Thread: whats showing in the target window

Lightbulb whats showing in the target window

i have a suggestion and i hope that this is the right place to put it.

i was wondering if there was any way to put the distance (meters) an object is from u in the target window without having to put the mouse over the arrow. it would be nice to know how far a monster is without the extra mouse movement amd it would make it easier. it would also be nice to be able to know the meters on anything that is in the target window such as a building/silo or even a resource.

hope that this is something that would be easy to add since i know there are alot of other projects going on now.

Anne

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

Default Re: whats showing in the target window

I agree, that would be very handy.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

/signed

My post is too short.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

/signed aswell

scouts have a wonderful ability, sense enemies, that does that for nasties within selection range

Many times I have targeted a resource only to have it move when I started harvesting. I still have it in my target window and wonder which way it went.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    scouts have a wonderful ability, sense enemies, that does that for nasties within selection range
    I was actually referring to the target window itself....not the ability to put this into the text area. i dont want to have it find enemies/friends only tell me now far they r from me in meters since most of the spells tell me that what is in the target window is out of range....i would know without trying to kill it or move my mouse to the arrow in the target window.

Anne

Sense enemies is GREAT for... ummm... spam.

That would be a much better ability if it made enemies show up on the map - like group members, cargo disks, and other useful entities - only use a blood red circle for them instead.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Lightbulb Re: whats showing in the target window

also currently there is no arrow for resources once u find or click on it so it would be nice which direction and how far away it was as well. it would be nice (if not already there) if there was an arrow and meters from a monster or something u want to kill as well.

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    also currently there is no arrow for resources once u find or click on it so it would be nice which direction and how far away it was as well. it would be nice (if not already there) if there was an arrow and meters from a monster or something u want to kill as well.

Anne
    Agreed wholeheartidly. It's really frustrating to be standing on top of a node/monster and STILL get the "you are too far away" because you're actually targeting another node and don't realize it.

I always just look around for the pretty little ray of light floating up to infinity... unless the landscape conveniently camouflages said ray. :P

I don't mind having to put my cursor down on the target window to see how far I am away, but I do mind that it doesn't update. So what if they're 30 meters away at some point in time; they aren't there now! I also feel the same about the timers on buffs/debuffs, or the timers that display when you check how far along a skill is recycled. Why can't these reload, so you don't have to constantly move off then back on with your mouse?

Thread Information