Thread: Error trying to create a hatchie

Default Error trying to create a hatchie

Wanted to create a hatchie, I have him created, but when I go to launch him from either website or launcher, I get:

[

and I can't get HZ to launch.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Error trying to create a hatchie

I had the same problem, got the same error. Was unable to log on the character and had to re-create.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Try going into the prefs folder for the hatchie, open the ClientPrefs_Character.def file, and if there's a "Human_U" in there, change to "Human_M"
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

That's the problem, the system never created a folder for him.

I will look into that.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

I recreated a hatchy yesterday. Tryin to Hatch em without color defects on the front plate. Noticed I couldnt adjust Portlyness and muscularity..
    Skinny Hatchy.. Oh, but was gana say Doing a /saveUI would help here and there, Cause I was on so long, got my transport error crash, lost my Ui settings.. But copied from another char, so recovered there.

No, the problem is that it assigned the wrong base character template. Prefs folders are only created once you successfully logged in. The proper default character is Human_M - Human_U means the game tried to load a human character without a gender, which is obviously not going to succeed very well.

It is a sign, Justa. The game is trying to tell you to not have anymore hatchies (goodness knows you and caly parent most of them in our guild ^^).

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Xan, the world never has enough hatchies You should offer up a clutch or two.

I am still getting the error.

Deleted the original creation, done.

Logged into the website, done.

Created the hatchie, all slider bars and selectors are working, done.

Gave hatchie a name, done.

Clicked <next>, "game comes up with a transport error 66, wrong name or password" which happens to a lot of people right after they create a new character. name and password are correct.

Logged into the website again, have new hatchie to click on.

Click play. Game launches, initializes, gives me a full screen of black, then dumps me out with the same error as posted in this thread.

Repeated process again with same results.

In the Prefs folder there is no folder with Blight_<character name> for the new hatchie, so it never makes it to the folder creation process.

Make a copy of an existing folder and name it to match your new hatchy.

Tried that already, took the hatchie I have on Order and copied it.

no bananas.

Do you use the load screen when connecting to the game, Justa?

I just tried to duplicate what you had happen, and on two different computers (using the Blight client on both) was able to create a new hatchling and logged in right from character creation just fine.

I'm wondering if the load screen gives you any feedback on how far it gets in the process of making the character, is why I asked about that.

Have you tried to create a character with a different name than the original?

Does the character show up in your list of available characters on the stand-alone launcher? What happens when you try to use that if so?

I know I'm seeming to be grabbing at thin air here, but as I'm having trouble duplicating the problem on my end, it's harder to figure out if this is a problem with the new client, or what is going on.

Ah an intermittent error. Those always suck. At least with a car the mechanic can say "come back when it quits completely".

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Do you use the load screen when connecting to the game, Justa? (Can't get that far, no pref folder exists for new character)

I just tried to duplicate what you had happen, and on two different computers (using the Blight client on both) was able to create a new hatchling and logged in right from character creation just fine.

I'm wondering if the load screen gives you any feedback on how far it gets in the process of making the character, is why I asked about that. (character creation completed with "name available")

Have you tried to create a character with a different name than the original? (no, I will try that)

Does the character show up in your list of available characters on the stand-alone launcher? (yes he does) What happens when you try to use that if so? (he shows up in both silent launcher and web page. When you launch that character, you get the HZ logo, the Initializing sound, etc... then a black screen going into "Full screen mode" then instant error message (as posted here already)

I know I'm seeming to be grabbing at thin air here, but as I'm having trouble duplicating the problem on my end, it's harder to figure out if this is a problem with the new client, or what is going on.
    My comments are in parens ()

I fixed it, but it is still a mystery why the game would make the client_prefs.def file populate with a human_u entry.

My problem was I have 2 horizons directories on my backup drive and the folder was being created in the second copy. I used a troubleshooting program to monitor disk activity and found which path the game was communicating with.

I did what Trasman said and edited the .def file and changed the human_u to human_m and the game allowed me to log in.

Yes Xan, another hatchie is born.

Better check your registry then, Justa.

Thread Information