Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Confectioner change ruminations

Default Re: Confectioner change ruminations

*emissary Hat on*
    1: That is by design. They want you to sale food to players and not to pawnbrokers. T3 may be a little low for most players now a days, but maybe you could luck out and get some alt sales. All I can see is make sure you find out what cosigner is being used for low level gear for your shard and make sure you price it cheaply so low level new players can afford it. I hear a lot of complaints about high prices from new players on other boards.

2: They are called piers. So you know. . If you find such places submit a ticket giving Loc. Explain the problem. I.E. Fish spawning too deep or out of reach of the pier. I am pretty sure the devs have stated in the past they would look at that. Right now with the work load it would be much easier to get a ticket. Have a CSR to look read it, log in run over see where you speak of take the notes they need hand them over a Dev who can then go in directly to the database and change exactly what needs to be changed rather then spending hours looking for such spawns. At least thats what I think it would work. I can make no promises but it can not hurt.

*Emissary Hat off.*

Your point 1 has been addressed (blight feedback thread - thread: Re: Confectioner Revamp: Cat’s Thoughts)
    I'll produce the bits here :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    6. Pawnbrokers. Currently, it appears that imperial pawnbrokers aren’t all that interested in food. They were offering 2c for 5 T4 meals. Please increase that.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    6 this is as designed
    I second the fishing problem...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    <snip>
    2: They are called piers. So you know. . If you find such places submit a ticket giving Loc. Explain the problem. I.E. Fish spawning too deep or out of reach of the pier. I am pretty sure the devs have stated in the past they would look at that. Right now with the work load it would be much easier to get a ticket. Have a CSR to look read it, log in run over see where you speak of take the notes they need hand them over a Dev who can then go in directly to the database and change exactly what needs to be changed rather then spending hours looking for such spawns. At least thats what I think it would work. I can make no promises but it can not hurt.

*Emissary Hat off.*
    SiLang (dragon, heh go fig) was trying to help fish Minnows from the Pier near Parsinia. Even for the fish that were RIGHT next to the pier, I couldn't gather them. Got the "Resource is too far away" message. From what I've been seeing with the minnows atleast, that an adult dragon can't fish them without drowning. I found a couple near the edge in one of the Crystal Tear Lakes (or whatever they are called) but those run out fast.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    SiLang (dragon, heh go fig) was trying to help fish Minnows from the Pier near Parsinia. Even for the fish that were RIGHT next to the pier, I couldn't gather them. Got the "Resource is too far away" message. From what I've been seeing with the minnows atleast, that an adult dragon can't fish them without drowning. I found a couple near the edge in one of the Crystal Tear Lakes (or whatever they are called) but those run out fast.
    This works for most of the fish lication :/ A dragon hace to sit on the fish school to fish it, unlike bipeds. Only workaround I've found is to set the view distance to minimum and the water disapear, but this is not reliable.

Are there any plans to put in the "missing" conf ressources? I mean the ress you have to buy from your trainer like Honey, Coca bean, Cinnamon bark etc...

I think it would require sure some time for the art team to create a coca plant or such, for the honey i have a funny idea: Put in bee houses and you wrack them with your bucket (beware for angry bees (alter necrofly models) spawning) or kill bees to get honey (change again necryfly models) hehe... Or put bee nests near trees and such ...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

or you could try and persuade a dragon to smoke the bees to temporarily pacify them for you, so you can get to the hive
    Anril Firestorm 83 Dragon/100 Dragon Craft/37 Lairshaping Anrill FireBlade Human "Jack of All Trades" (in Training)

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    or you could try and persuade a dragon to smoke the bees to temporarily pacify them for you, so you can get to the hive
    That is a cool idea, dragons maybe get a new ability: Breath Smoke. Its a debuff that lowers the accu of a mob but at a animal like a bee it would pacify it!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Are there any plans to put in the "missing" conf ressources? I mean the ress you have to buy from your trainer like Honey, Coca bean, Cinnamon bark etc...

I think it would require sure some time for the art team to create a coca plant or such, for the honey i have a funny idea: Put in bee houses and you wrack them with your bucket (beware for angry bees (alter necrofly models) spawning) or kill bees to get honey (change again necryfly models) hehe... Or put bee nests near trees and such ...

