Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confectioner change ruminations

Default Re: Confectioner change ruminations

You also need to figure in the selling markup price. Selling a banana split for 400c would be a zero-gain endeavour for the confectioner, so the price for a banana split is indeed higher than for ambrosia.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Cause when you break it down... the cost / minute of time removed from a DP is almost exactly that of Ambrosia VII. Using the quote from awdz above as pricing for the ambrosia.

Banana Split:
    400cp / 20 minutes = 20 cp / minute

Ambrosia VII:
    10 silver / 480 minutes = 20.8 cp / minute
    Yes but that was an old system price, and now it costs over 3x as much to remove a single dp? I was hoping to match the per dp removal cost from old system in the new :-/

I went in game and made some more... the timer on those is 35 mins, not 20, so yes, the banana split time removal vs copper piece cost, removes more than ambrosia.

But still AWDZ brings up a point, your price per DP may vary depending on level and rating of your character. A lower level character that gets 12 hour death point will need to eat less food than someone with 150 rating.

28hrs = 3.5 times more than 8hr old system (or 1680 minutes)

1680 / 35 (minutes for a banana split) = 48 banana splits at 400cp each or 19.2 sp

Ambrosia VII was 10sp for 8hr so 35sp for 28hrs.

Drawbacks (cooldown timer for ambrosia was 10 mins so in 40 mins you will be able to remove 1 death point) vs (cooldown timer for banana splits are 20 mins so 48 x 20 = 960 min. for deathpoint removal on just banana splits)

Bulk: 4 ambrosia = 60 BU Banana Split = 96 BU (48 units at 2 per)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Sounds to me like the new-and-improved confectioner foods is a bit lacking over what was in place before... At least in time-efficiency. Or are there foods that are better than banana splits? I don't know anything about all the new foods and that's the only one that's really been talked about so far.

At least it's cheaper to remove a full DP with banana splits... but the thing to remember is, if it takes 960 minutes to remove 28 hours of a DP, you won't truly use 48 banana splits because of the cooldown time in between them. I'm too lazy to figure out what the real number is, but I know someone can.

Well it is a dessert, a Journeyman basic main dish wipes 50 minutes (a Barley marinated chicken) and so that's one part. Chopped carrots, Barley, and the marinade sauce for the chickens and ground salt.

If you eat an appetizer, then a side dish, then a main course, and finallly the dessert, you will get more than just it adding up, you get a meal bonus time off.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Does the meal bonus apply to dragons as well? For whatever reason I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it doesn't. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    you get a meal bonus time off.
    I have never heard of this before.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

There's a couple of "stories" floating around that could perhaps be cleared up.

I have seen a few players referencing Amon's post on the full meal and stating in game that:

1) A full meal gives a bonus to DP time removal

2) The meal must be eaten in a certain order.

Although I've read his post and did not come up with items #1 and #2 above, there are players in game insisting that it is so.

Could we get this verified officially?

A full meal does not give a bonus and you do not have to eat them in a certain order.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Really? What was the "you eat one of each and it was supposed to add extra time to the DP removal?" or did I read something wrong somewhere?

Here is an cut/paste from the original Confectioner news that probably caused me to think this way:

Each Tier will start with about 4 complete meals available that can be produced. More will likely be added in the future, but for now, expect somewhere around 4 per Tier. Eating a fully Seasoned Meal will remove about 25 percent of a full Death Point earned within the same Tier as the meal. So, for instance, if the player is a Tier 4 Adventurer and earns a Death Point, then eating one fully Seasoned Tier 4 meal will reduce the Death Point Timer by 25 percent. Since eating a meal in a Tavern doubles the effectiveness of food, if a player eats two full meals in a Tavern, they will remove 1 full Death Point of the same Tier as the meals.

