Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Confectioner change ruminations

Default Re: Confectioner change ruminations

Is there a list somewhere of the items needed to get a Rare recipe? In other words, if you have a Stoneroot in your inventory and greet the confectioner trainer, that starts a new quest for a Rare recipe. Can someone post a list of all these Rare recipes and the accompaning starting component.

I do not have a list, but I can tell you that you have to have the various rare garnishes in inventory to start them. And when you do have it in your inventory, approach the right trainer and the little "I have a quest" exclaimation point will appear above his/her head. Fillet, Julie and Estelwen are the trainers who have quests, though which has which I don't recall.

Lower-tier garnish quests are on Fillet & Julie, higher-tier ones are on Estelwen.

Unfortunatly, my idea for a T5 trainer (a Saris named Cora) in Kirasanct or Aughundell didn't work out...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    ....Unfortunately, my idea for a T5 trainer (a Saris named Cora) in Kirasanct or Aughundell didn't work out...
    ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Ahem. Well, you could still opt for what I'm waiting for; half-giant Sir Robert Irvine the Loud, in full plate and with his titanium knives, hanging out in Mahagra....

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Unfortunatly, my idea for a T5 trainer (a Saris named Cora) in Kirasanct or Aughundell didn't work out...
    I am too tired this morning and missed the humor of this quote.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Ok, so what IS the humor in this?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Iron Chef Cat Cora page at the Food Network website.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i got it, lo....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

all that new cooking stuff sounds really cool I wonder if it might be fun to start cooking.

But Iam also very concerned .. have you ever seen an overweight dragon ?

Can we have some low fat products please !

To restart the discussion with another concern, the Requirements for food are along the lines of

Tier II
    "Reduced effect if potential rating less than 21"
    "Reduced effect if any level above 40"

Tier IV
    "Reduced effect if potential rating less than 61"
    "Reduced effect if any level above 80"

"any level" includes crafting levels. I have a character, rating 25, with a crafter level of over 70. So, when she gets a death point, the Tier II food has a reduced effect, because she had a crafter level above 40, but when she eats a Tier IV food, she gets a reduced effect because her rating is below 61. Is this as intended, or am I running into an extremely rare circumstance?
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

Only adventurer levels are taken into account. I suspect you aren't truly seeing what you think you are. What other adventurer levels do you have?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Only adventurer levels are taken into account. I suspect you aren't truly seeing what you think you are. What other adventurer levels do you have?
    I just got myself killed, so here's what I have:
    Rating: 27 (mis-remembered)
    Ranger: 24
    Scout: 20
    Druid: 15

Tailor: 70
    Gatherer: 34
    Outfitter: 10

The new death point was 13 hours, 12 minutes.

Eating a spicy chicken soup (Potential Rating 21+, any level 40-, 30:00 reduction) in a tavern removes 36 minutes.
    Eating Granny Nuffle's Quiche (Potential rating 41+, any level 60-, 46:00 reduction) in a tavern removes 57 minutes, 30 seconds
    Eating a Fruit Medly (Potantial Rating 60+, any level 80-, 45:00 reduction) in a tavern removes 51 minutes, 44 seconds.

Eating a spicy fish stew (Potential Rating 21+, any level 40-, 30:00 reduction) outside a tavern removes 18 minutes.
    Eating CHicken Noodle Soup (Potential rating 41+, any level 60-, 40:00 reduction) outside a tavern removes 25 minutes.
    Eating a Beef Shepherd Pie (Potantial Rating 60+, any level 80-, 1:10:00 reduction) outside a tavern removes 40 minutes, 15 seconds.

It certainly seems as though crafter levels are being included in "any level".
    Danna Firesoul

Danna, where did you get the 30:00 reduced? Cause I'm looking at the object in the database and it says 18:00.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Danna, where did you get the 30:00 reduced? Cause I'm looking at the object in the database and it says 18:00.
    If you're talking about the spicy chicken soup (or any of the other items), the data I have came from the description when you right-click and select "Show Details..."

Using another character:
    Rating: 40
    Blood Mage: 39
    Spiritist: 20

Confectioner: 36
    Tailor: 14
    Outfitter: 10

Death Point: 15 hours, 48 minutes
    Blackberry Cobbler (Rating 21+, Level 40-, 18:00 reduction) outside tavern reduces death point by 18 minutes.

Spicy Chicken Soup (Rating 21+, Level 40-, 30:00 reduction) inside tavern reduces death point by 1 hour.

