Thread: Event Idea

Default Event Idea

I'm curious if there would be any interest in this event idea. One time as part of some RP I took a non-stackable item and added customized messages to them in the form of a small riddle. The riddle would point to some location in Isartia with publicly open storage. Inside that place I'd add another item with yet another riddle pointing to yet another place. It was a fun little game and I was thinking it may be amusing on a larger scale. Would there be any interested in such an event?

Default Re: Event Idea

Yes. Sounds even better than the "scavenger hunts" we used to do.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I think that'd be a great idea, Tsar. Might be a little challenging to set up (you need enough public storage areas, and enough riddles, either one could possibly be an issue), but I think it'd still be fun. Would it be a one-time thing, or would different riddles be started each month or thereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    I think that'd be a great idea, Tsar. Might be a little challenging to set up (you need enough public storage areas, and enough riddles, either one could possibly be an issue), but I think it'd still be fun. Would it be a one-time thing, or would different riddles be started each month or thereabouts?
    There more then just the riddles needed. It would start with a one time thing and see where it goes from there. if there isn't storage in a given area we may need another player to repeat the riddle.

The idea is part race trying to get to the place of the riddle first and some thought trying to solve the riddle.

I'm hoping it would be fun the person I set this up for the first time on the smaller scale seemed to enjoy it.

Ah, so it wouldn't be so much of a do-it-at-your-own-leisure sort of thing, then. You'd have to have a set time when everything started, and people would compete over the course of a time to complete it. Sounds like fun too, especially since for something like this you don't need everyone to be present for the start of the event.

If you would have people standing at the certain areas, how would that work? They'd have to be there for quite a while to make sure everyone who's trying the event gets a fair chance to hear their part of the riddle.

Exactly which means volunteers may be needed. And prizes must be set as well but I have some idea for that.

i'd love to try a hunt like that :-) though i'm not so keen on the race part, as long as everyone who participates gets to complete it, i think it will be fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sar-Goth View Post
    The riddle would point to some location in Isartia with publicly open storage. Inside that place I'd add another item with yet another riddle pointing to yet another place.
    Only one item in the storage? What if the first person there takes the item? The riddle is now gone and the trail broken for all other participants.

I was thinking about that too, so you'd either need a ton of each item so if someone finds out that the silos are all empty you can add another; or, you'd need to make everyone solemnly swear to not actually remove the items from the silos. Or maybe have people run by the silos regularly to check the item status.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Only one item in the storage? What if the first person there takes the item? The riddle is now gone and the trail broken for all other participants.
    I did think of that. We will either need to trust that no one will do that or have a volunteer stand at the place and give the next riddle instead of using storage.

If the devs would be willing to help a bit by trusting one person and giving that person money either in advance or afterwards, how about players volunteering a consigner instead (players with two consigners could empty one of them for that event). Open up that consigner for the event, and then one player goes around and puts up the small things with the messages for 10 gold or so each.
    Would pretty much guarantee that these would stay there for the duration... (but of course it would need dev-help with giving the setting-up player the neccessary big 10%-fee).
    This would make the event much easier to organize I think? No need for a lot of players having to volunteer at the same time, this way. They would be free to actually play along themselves too then.

Maybe there's some way to make it so 'locked' silos are still accessible enough that you can look inside them? Probably not, though...

The problem I see with consigners is, they're going to be harder to get for the event than silos would be. More secure, yes, but far more difficult to set up. And there won't be nearly as many of them as silos, either.

I like this... I would not mind opening up a room in my lair to give out the riddle tokens, although I would need the room available, first. Hmm.

I would as well, but it's next to suicide to head out to mine with out a set of wings. Not impossible, just impractically difficult - you come seconds from dying twice. Otherwise I'd be more than willing to devote a silo within my lair to the cause.

Thanks all for the input. Time to come up with some riddles. I'm thinking the silo / storage method may be best at least for the first attempt at this.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Or, what about having someone at a particular plot to give out the next riddle? Doesn't necessarily mean you have to use them as the focus of the riddle, nor do you have to limit it to the place they're standing.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information