Thread: New Quest for Dragons

Talking New Quest for Dragons

Been thinking about this for a long time, and finally decieded to post it. The idea is for a quest for adult and ancient dragons to reflect on their past. The quest will need to be geared to what the current player accepting the quest is. If the player is an adult dragon the quest for level 30-40 content. If the player is an ancient dragon the quest would be for level 90-100 content. After the quest has been completed the player will receive an item or ability with unlimited uses. What this item or ability will do is change the dragon's appearance to themselves earlier in life. An ancient dragon could turn in to an adult, and use the ability or item again and they would be a hatchie. An adult would use the ability or item to change in to a hatchie. The ability/item is not permanent, only a 60-90 second appearance change. I would love to see Seg as a hatchie again, and when I take him ancient I know I am going to want to see adult Seg again as well.

Well here's hoping this idea finds its way in to Istaria.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: New Quest for Dragons

The only thing i miss about Hatchie days is not being able to do that cute little jump they do, But i wouldn't want to go back to a hatchie form as i'd have to walk again ^^

You could just /setscale .5 or so, you know? That would make you hatchling sized again.

Or do you really want to go back to being a hatchling, and thus unable to fly or use the abilities that you gained when you became an adult?

The actual idea is to allow for the temporary appearance change of your dragon to a younger form. This would only last a short duration of time like 60-90 seconds, but I just think it would be a lot of fun. If this idea makes it in to the game (very hopeful), and if devs could make it so while in hatchie form you were limited to jumping as opposed to flying that would be great too.

interesting idea, but i am pretty sure that won't be popular with most dragons.

Well I talked to quite a few dragons on Chaos about it, and they seemed to like the idea. Dev's have other priorities for a while though

I could see a "hatchling form" ability as an alternative for players who, for whatever reason, don't care for using khutit.

I expect that hatchling form would have all the limitation it normally does, but make up for the loss of power, flight, and imposing size with pure cuteness. You'd be swapping awe for 'Awwww...'

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I kinda like the idea. Don't have to do the quest/use the item if you don't want to. And LO pretty much sums up what I'd use it for; I hate Khutit form (mainly coz I can't be bothered swapping forms if I'm gimped to fight; I'd rather inconvenience people for the 2 seconds I'm near the vendor, sorry!) but if I could be a cute little hatchling look-a-like with all the adult/ancient powers (apart from flight and the ability to crush a gnome under one claw) then I'd be happy enough, particularly if it was only for a short time anyway. Plus Hatchie Pev was sooooo cute
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

you can always model change. but some people aren't comfortable with that
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Hatchie form instead of Khutit form? Sounds.. .CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hatchies are so much adorable

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I didn't think much of this until someone mentioned using it instead of khutit. Then I decided this was a good idea. I HATE khutit and only use it when absolutely necessary. Also, I think I looked better as an adult then as an ancient.

Just using setscale doesn't work since it doesn't change your size to anyone else.

Another thing which could be done instead would be a shrink spell.

Ild prefer something like shrink too. Even though I hold my hatchling memories dearly, my ancient mind is way too proud to go back to that

Thread Information