• have speed reduced by a fixed number

36 16.74%
  • have disks designed to carry specific types of material only

12 5.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Cargo Disk Survey

Hybrid View

Default Re: Cargo Disk Survey

I currently use a deluxe Standish with 10 stacks, 8k bulk, and speed of 52. This satisfies most of my needs so I voted for recall. What I'd really like to see in a disk is a bind point. Folks would have a "recall to disk" ability to get back to where they were when somebody needed them elsewhere. Or one could park it at far away resource like travertine and not have to run back out for another load.

Hi ho!

I'd chime in on the cargo disk thing to suggest the only change that's really needed in my opinion is to allow 2 or 3 items on those monster single item disks, rather than just 1 item. 1 item worked OK in the old days, but with the 'new' ore changes (ok, so it's not all that new), it'd sure be nice to be able to chuck both types of ore needed for smelting in the disk at the same time.

I do really like the idea of having a crate or something that one could 'detach' from the stack on the disk and leave at the work station while crafting as well, but not sure how that could be implemented (since it's more like a dual disk thing). Perhaps just put in another disk slot that's 'grounded only', then you'd move 1 disk from pack to 'grounded' slot, and another disk from pack to the 'normal' slot to ground someplace else, or to drag. Sure, some folks would use it as vault space, but since it's only a handful of items, what's the big deal?

Oh, and hello to all those familiar faces on here!

That is all,
    Finn's Player

With the upcoming plot reclaimations, there's going to be alot of very useful plots and lairs that are going to be lost. For me, and Im sure at least a couple others, having to drag a fully loaded disk with the current speeds is painful enough with open silos and machines close by, especialy with my limited play times. Part of the reason why I dont log on more often during the week is because I dont have time to drag my disk around to make stuff.

I spent 3 days making tri-cuts and latices a couple weeks ago so I wouldnt have to bother with them again for a while, I could probably achive the same amount of work in one long marathon session on one of my days off and a good 90% of my time is spent flying.

Once the plot and the lair I was using are gone (because as far as I can tell these two players no longer play), the nearest lair with the storage and machines I need for just t1 tri-cuts/latices is Zexoins on the oposite side of the island. I timed it once, it takes me almost 30 mins to get from the malachite to his lair dragging a disk. Given how long the flight takes me, I wouldnt have time to work it except on one day a week when I can spend more than 1-2 hrs in game. I could easily have 3-4 of his silos filled for 2-3 weeks at that pace. And I know there are quite afew others that make use of his lair frequently Im sure they'd not appreciate me taking up so many of the public silos for so long.

If we were to raise the speed cap and/or change it to a % or fixed number that was affected by things like speed scales,potions/spells/ect. This would cut down on a lot of useless time sink. Dont get me wrong Im all for having a time sink, but there's a point where its a good thing and a point where its so much of a timesink it becomes a bad thing.

Who here ever played eq1 and tried to get the cloak of the pagasus in South Karana or anything off Phingel Autotrops? People would spend months even a year or more camping these guys (and others like them) several hours a day hoping to a.) see them spawned, and kill them. And b.) Hope that what ever you needed was on that corpse. Granted these were both epic monsters and so were suposed to be harder, but there were lots of mundane monsters that were the same way.

Anyways I've rambled on for long enough, I think I got my point across heh...

Correct me if I am wrong here, but speed buffs do not give any player an advantage when towing a disk?

Peaches, you are correct with the current speed cap on the disks; all that adds to that speed is the road bonus.

Two of the proposals, speed reduction and percentage speed, would allow for speed buffs to have an effect on actual speed with a disk equipped.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

/off-topic mode on

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I could easily have 3-4 of his silos filled for 2-3 weeks at that pace. And I know there are quite afew others that make use of his lair frequently Im sure they'd not appreciate me taking up so many of the public silos for so long.
    Indeed, everyone is welcome to use my silos, but anything that stay more than 3 days in my silos that is not mine is going to be deleted or used by me :3
    So be carefull when you leave something there

/off-topic mode off

About cargo disks, let's be realistic, there won't be any secondary disk slot cause it would require a much longer time of coding. I think only new disks or modified current ones are going to be introduced.
    Oh, and I would love new graphics for each disk line

ok i didn't read all the posts (hehe started hurting my eyes), but i just wanted to point out a few things i have noticed and would like to see.

I'm not much of a crafter but i'm starting to get the hang of it lol (blonde moments alot :P)

the few things that just drive me batty when crafting are...
    dragon discs only hold 1 item and all of the stuff they need to make takes more then one item on lair work (almost every thing except scales i think).
    I've noticed some times it's faster to run on the road with my disc then fly with it.

i'm lvl 60 something in dragon craft, lvl 40 in lair shaping and a lvl 100 adventurer.
    to fill a T2 silo with a lvl 60 disc takes about 4 ports now (rough estimate). One thing i would love to see with the discs are..

1) a T1 disc for dragons
    2) to hold up to 10 things with each one (for lair shaping purposes an example like crystal lattices you need 3 types of uncut gems then made into tri-cuts, then you need to gather crystals and process them into focused items, after those are done you need to put them all to gether to make the lattices.. so all together you would have 7 items you need to hold.)
    3) for each lvl of disc (lvl 20) it would be nice to see it match the same lvl of silo or storage unit (T2 silo/storage).

i know this one is a bit off topic but i would really like to see some xp from gathering resourses since that's what almost 80% of the crafting is. what i mean is say you are still gathering at 1,1,1,1,1 then you would get of each 1xp so 1xp per 1 gathered if it's 13 you get 13 xp. it wouldn't be enough to lvl off of but it would make it alot more worth while to craft, expecially if you spend 5 days (at least 12 hours a day) filling silos. so your getting something out of it. i know for me if i got xp from gathering i would do alot more crafting.

Oh well that's my 2 cents worth

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Krystine View Post
    I currently use a deluxe Standish with 10 stacks, 8k bulk, and speed of 52. This satisfies most of my needs so I voted for recall. What I'd really like to see in a disk is a bind point. Folks would have a "recall to disk" ability to get back to where they were when somebody needed them elsewhere. Or one could park it at far away resource like travertine and not have to run back out for another load.
    I think with disk as bind point the first thing you would see is a a bunch of camping at certain mob spawns where person would set down a disk maybe full of potions and foods then when they die just recall to disk. and if they hunt there all the time they wouldn't even have to run back to mob spawn.

you could Eliminate Rez from game.

Thread Information