So it doesn't seem as though the text in the description is different from the effect. Unless you are looking at the wrong item in the database, I'm at a loss to explain the variance. Something certainly appears to be off somewhere.
    Danna Firesoul

So I read it wrong, I am sorry. It was entered 1800 and I forgot that meant seconds. So 30 minutes is correct.

I looked at the code, however, and I see nothing that would cause it to give you a lower effect because your rating was 27. It only reduces effectiveness of the food if your rating is below the FullEffectRating value or above the HighestLevelEffective value. Both examples you gave me would have worked just fine.

So I'm at a loss as well as to why one character would be 1 hour in a tavern while another wouldn't.

So I read it wrong, I am sorry. It was entered 1800 and I forgot that meant seconds. So 30 minutes is correct.

I looked at the code, however, and I see nothing that would cause it to give you a lower effect because your rating was 27. It only reduces effectiveness of the food if your rating is below the FullEffectRating value or above the HighestLevelEffective value. Both examples you gave me would have worked just fine.

So I'm at a loss as well as to why one character would be 1 hour in a tavern while another wouldn't.
    Well, I'm obviously not familiar with the code, but the wording on the Details popup implies that HighestLevelEffective might be being compared to highest level instead of highest adventurer level (or rating, as you imply it ought to be above), somewhat in the same manner that a backpack's requirements are measured against highest level, and the gates fees are set by highest level.
    Danna Firesoul

It isn't though. It only uses adventurer levels.

It isn't though. It only uses adventurer levels.
    Bizarre. The characters in question are Carilin BlackFang (the one showing the problem) and Veera Goldeneyes (the one that is working as expected). If there's anything I can do to aid in diagnosing the problem, I'm willing to assist.
    Danna Firesoul

As for the rumor mills, I guess just leave it at that, a long time ago when the confectioner revamp was on the drawing board, I will guess it was an "on good authority" pass down that eating a full meal would reduce more than just eating a main dish, or an appetizer. I DID read this somewhere.
    by Justa

I remember something faintly about this also Justa, unless of course it was misunderstandings leading to rumours added to conjecture .. however, don't we think a BONUS for eating a FULL Meal of different foods, in ADDITION to the timers acting in sync, and considering the length of dp and the price of some food .. MIGHT be worth some thought anyhow ?

This would reward the Adventurer for being thoughtful about his/her diet, and the hard work of the Confectioner for being thoughtful to provide, and would hopefully help sales of Dinner packages as well ..maybe ..

../still awaiting the first All-U-Can-Eat Tavern to open somewhere near 'X marks the spot'
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Now, that my char has been transferred and I have tested the new confectioner school for some time (I did not much else than cooking the last days ), I have some concerns.

I don't know if they have been discussed else where (I didn't read the boards so much, lately), I just wanted to write them down somewhere:

1. Why does a pawn broker pay nearly no money at all for food? I tried to sell the pawn 100 Crispy Chicken Fingers and got about 20c for that... that didn't even make up for the portal-costs, obviously. Is that intended that it's impossible to earn at least some money from the pawn broker, cooking? I'd get much more money, if I sold him resources unprocessed. (And it was not, because he already had too much food, he was just empty!). It would be great if that could be changed...
    Now I give the foods I made to level up as prestents to other players or put them into a consigner for some copper (which aren't touched until now, that's most probably because they are T3 and with that much to low for the most players, that's why I would pawn them).

2. Fishing is a bit strange nowadays... was it always that way? If you're standing on a footbrigde (is that the correct word? I'm talking about those wooden things that reach into the water), you are a few meters above the sea level. Fishes seem to be always near the groud, so if the water is quite deep, you can only reach the fishes that are very close. After some while, all of the fishes spawned to far away for you to get from the footbridge or the coast and you'll have to be diving for them.
    Of course that is a nice way to test the new DP-system, but is that realy intended?
    The easiest "fix" for that would be to extend the length of the fishing lines a bit... or to ignore the height-differences while fishing and just go for the 2D-distance. If you fall down from the footbridge, you can reach most of the fish, the problem seems to be only the distance that is added because of the different level.

I don't think it's fair to force a cat to jump into cold water to get it's beloved fish... even worse when the cat was so smart to bring a fishing rod...
    And yes, I am a bit short on money right now... maybe that will get better, but I think it's not very good to lower the coin values of food in the paws that much.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information