Thread: Small Ruxus are extinct?!

Default Small Ruxus are extinct?!

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I have a quest to kill 20 small ruxus for Spiked Scales II. I like Spiked Scales a lot, and it's saved my hide often. However...
    Where the hell are all the SMALL ruxus?! I have been to literally every place in Istaria that has ruxus of any kind, and asked on the Dragon channel, and double-and-triple checked, and walked around to get some to spawn, even. NO SMALL RUXUS ANYWHERE. I've seen plain old ruxus, large ruxus, and tremendous ruxus, but no small ones, and killing the medium-sized ones doesn't work.

I mean, what the hell? Is this supposed to be a snipe hunt or something?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Small Ruxus are extinct?!

Heh heh heh. Welcome to Horizons quests.

Best thing to do is to group up with someone who does NOT have the quest. Then, teleport to Bristugo. Have the other person walk into the spawn area and let it deem "no quest" and all the various ruxus (ruxi? Hey! Virtrium! Is this a first or fourth declension noun?) will spawn. Then go in and kill.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Some of these sorts of problems will be fixed with the revamp of the tier. Right now the best place for ruxus from what I can tell is on the Aradoth mainland. But they are mixed in with all the other ruxus, so can be hard to find. They are spread out over a WIDE area, and because they are mixed, it is hard to kill.

Sorry to say "it's a known issue and we're working on it", but that is the truth.

The small Ruxus are right beside the normal Ruxus just below Ruxus Mountain. They are one level lower. I know I had some trouble finding them for that quest too, cause you have to run in an different direction than what you'd expect.

Also, You'll have to do a quest that requires Large Ruxus too (I think, IIRC). Large Ruxus are actually PAST the Tremendous Ruxus. The only way to get to the Large Ruxus for that quest is to sneak past the Tremendous Ruxus with Sprint while they are spawning. Be very careful of the named Ruxus, which is mixed in with the Tremendous Ruxus, cause he can 2 hit you at the level you'll be at when you get that quest.

Strangely, the Large and Tremendous Ruxus use to be opposite of their current positions (pre-merge I think). That made sense, cause you had to run through the Large Ruxus to get to the Tremendous Ruxus. I don't know why they were switched. Probably someone made a mistake when they were redoing the spawn regions for merge.

As I see mto recall for Ruxus Mountian, at the very base theres plain ruxus right where the forest gives way to the mountain. From Brist if you head up the mountain the small Ruxus will be just above the normal ruxus past past whatever the name of that comunity on the mountain is, as you keep going up you'll get to the normal/large ruxus again, then there's an area where several large/tremendous ruxus live....*thinks* and it seems like if you go across the bridge from there there's large ruxus again... I'll have to login and double check this...

Edit: Ok, I've logged in and double checked...and wow is my memory bad!
    Ok, If you folow the road from Brist up to Dalimond Ridge Gate community and keep following the dirt road past the comunity you'll see normal Ruxus first, keep going up that path untill you see a stone marker (with an arrow on it), if you drop off the cliff there you'll be on another incline up the mountain. According to my map there's suposed to be small ruxus right at this spot, but my map is either wrong or they just didnt spawn after5 mins. If you keep heading up this incline (there is no road for bonus here) you'll get to a clearing just before a mountain pass. If you look up you'll see a bridge spanning the pass. This is where lots of small ruxus spawn. If you follow the pass you'll come out on the other side and there's nothing over there to fight .

Alternately. Keep going past the marker you'll eventualy get to a flat area with a bridge that you can drop down from, I thought there were normal Ruxus that spawned on this flat area but they didnt appear for me. If you keep following the mountain around and up you'll eventualy get to the tremendous ruxus near the top, across the bridge from them are large ruxus and pretty much lots of large ruxus for the rest of that mountain top. I seem to recall there being a named somewhere within the large ruxus but I didnt see him today, Also be warnedwhen running up the mountain about halfway between the normal and tremendous ruxus I smacked my nose into a lvl 40 named. I think he was called Hobanero or H-something I wasnt paying much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    The small Ruxus are right beside the normal Ruxus just below Ruxus Mountain. They are one level lower. I know I had some trouble finding them for that quest too, cause you have to run in an different direction than what you'd expect.

Also, You'll have to do a quest that requires Large Ruxus too (I think, IIRC). Large Ruxus are actually PAST the Tremendous Ruxus. The only way to get to the Large Ruxus for that quest is to sneak past the Tremendous Ruxus with Sprint while they are spawning. Be very careful of the named Ruxus, which is mixed in with the Tremendous Ruxus, cause he can 2 hit you at the level you'll be at when you get that quest.

Strangely, the Large and Tremendous Ruxus use to be opposite of their current positions (pre-merge I think). That made sense, cause you had to run through the Large Ruxus to get to the Tremendous Ruxus. I don't know why they were switched. Probably someone made a mistake when they were redoing the spawn regions for merge.

Should be Large Ruxus on AI so you can skip all that tremendous mess.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thank you very much. I found them right under the bridge.

Thread Information