Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just have to say ouch this hurts my eyes !

Default I just have to say ouch this hurts my eyes !

The whole visual layout of this forum is quite confronting. Im desperately looking for a way to soften the appearance

*hunts for personal options settings*

edit: nope - theme only has default
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Arilye

Default Re: I just have to say ouch this hurts my eyes !

I agree. Already searched the options - no alternate themes. [<:o)]

Our web guy is currently working on more eye appealing themes for people who do not like this one.

Amadan
    Customer Service Lead
    Artifact Entertainment
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

I made a posting in offtopic about that too with a styling I would prefer. Maybe we can get something without this green-brown-color. :)

Horizons Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    The whole visual layout of this forum is quite confronting. Im desperately looking for a way to soften the appearance

*hunts for personal options settings*

edit: nope - theme only has default

You might want to fix the quote font color too guys !
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Sorry, can't see what you quoted... [:D]
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Shonie

Aye it's a bit uhhhh dark. And hard on the eyes [:|]

Ophelea

Default OK, Not to be a dead horse (or previous thread)....

But there's a few problems with the forums - and the color scheme (or lack thereof) IS one of the largest.

Using non-standard icons - then posting a key that doesn't clarify very well - well, ugh.

But the indication that you don't need to register yet if you don't you can't post (didn't see that mentioned) is misleading.

Also, you've got errors in your RTF when not using IE. Please, don't force me to use IE - just turn off the option if I have a different browser.

First....this cold grey and warm grey and oranges and pinks and reds and khaki green theme really needs to be....rethought.

Oh, and light blue, too?

I'll be visiting but not often as long as it's hard to view. And I WANT to visit often.

Default Re: OK, Not to be a dead horse (or previous thread)....

There are more themes in the works and then you will beable to choose your own theme that you see

Ophelea

I don't need multiple themes. Just one good one. [:D]

And not to have to switch browers :P

Sarek

Yeah this is a bit hard on the eyes. Kinda makes me nostalgic for the old days of newsgroups and stand alone readers

Kita

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    But there's a few problems with the forums - and the color scheme (or lack thereof) IS one of the largest.

Using non-standard icons - then posting a key that doesn't clarify very well - well, ugh.

But the indication that you don't need to register yet if you don't you can't post (didn't see that mentioned) is misleading.

Also, you've got errors in your RTF when not using IE. Please, don't force me to use IE - just turn off the option if I have a different browser.

First....this cold grey and warm grey and oranges and pinks and reds and khaki green theme really needs to be....rethought.

Oh, and light blue, too?

I'll be visiting but not often as long as it's hard to view. And I WANT to visit often.

Now, give Dangit some time to tweak and config the forums before you all blast away. It's been up for like 2 days. And if Im not mistaken there serveral other more important issuesto address than modify this forum to your personal likings.Honestly I though this was self explanatory and I didnt expect to see this kinda threads.

No problems here with the view. [:D]

Ophelea

Kita,

I'm a full supporter of artifact, horizons, tulga, david and all of his employees.

And yes, servers are more important.

But THIS is the first impression the public sees. THIS is what all those "please come back" players will see. THIS should have been done more professionally from the start so that no one HAD to make more themes or fix anything.

It's just a case of putting the cart before the horse.

I'm sure Dangit will get more done...I'm just not sure having him REDO is a good use of his time.

So, please, don't take this as a lack of support. It's the opposite.

Qwyn

After hours at work on a computer I can come here and my headache not be added to. I like darkness [H]

It is not just the colors, and contrast, but it is also a bit busy. I know the intent was WOW Gee Whiz! and I think that's great for portions of the site, but for maximum information transfer, the less competition for peripheral vision, the better.

But it has great potential. The editing capability is terrific.

And I am SO glad to see these forums.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thorongil

They simply need more themes and to choose a default theme that is extremely clean and easy to read. Then, by having further themes, posters can choose to customize closer to their personal tastes.

One theme does not work for everyone and the default theme ought to be clean, simple, and easy to read to promote positive first impressions.

And I concur with the original poster - the current default theme is harsh on the eyes.

Default Suggestions for making these forums better

I have seens lots of people complain about the forum setup here. I thought it may help the powers that be to list all suggestions here.

I'll start

The colors blow monkeys
    Bite the Kitty!!

Default Re: Suggestions for making these forums better

So you will be moving all the other forum lay out post or just mine?
    Bite the Kitty!!

Default Re: Suggestions for making these forums better

Just yours [:D]

Thread Information