Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unity restarting in a few minutes

Default Re: Unity restarting in a few minutes

1. I said that the shard will be restarted in a few minutes. Once the restart procedure begins then it will take the usual 30 minutes to go online (as you should know).

2. I have already answered to that question twice in different threads, as soon as Unity is back online I will copy and past my answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anulaibar

Luca, I think Sunuke was rather refering to why no message when the problems started. The problemsapperantly started 2-3 hrs ago. It would have been nice if you posted here as soon as you were aware of the problem, not just when you correct it(altho it is very nice to know you are correcting it).

So either you weren't aware of the problem 2-3 hrs ago, or you worked on it silently. It's the silent part we users do not like.
    Exactly what i was refering too.

Atleast then we would have known they would have been working on this issue.

Just look at the time the first post was in the following treads:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=13126
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=13389

My first problems started earlier then the first post but i have tryed to see if my pc was giving problems first then i came here

I am sure`ll get the Event, GN would be stupid if they wouldn`t give us the Event, because one of the biggest strength of Horizons, are the AE-made Events and i heard the Fall harvest-Event was much fun. So if i GN wouldn`t give us the Event, hmmm they will miss a chance to keep people playing HZ, because there wasn`t any Event for such a long time.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Fed Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fed Apocalypse wrote: and Luca have we call u out of ur bed on this sunday morning? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

No comment. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-16.gif[/img]

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    *sing*
    Dont worry Be happy
    *sing*[8][8]

1. I said that the shard will be restarted in a few minutes. Once the restart procedure begins then it will take the usual 30 minutes to go online (as you should know).

2. I have already answered to that question twice in different threads, as soon as Unity is back online I will copy and past my answer here.
    ok thanks Luca
    1) didn't know restarts take 30mins when played on lineage 2 restarts or maintenance of each server took 3-5mins so very different times depending on the game
    2) will eagerly await the answer
    3) I know its prolly too much to ask for, but any chance of hoards of lv60-80 ghost mobs attacking the citys tonight?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

And how long does the restart procedure take, please Luca?

And no I am not taking the mickey, I do not know.

Rainbow

Eldryr

[:D] Kodos

thx Luca [Y]

Fed Apocalypse

hehe Wake Up rainbow

and good morning

if luca say some posts over ur s^^

[:D]

If your reply was for me Kaze, then look at what Luca wrote again.

He mentions that it takes 30 minsONCE the restart procedure is completed.

So how long can the restart procedure take??? a few seconds?? a few minutes?? a few hours?? a lifetime????

As Luca typed it it struck me that there is a period of time for this restart procedure then 30 mins on top of that.

Rainbow

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Sunuke wrote:
    The least they could have done was posting in here when they started

How much time would that take 30 sec max

And we did?

Aren't you posting in a thread started by me about restarting Unity? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anulaibar

Luca, I think Sunuke was rather refering to why no message when the problems started. The problemsapperantly started 2-3 hrs ago. It would have been nice if you posted here as soon as you were aware of the problem, not just when you correct it(altho it is very nice to know you are correcting it).

So either you weren't aware of the problem 2-3 hrs ago, or you worked on it silently. It's the silent part we users do not like.
    Exactly what i was refering too.

Atleast then we would have known they would have been working on this issue.

Just look at the time the first post was in the following treads:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=13126
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=13389

My first problems started earlier then the first post but i have tryed to see if my pc was giving problems first then i came here

Unity is up.

Thanks Luca, can carm my addiction withdrawal problems now, also look forward to reading your post about harvest event in a few mins [:D]

Blimey and all this after I have had a shower and thought I was wide awake .......

BEGINS Rainbow not Completed.

Sorry, my mistake. Thought I had read the word completed and not begins.

Well they are similar aren't they????

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Thanks Luca, can carm my addiction withdrawal problems now, also look forward to reading your post about harvest event in a few mins [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Here it is:

"...The "Halloween content" is part of a huge upgrade releasedthis week on the North American shards while we were still working on our consolidation.

Toget this upgrade this week we should have postponed the launch of Unity for another day, in the case that everything went fine. Furthermore it is not advisable to apply a big upgrade straight after the consolidation process as it is sometimes that, as you might have witnessed, could take a while to settle down.

Even once things are running fine the merger of three shards into one is something that take a few days of deep checking and analysis before we can consider it a success. The risk to mess something up applying immediately a new upgrade without having the time if some further fixes are needed for the consolidation is just a risk too big to take.

If something goes wrong then the rollback would mean to go back at the beginning of the consolidation process. In my opinion and in the opinion of the whole Horizons European Team this is too much of a risk to havea some pumpkins and a scarecrows on the shard.

At this very moment I can't tell you what will happen about this once the upgrade is applied unto Unity (target day next Tuesday, November 2nd)..."

We NEED an event Luca

NEED!!!!!

Claws

Can anyone confirm that they are able to login?
    Says "Message of the day" to me. And that's it!

Fed Apocalypse

Motd [:P]

Ps: @claws what do ufeel when u read this [;)]

Fixed the ability Armor Piercing Attack to ignore armor as its description states it should

live patch 28.10 at US shards^^

cyas

Heya all,

By reading your comments on the server restart i am missing one very important thing:
    We should be a little more aware of the effort and hard work the Dev's are putting
    in this project, and not only complaining always if something needs a fix.
    Remember all that at this time their are hard working instead of having a nicesunday with their familys....
    On my part i'm very happyabout the changes the server merge brought to us all
    and feel it's time to say "thank you" instead....
    With regards,
    Knud

Again, when the server restarts and isnt up longer then 3 hours, I get stuck in the
    recieving character init thing... That happens a few times (yesterday 30x, 15x, 5x)
    and for today 5x and still trying...
    That has something to do with the restart and getting a while before the server gets stable or what?
    mb I'd write support, but they should have enough to do..
    anyone else experience the same problem?
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information