A full meal would consist of 1 Appetizer, 1 Main Course, 1 Side Dish, and 1 Dessert. Eating an Appetizer actually takes about 40 seconds, and the timer is started which disallows the player from eating any other Appetizer dish for about 5 minutes. During that 2 minutes, the player can then eat a Main Course, which again has 2 timers -- one long and one short. Consuming the Main Course will take about 1 minute. A Side Dish can then be eaten, which takes about another 50 seconds, and also starts its own two timers. Finally, the player can consume a Dessert, which will take about 30 seconds to consume. Two timers are of course set on the Dessert as well. This takes us through 3 minutes out of the 5 minutes required to wait before a player can consume any other Appetizer. The player will have to wait the last 2 minutes before they are able to begin eating another Meal. They do not need to remain seated at this time, and they can do other things while waiting these 2 minutes before eating again.

Source:

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=103

Last edited by Justa Mirage; April 6th, 2008 at 05:22 AM.

Where in that do you see that it says you get "extra" removal for eating a full meal, Justa? I read it twice and didn't get that.

Me either. The only "bonus" implied was that if you took advantage of all 4 types of dish you would reduce your DP much faster (due to the 4 different timers) than if you just ate 1 or 2 types.

I have also, never, not once, heard of even a rumor that some function of the system doesn't work on dragons. I am at a total loss as to where that misinformation came from.

Drev

Back to speaking on food prices... Rare Dessert: Sslanisian Chocolate Fudge needs 5 chocolate. This is 10 cocoa beans (100c each) at opt, coming out to 1s per dish of fudge. The fudge is a T1 dish and only removes 8 minutes. This comes out to 125c/minute. Isn't that a bit pricey for a T1 food?

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Back to speaking on food prices... Rare Dessert: Sslanisian Chocolate Fudge needs 5 chocolate. This is 10 cocoa beans (100c each) at opt, coming out to 1s per dish of fudge. The fudge is a T1 dish and only removes 8 minutes. This comes out to 125c/minute. Isn't that a bit pricey for a T1 food?
    I agree. Far too expensive

That is what I was saying about expense, it feels like a money sink rather than crafting.

As for the rumor mills, I guess just leave it at that, a long time ago when the confectioner revamp was on the drawing board, I will guess it was an "on good authority" pass down that eating a full meal would reduce more than just eating a main dish, or an appetizer. I DID read this somewhere.

The "bonus" you get I guess, is the fact that the timers are arranged in such a manner that you can't eat more than one of the same thing one right after the other, but you can combine appetizers, side, main dishes, and dessert into a DP removal that takes LESS TIME to consume. I guess that's a bonus of sorts.

Keep in mind that the Rare Foods are ones that players created. They are not really meant to be something that is made regularly for death point removal, but "bonus" foods used for special occasions. If you're making rare foods for death point removal, then you probably are going to end up taking a loss on them somewhere, be it in time or coinage.

But But Deth's Roasted Gunok is just so tasty who would not want to make some and eat some no mater the cost!

I don't know why when they were adding all the other kinds of trees they omitted cocoa and vanilla. Much of the high tier food requires purchased resources. One can't make a master advanced desert without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    As for the rumor mills, I guess just leave it at that, a long time ago when the confectioner revamp was on the drawing board, I will guess it was an "on good authority" pass down that eating a full meal would reduce more than just eating a main dish, or an appetizer. I DID read this somewhere.

The "bonus" you get I guess, is the fact that the timers are arranged in such a manner that you can't eat more than one of the same thing one right after the other, but you can combine appetizers, side, main dishes, and dessert into a DP removal that takes LESS TIME to consume. I guess that's a bonus of sorts.
    The rumor as you state it is correct. Eating a full meal IS more effective than eating just a main dish... as you are eating three other foods as well.

Its also more effective than eating four of one food, because you can eat one of each type of food faster than you can eat four of one type of food.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    But But Deth's Roasted Gunok is just so tasty who would not want to make some and eat some no mater the cost!
    Now, I wonder why you would feel that way...

Thread Information