It was my understanding that they are like that by design. But I am remembering this from when they were first talking about it.

Correct, Deth, having some resources purchased is by design. Money-sink.

I will look at the range for dragon-fishing. But I do have a suggestion in the meantime... Switch to Khutit.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Correct, Deth, having some resources purchased is by design. Money-sink.

I will look at the range for dragon-fishing. But I do have a suggestion in the meantime... Switch to Khutit.
    Will try this when I log in tonight, but having done other gathering in khutit form before, you have to be just as close to the resource.

It basically looks like, for a dragon at least, the game treats fish just like ore or stone deposits. You have to be right on top of them to gather them. That means that you have to be drowning to get next to any of them unless they happen to be RIGHT next to the shore, or you trick the water into not loading.

A similar "annoyance" I have noticed, the place where the fish are swimming is normally not where the gathering point is. For example, the fish look like they are swimming near the shore, but when you finally select them to try to gather, they are out in the deep water.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

There are two issues at work here:

One, the center of a Dragon is not its head, but rather its pelvis (I think).

Two, the fish are actually not individual fish mobs, but rather a school which is a whole model that is animated. So there is a center point and it might be further away than the closest fish.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

<snip>
    Two, the fish are actually not individual fish mobs, but rather a school which is a whole model that is animated. So there is a center point and it might be further away than the closest fish.
    I understand that each little fishie is not it's own mob. When looking at minnows (for me at least) I see a compact bunch of fish, like a tightly formed school. They swim round in various patterns, but normally not a large area. What I was finding is that the selection point of the mob seems to be nowhere near where the actual fish animation associated with that mob is.

Not all that important if we can figger out how to gather fish from a longer distance.

<snip>

Reply 2

So, just got finished testing this. Both khutit and dragon form, no dice. Tested 2 near the pier, and one near the shore.

Will post pics later, when photobucket is no longer broken...

If you're head (and with that your "point of view") is above the water, it's very hard to select the fish. And you can't really see how far or close they are.. most of them are much further away than you may think.

Select one, the ray of light, showing the selection, will appear much further away, than you may have thought, but if you know just jump into water, you will see, that the location is correct.

In some way this is realistic, because in reality water has similar effects, but it's quite inintuitive in a game... I have to click about 10-15 times until I found the right spot to click to select that school. When standing on the shore line (for example west of abandoned island, there are many bluegrills out of reach!), I found it nearly impossible to select any fish at all.

One suggestion to ease that problem would be to add some "thing" (maybe algea or bubbles) on top of the center of the school, that reaches out of the water and can be selected. Then people will be able to see how far the fish is away.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

There are two issues at work here:

One, the center of a Dragon is not its head, but rather its pelvis (I think).
    Would this mean that instead of trying to position our front claws to a node, we should be "gathering" with our back claws instead? Well.... when we don't cheat and use setscale at any rate

Techically the center of the dragon is the belly, so if you stand on the fish node with your belly its fine.

Ok, so have reference pics now.

Khutit:

Shore
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450429.png
    Pier Walkway
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450329.png
    Pier Platform
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450358.png

Dragon:

Shore
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450474.png
    Pier Walkway
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450535.png
    Pier Platform
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...1209450553.png

Especially the walkway positioning, I can get REALLY close to the fish, and am still too far away. I figger it is because I am too far above them. The one on the shore is prolly just too far away, and I understand that is "by design" at times.

Hope the pics help.

yes, that's what I said... the height has an impact on the calculation if you are to far or not... if you'd just remove that for fishing (if that is possible at all) and just calculat the distance from x,y coordinates, fishing would be much easier.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

might help with bipeds fishing too, on slopes down into the water.
    *goes back to work on the underwater helmet design*

on a side note, do fishing rods/abilities allow you to fish further distances away with increasing tier? that could help too...?

That wouldn't quite make sense from a canon perspective, I think... Perhaps stronger rods could let you cast farther, but for dragons using their claws, how would higher ingenuity suddenly allow you to reach farther into the water?

Thread Information