Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Half of Istaria

Default Re: Eastern Half of Istaria

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Orcs, Welgers and Jarl are all non-canon. Part of the early stuff that was not finalized, was never officially released, and has since been discarded.

Eastern Aradoth may one day be released, but there is much to do on Western Aradoth and Trandalar still.
    I understand two of the races being discarded. However the Welgers were one of the neatest ideas for a race that I have seen in a fantasy game. I certainly hope that some day if the company ever gets around to thinking about adding new races that they will re-evaluate the stance on Welgers. My friends and I thought they were the neatest race that was supposed to be in the game and we wanted to play one!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You will find no references to Jarl in the game that I am aware of.
    Psh, you sneaky little devs. You prolly went back and changed it like you changed the reference to the Welgers in the old Satyr profile on Istaria.com. Sneakily changing it to the Elves leaving instead of wars with the Welger. Now I have to re write that up for my lore book....oy. Although admittedly the old profile that read that the Satyr always took a neutral stance and then right after said that they had warred with the Welger often didn't really make sense anyway so it was best that it was changed.

I do like some of the new lore however, although could you lot just let us oldtimers know what's cannon of some of the things we grew up reading and what's not? Would be nice...I like lore and I like quoting things that are considered actual game lore. Not some dusty concept that I can't back up.

As for the eastern continent. I would love to see it and explore. Find old Bachan and maybe rejoin the Dryad city to the Prime. There's also the beating up new members of the WA and that's never bad in my book either.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    Psh, you sneaky little devs. You prolly went back and changed it
    If the reference to Jarl in the Test of Knowledge in the Trials of the Gifted has been changed, it must've been done very recently.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I havn't actually tested to see if it was changed yet. I plan on doing that soonish but they have been changing other bits of lore that pointed to non cannon things so it wouldn't surprise me if this was changed too. It's sad in a way because I remember in my hatchlings days that I had dreams of finding the lost ruins of Jarl someday....
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by mage View Post
    I understand two of the races being discarded. However the Welgers were one of the neatest ideas for a race that I have seen in a fantasy game. I certainly hope that some day if the company ever gets around to thinking about adding new races that they will re-evaluate the stance on Welgers. My friends and I thought they were the neatest race that was supposed to be in the game and we wanted to play one!
    I myself always thought the über-old ideas of the insect race "Ku'lak" was really cool and (as far as I know) unique. To bad they threw that one out

"One of the strangest races in the Lands, the Ku'lak is an advanced form of insect people who walk on 4 legs and have 4 arms. They are similar in nature to a preying mantis, but much larger - standing almost as tall as a man. Their hard shell makes them extremely resistant to almost all the elements, and they are intelligent enough to have created their own magic system."

Quote from rpgplanet (there is a whole bunch of old Horizons stuff there)
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

yeah, well it obviously all ended up to be far too much work I so very much loved all those dragon classes we could chose from in the beta !

I'd really love to see Eastern Aradoth.

I'd never heard of Jarl before this thread and I've been around forever.

Orcs would have been cool. Sure they got their start with Tolkein but they've since branched out and are everywhere.

Ku'lak would have also been cool. Way back when they had a lot of people interested (not as many as dragons of course, but still a respectable number). As I recall they had some interesting properties (wield 4 things, limited glide capability, live underground, and not even remotely humanoid).

Way back when, one of the things which intrigued me about HZ was the races and the ability to have non-humanoid races. While dragons are obviously the most important non-humanoid race it would be interesting to see another.

Did the Ku'lak "evolve" into the fyakki?

I hope I didn't sow confusion with my feeble puns; canon = standardized body of lore;
    cannon = go boom!
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    Did the Ku'lak "evolve" into the fyakki?

I hope I didn't sow confusion with my feeble puns; canon = standardized body of lore;
    cannon = go boom!
    I got it and thought it was funny (cannon, siege engine), but I try not to make *too* many "hehehe" or "lol" posts cause most people find that annoying.

I thought the Ku'laks where the coolest idea for a race ever. I'd rather have had them than dragons, cause AFAIK there is nothing even close to comparable to Ku'laks in any other game. And they are awesome looking .

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...highlight=Jarl

This was the original text of the Test of Knowledge.

I too once hoped for exploring the eastern areas. Unfortunately the number of gifted dwindled and the WA was able to expand their territory. Hopefully things will swing the other way and sometime in the future we will have the numbers to push the WA back and break through.

I believe the new player stewards mention jarl. When your doing the Gifted quests.

Master of Orion (at least the second game) has some insect race... of course in that game the race is just a bunch of properties that modify your economy and a picture or some animation, but it's got that race, and they make quite nasty noises.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information