Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: much sadness

Default Re: much sadness

There's a nice walk thru in one of those "vista work around threads". I'll see if I can pos tsome more info when I get home. Thankfully we still use XP at work
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

anyone know how to do the above? been looking for a while and now im confused and dont know where to restart @_@
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Usually.. if you don't login with administrative privileges, you can do a "run as" through right clicking on the icon and it should have on the list of things to do with it one called "run as". If ya chose that one, you'd have to type in the admin name and admin password to use for the game.. I've never had that issue, but as when I play the game I actually login to the admin acct to do so...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

oh then im already an admin because i only have one user on my computer still hz wont work though

a patch from Microsoft is not going to address the problems with Horizons. Since the problems stem from the very way Horizons is coded to work with dot net 1.1. Administration rights is a lark that continues to be chased and is not the solution to what ails Horizons and vista working together.

Vitrium knows this and I think they are working on it.

No, it's not a permanent solution Tryagain, but it allowed me to run the .exe and get the game working.

Is it a poor workaround? Yup, but it's all we have at the moment

Saph - I didn't get a chance to check this out when I got home last night, I'll see if I can take care of it this evening!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

thankies for your help

ok saph - go to your horizons.exe. Right click on the file, click on teh "compatibility" tab. Then check the box that says "run this program as administrator"

That's one of the few things I ended up doing.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

wheres the horizons exe file? >_>

it would be wherever your version of horizons is installed.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

been searching all through horizons's folders and nada.

(till this gets fixxed ill be playing around in pirates of the caribbian as saphire gem on eather abassa server or the last one..)

can someone help me on how to find the exe folder? i cant stay away from hz its driving me nuts i miss everyone @_@ even the humans

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post
    can someone help me on how to find the exe folder? i cant stay away from hz its driving me nuts i miss everyone @_@ even the humans

mine is here

"C:\Programmer\Tulga Games\Horizons\horizons.exe"

yours is probably in "C:\Programs\Tulga Games\Horizons\horizons.exe"

if you cant find it do a seach for horizons.exe

Yep, was gonna say, did you try Find Files? or Search for Files or whatever it is called in Vista?
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

ok im updating now hopfully it works..

ok i patched but every time after it checks for obsolete files then it says "Horizons.exe has stopped working, windows will now attempt to fix."
    2 seconds later
    "windows has shut down horizons.exe yada yada yada..."

Ok, now you seem to be where the rest of us Vista users are. You'll need to reboot and keep trying.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information