Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

I used to play this game when it first came out on the Energy shard. I know they had that event and they condensed the community to chaos and order shards. I'm sure theres a lot of new stuff in the game but the monthly cost and performance/low quality graphics made me eventually leave after 2 years or so. Just wonder whats the latest new stuff thats been implemented in game and if theres any other people who've played back on Energy.

-Roki/Hash

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome back Ravik. Check out the Announcements Forum, especially the From the Desk of the Developers posts, for what's been happening. Lots of very good things since Virtrium took back the reins.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Welcome back Ravik. Check out the Announcements Forum, especially the From the Desk of the Developers posts, for what's been happening. Lots of very good things since Virtrium took back the reins.
    Thats good to hear, this game seems to keep moving from one group of people to the next but its nice to see Virtrium is making improvements. Werid forums set up with first post being on the bottom...gonna have to get used to that.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

first unread link works great, ravik!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

If I understand you correctly, Ravik: then you want to go click on User CP in the top-bar on this page; then look at the left side to find I think 'edit options'; you should find choices there or in one of the other left-hand links to get the forums the way you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee View Post
    If I understand you correctly, Ravik: then you want to go click on User CP in the top-bar on this page; then look at the left side to find I think 'edit options'; you should find choices there or in one of the other left-hand links to get the forums the way you like.
    Ah, thanks. It works nicely now. Nice to see player made mods for the game are promoted on the website. Most mmos turn against those sorts of things. Must say out of every game I ever played Horizons had the best community by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravik View Post
    Thats good to hear, this game seems to keep moving from one group of people to the next but its nice to see Virtrium is making improvements.
    Note that Virtrium LLC is a company owned by Rick Simmons. Rick was once the CTO of Tulga and a lead programmer. Sean "Reyem" Meyer is the customer service guru and was also employed by Tulga. There is also Jason "Amon Gwareth" Murdick, who under Tulga was the lead game designer.

It was also mentioned in an interview that David Bowman was assisting on a "contract" basis. This is rather understandable as no one knew the world development tools better than him. Almost all of the world post-merge, as well as the newly gifted isle and Lesser Aradoth, were done by him.

There are other people who appear to be new hires as well, and some interns, working with the game in various ways. I'm mentioning this, so that you can see that this team isn't another new company, like EI, but is a return to people who know the game, love the game, and are going forward with the "old" gameplan that got interrupted when the game got sold to EI out from under them.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Thats good to hear. You can defiantly see a difference when a company running a online game cares about it or doesn't. I don't remember exactly when I left but the game was having a hard time and the rest of my guild had already quit. I wasn't even to make a forum account here last year so theres defiantly been some improvements.

Anyone know if theres anyone else that played pre merge or close to right after?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath and I are pre-merge Dawn residents.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I started on Ice originally pre-merge (and then to Unity...)

and now based on Chaos
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Pre-merge Ice too
    Unitys Eisdrache Nemesis of Helian
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

Awwww, so far no energy people

I see a fair number of folks from launch, and a few from beta, so there are still some of us old timers out there. I am not sure how many, if any, are from Energy though.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information