Thread: Chaotic Chao's

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Chaotic Chao's

Any news on chaos yet?

The hampster shop closed?

Held hostage by Order?

Should i go to the pub?

ta.

Default Re: Chaotic Chao's

I'd say "go to the pub". And while you're there, order me a pint of REAL guiness.

Translation: Unfortunately I don't have news for you beyond that our technician is still working on it. Since he has been up since a bit before 3 am his time, I'm a little afraid to ask. You know that saying about "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?", well, it applies here in that you don't want to anger the tech guy who controls your virtual self. I'd like to return to my dragon without some strange appendage.

So I have good news and... well... I hope good news.

The good news is that Chaos is back online. We apologize for the need to take it down a second time this week and for how long it was down. The poor thing just really needed a good defragging. (That's a computer term, folks, don't read anything into it!)

The "I hope good news" part is that the problems people have been experiencing with critters not appearing as they should is also cleared up. At least, the one spot I was aware of is cleared up. If you are out lookin' for mobs in all the wrong places, looking for mobs in too many faces
    Searchin' their eyes, lookin' for traces
    Of what you're dreamin' of hunting (sorry, slight musical diversion there, and poor Waylon Jennings just rolled over in his grave)...

If you are out in your normal hunting area and think something should be spawning but it isn't, drop a note here on the forums and I'll let our tech guy know he can't go to bed quite yet.

defragging.. i should probably do that to my HZ directory sometime.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    The good news is that Chaos is back online. We apologize for the need to take it down a second time this week and for how long it was down. The poor thing just really needed a good defragging. (That's a computer term, folks, don't read anything into it!)
    Hehehe, at least it was something so simple! The only question is, how many things were attempted before one realized it was an easy solution. I always find the quick fixes last.

Defragging, depending on the size of the drives can be very time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Defragging, depending on the size of the drives can be very time consuming
    Well, yes, but it's hardly a complicated thing to do if you have a good defragger.
    It's better than realizing you have to swap out parts (which may be faster, though, especially since one should have spare components on hand) or that something else has failed. XP
    Last edited by Hrough; February 24th, 2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo fix

Thread Information