Brought on by the Wisp Colour discussion.

After fiddling around with the shaders a bit, then poking my nose into the netlogs, I noticed that while I could alter the appearance of the wisps to a certain extent, I would not be so lucky with the residue. The residue objects all use the exact same model and texture - only the name gets sent by the server to differentiate them.

The next best thing I could do, however - or even better depending on your taste - was to slap a name tag on the residue. So I did. And it worked out just great! There's one caveat - all non-plant resource nodes will have a floating name on them, meaning stone, metal, gems, etc. Of course, this might also be seen as a benefit.

To install: Simply extract this RAR archive into your Horizons directory, overwriting when asked to do so.

For an example of how it will look:

Ps, a request for any devs: Make the residue models and textures unique for each tier. You don't need to actually change anything in them (except pointing the new model to the new texture, that is) if you don't want to - we can do the rest.