not sure if anyone else is experiancing this too.
    Heh, this happens to me on live, but only if I have my soundcard enabled. Would be sweet if *everyone* had that bug now, so it would finally get fixed after 4 years.

*hates Creative*

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Extreme Gamer and I do not have the problem, on live nor on Blight. I do get a ginking of my car from time to time. I.E. I mouse look to turn and my view flys wildly around and if I am lucky I stop near where I want or I jerk back and forth as I walk as well as mobs doing that. But I have to wonder if that is not the AMD duel core clock switching problem more then the sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I.E. I mouse look to turn and my view flys wildly around and if I am lucky I stop near where I want or I jerk back and forth as I walk as well as mobs doing that. But I have to wonder if that is not the AMD duel core clock switching problem more then the sound card.
    I use to have a similar problem in another game. It turned out that it was the generic windows mouse drivers having some kind of compatibility issue between the game and my mouse. As soon as I installed the proper drivers for my mouse (I didn't even know there WERE mouse drivers before that heh) the problem went away. I've never heard of that happening with HZ, so that probably isn't your problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

I had drivers. I was using a microsoft wireless, so maybe the battery was starting to die or something. I am now using a wired razor. Will have to see if the problem keeps happening.

I'm curious as to whether this DB change is to facilitate the merging of the Unity folks. I'm sure it must be a way of making things cleaner and simpler for the whole process, as well as speeding some of the DB lag issues up in the process... Am I correct in my thinking, or am I just way out in left field?
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information