Thread: Changing text colors?

Default Changing text colors?

I've noticed that some people in game have different-than-white text colors. How do you do that?

Default Re: Changing text colors?

"i have kina bad spilling but here we go " when u are in a tab right clk on it and go to chat seting and clk on the color part and u can chang the coloers>

^^ i hope i did ok ^^

Lol, you did ok :P

But I mean, some people have different color text when they speak, like I've seen people talk in pink text rather then the standard.

ok, I know this has been discussed a few times before, and there is discussion somewhere on these forums about how to do it.

BUT there's also many threads about how annoying it is, so before you think about doing it, consider those too (please! (being one of those that finds it annoying))..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Indeed, I will not tell or point you to the area, but if you do find out how.
    For the love of god, think about the colour first.
    ie, if you choose a green colour, if im in a grassy area then your allmost invisible text.
    All that happens is i'll add you to the ignore list as i'm not gonna strain my eyes just to see what you may or may not have to say.

Theirs nothing wrong with White text.

Do it as much as you like in group, guild, say and such. If you start doing it in the public channels (MarketPlace, Dragon...), however, you'll quickly end up on many people's ignore list, as you can see above.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14173
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Also note that people often change chat colors so that it works around their particular variety of color blindness, and by using the forced colors you may be undoing their work to be able to see your message clearly.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Don't worry, I'm gonna use dark purple if I can get this working, shouldn't hurt TOO badly xP

Thanks!

The way I do it, I have a separate chat window for guild and for group, and use a default prefix for them. For some reason, the emote box must also be checked for the chat window, otherwise the color is not activated. An example default prefix:

/gu <!--color r=1 b=0.4 g=0.2>

Trying to tell folks the code in chat, I'll say to use <1--color r=1 b=0.4 g=0.2> where the <1 is actually <! because <!-- shows up as &lt;

I found varying the numbers between 0 - 2 allows for shading of colors to some extent; over 1 things tend toward white, though. Also, when the color coding is used as default prefix with the /gu, I found at least one of the numbers had to be an integer or else the prefix was too long to work. Remember to put a space after the closing > in the default prefix.

To use colored text in a public chat, I had to set up a hotkey with a text command that included the color coding in front. For some reason, just typing the color code in the chat line does not allow it to go through. The hotkey text line would be something like /chat marketplace <!--color r=1 b=0.4 g=0.2> *serves you delicious klava with a towel and a curtsy*

I recommend testing the colors in local to find one you like (and that won't burn people's eyes out) before putting the numbers combination into your prefix. Good luck!
    Last edited by awdz; March 8th, 2008 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiamarra View Post
    Don't worry, I'm gonna use dark purple if I can get this working, shouldn't hurt TOO badly xP
    Don't worry, even if you pick a color you think is pleasing, talking in a different color is still an irritant to many and they'll still be more than happy to put you on ignore.

My advice: 1. Restrict the "always on" colors to says or to private channels where people may mind less. 2. Only talk in color in groups when people NEED to know what's going on. (Mezzing/stunning a mob)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiamarra View Post

Thanks!
    dark purple won't show up on my chat screens - I have them mainly fairly dark so the white text shows clearly... you may find yourself getting ignored by accident if you use dark purple
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information