Thread: Lore: Artifacts and Other Items

Default Lore: Artifacts and Other Items

Saris Life Stone
    Small round, white stones that the Saris give to those they trust implicitly. The stones impart upon their user a closer tie to the immaterial energies of life itself. And it is because of this energy inherent within the stones that led ancient Saris to believe they contained the spirits of their fallen ancestors and brethren.

In recent years this belief has faded, though the Saris still hold the stones in high regard and give them out only on rare occasions and only with great ceremony. The stones themselves are simple stones collected from the shores of Lesser Aradoth, though they are rare and difficult to find. Young Saris often spend time delving into the shallows in search of the stones, which are said to emit a faint glow when submerged beneath the waters.

Annals of Nelthorr
    A series of journals created byNelthorr between 3000 and 2000 B.R. documenting his explorations and discoveries as he explored the breadth of Aradoth.

Many of the Annals were lost during the centuries since his death and few are now known to exist to this day. As was Dragon custom at the time, the Annals were recorded magically upon slate runes.

Axe of Dorogath
    An ancient heirloom of the Kings of the Dwarves, the Axe was lost when the last king, Dralnok Hammerfist, disappeared into the Frontier nearly twenty years ago. The Axe is the symbol of nobility among the Dwarves and no new king can be crowned while it is missing.

Breath of Niatha
    The Breath of Niatha is a mythical artifact believed to be the source of the Fiend's physical changes. Though they will say that it was the hand of Niatha herself that executed the change, it was in fact a powerful artifact.
    In the centuries since the change few believe that it ever truly existed and none have seen it for themselves. Those few believers who remain have differing opinions as to the Artifact's fate. Some claim that the High Priests of Niatha have the artifact hidden away and guarded for the day when they may needs its powers once more. While others claim that after its use it was lost, never to be seen again.

Conspiracies abound, with some claiming that the Fiends have withheld the artifact in times of dire need for their own selfish purposes. While some claim that Torrin Macalir may have stolen it when he departed from Kirasanct during the Age of Sorcery and that the artifact may have helped his rise to power and the formation of the Withered Aegis.
    What the truth is, none know for sure.

Tome of Kaldon
    Actually a massive set of books, the Tome of Kaldon is named after its author, Kaldon. The tomes contain legends, histories, myths, and even some gossip documenting over two millennia of Dwarven culture and history.

Staff of Alyssa
    A mythical staff believed to have been carved from the very first Taniqel tree by Alyssa herself and given to the Dryad as a symbol of the bond between the races. The staff is believed to have had the power to alter the very fabric of nature, altering trees, plants, even the land itself. Some Dryad believe to this day that the Staff is the only weapon that could truly defeat the Withered Aegis for good and cleanse the land of their blight.

No true evidence for the staff exists for the records of Palmyra are lost with the city in the Void. There are a few in the New Rachival Research Institute (NRRI) who believe that the Staff may have fallen into the hands of Torrin Macalir and may explain his sudden rise to power and ability to twist life. No evidence for this claim exists and most scholars disclaim the theory.

Sword of Vandus
    The sword of Ashlander Vandus is believed to be a powerful artifact that Vandus had created using ancient magics that are now lost. Legends claim that the sword made the wearer invulnerable and this is how Ashlander survived for many years. The sword itself was buried with Ashlander in his tomb, but when the Withered Aegis invaded the west the tomb was opened so that the sword could be safe-guarded. No sign of the sword or of Ashlander's body were found.

In recent years many fake swords all similar to the original in appearance have been found throughout Istaria. The source of these swords is not known, but their value is still high due to the quality of the fakes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Lore: Artifacts and Other Items

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Saris Life Stone
    Small round, white stones that the Saris give to those they trust implicitly. The stones impart upon their user a closer tie to the immaterial energies of life itself. And it is because of this energy inherent within the stones that led ancient Saris to believe they contained the spirits of their fallen ancestors and brethren.

In recent years this belief has faded, though the Saris still hold the stones in high regard and give them out only on rare occasions and only with great ceremony. The stones themselves are simple stones collected from the shores of Lesser Aradoth, though they are rare and difficult to find. Young Saris often spend time delving into the shallows in search of the stones, which are said to emit a faint glow when submerged beneath the waters.
    If someone wrote a quest to let Saris find these stones, would it be possible to implement something like that? They wouldn't have to do anything but look pretty, really, but it would be nice to have a couple to give to good friends as a gesture. Obviously, it shouldn't be some easy two-minute or overly repeatable quest, but even only being able to get two would make me happy.

Saris life stones are already rewards for a quest.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

my unity Saris has one
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Are all of these questable, or just mostly shiney lore? Pretty sure I have a Saris Life Stone as well.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Saris Lifestones are found off the Kion beach... The Sword of Vandus was a unique sword created by Ashlander Vandus ages ago, the Staff of Alyssa was a staff carved by a goddess, etc etc... Make an educated guess.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I have a fake Sword of Vandus. At least I think I do. Isn't that one of the rare hoard items?

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    I have a fake Sword of Vandus. At least I think I do. Isn't that one of the rare hoard items?
    I have an ancient sword of Vandus, 20k hoard item

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    In recent years many fake swords all similar to the original in appearance have been found throughout Istaria. The source of these swords is not known, but their value is still high due to the quality of the fakes.

I think what we have in the hoard item are the many fake swords.
    Perhaps we will soon be seeing a real Sword of Vandus making an appearance. If so, it may be the first of adamantium weapons coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Saris life stones are already rewards for a quest.
    Oh, duh. Forgot about that. It's been a busy week.

Very good piece of lore, I enjoyed reading that

I am Dragon, hear me RAWR!!!!!

Thread Information