Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confectioner rare foods quests

Default Confectioner rare foods quests

Information on some of the rare foods quests was unintentionally left off of the patch notes. Sorry for any confusion!

Quest 'Rare Foods: Food For the Road' added to Fellea.
    Quest 'Rare Foods: A Spicy Snack for the Famished Miner' added to the Famished Miner.
    Quest 'Rare Foods: The Brains of the Outfit' added to Xenex the Blind.
    Quest 'Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!' added to most Imperial Vaultkeepers

All quests are level-based and should be done in order.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Confectioner rare foods quests

do you miss out if you do the later quests first?

No, but you have to do the first three in order to get the fourth.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Quest 'Rare Foods: The Brains of the Outfit' added to Xenex the Blind.
    Does this mean there are sweatbread recipes? *urk*
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Ummmmm . . . what is the order of these quests? Is One for the Road a lower or higher tier quest???

I am already so confusticated and irritated by the complexities of cooking now, that it would be nice to know where the beginning of the line is. I am still trying to make up on my lacking Preparation skill levels so I can use tools that were usable just last week I feel like an Abomination broke all of my fingers as I slept last Monday night.

Nelgrag Longfoot
    A Gnome of Discriminating Taste
    a.k.a. Icablad Percival Dragon

YOu can do the first three in any order you want, but you will not see the fourth quest on the vaultkeepers until you have completed the three.

They are all working, but the fourth one is a bit harsh on the urchin requirement, as are a lot of the rares that use bonus resources.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    YOu can do the first three in any order you want, but you will not see the fourth quest on the vaultkeepers until you have completed the three.

They are all working, but the fourth one is a bit harsh on the urchin requirement, as are a lot of the rares that use bonus resources.

Drev
    hmm, food for the road went well.
    I gave the famished miner the chicken noodle soup. No recipe there and Xenex doesn't give a quest. So what to do?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The Famished Miner has two seperate quests. The original quest was updated to use the new foods (the chicken noodle soup), and is (IIRC) still called "Feed the Famished Miner". The rare food quest is a different one.

As for the rare foods themselves, yes, they can be rather harsh ingredient-wise. Since they are player-created foods, though, we couldn't change the ingredient lists. What we did do was to minimize the quantity of rare, purchased, and double-processed resources used in the recipes. whenever possible, the bulk of the ingredients called for will be single-processed resources.

If an NPC doesn't have a quest for you, check back when you hit the next tier of foods. ;-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

If an NPC doesn't have a quest for you, check back when you hit the next tier of foods. ;-)
    LO, I don't think anyone is disputing that new players will do tier specific quests in the correct order. I think they're worried that as level 100 players who long ago levelled confectioner, they won't know which quests to do first, second, and third. If the order matters, then it is only fair to post it. It won't help new players, but it will stop old players from getting burnt.

I did these in the order listed and had no problems getting any of them...actually completing the final quest was a problem due to the 4 hour time limit and not knowing until starting the quest that urchins were needed.

Had to delete this quest and start over once a friend had got and cleaned the urchins for me - as 51 gatherer and 87 confectioner I couldn't do either. I needed 18 cleaned urchins and am very grateful to KiLoKnee for getting these for me.

Talking Re: Confectioner rare foods quests

Quest 'Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!' added to most Imperial Vaultkeepers
    Should we watch for Robert Irvine wandering about in full plate, waving his titanium knives?
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

It is quite obvious whoever made these quests watches FoodTV.
    Love the emblem, btw.

Drev

The Famished Miner has two seperate quests. The original quest was updated to use the new foods (the chicken noodle soup), and is (IIRC) still called "Feed the Famished Miner". The rare food quest is a different one.

I'm not getting the rare food quest from the Famished Miner. He does offer me the chicken noodle soup quest. I'm a level 100 conf. Does he go off gth levels or do I need to do the chicken noodle quest first?

You need to feed him first. He's too sick to think of anything else otherwise.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I'm not getting the "Food for the road" quest from Fellea... ok I'm only 5th level confectioner... but still??
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

appears to be a typo in the quest writeup for "Sage Advice"

in the quest journal, although I KNOW I'm supposed to be going to Versanto in NR, it's pointing me to Velma of Tazoon...

and finally..

having entered ALL T1-T5 recipes, and checked T6 ones.. is Rubbed Sage used in ANY of them???

Ok on Elek doing this quest got to the part of:
    [11/17/10 21:45:23] You have received a new quest - 'Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!'.
    I spoke to Lady Kendra and all she tells me is : Kendra tells you, 'Welcome back, Private Elek. Your assistance in safe,,,, I made sure i had nothing on me.
    Any ideas ?

Holy Thread From The Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Ok on Elek doing this quest got to the part of:
    [11/17/10 21:45:23] You have received a new quest - 'Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!'.
    I spoke to Lady Kendra and all she tells me is : Kendra tells you, 'Welcome back, Private Elek. Your assistance in safe,,,, I made sure i had nothing on me.
    Any ideas ?
    Wow! That's some Raise the Dead spell!!

It has been a couple of years now since I did that quest and I don't remember having any problems with it. But I was fairly high level when I did it and I also used this site to help walk me through it: http://www.hzconfectioner.org.uk/que...px?quest_id=20

I don't know if it will help, but I hope so!

Nellie Lovett, the mad cook of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thread Information