Thread: silentpatcher.exe.args??

Question silentpatcher.exe.args??

hello all i have returned to horizons after a month abscence, very happy of the new patches. I start the game, the patcher starts, everything is well. Then, on the last file, message "One or more files failed to patch. Please run the Patcher again." appears. I have discovered this is because of the file silentpatcher.exe.args ..... in fact, I have 2 silentpatcher.exe, one in my horizons folder and one in horizons - Launcher folder

I do not know which one horizons.exe uses but I believe it is the one in the horizons folder because there is no silentpatcher.exe.args in this folder and he asks for it when i only run silentpatcher.exe

but the problem is, I copy/paste silentpatcher.exe.args in the horizons folder, where i think it would work, and the patcher works well but at the end it says that to ensure that the game works well, he has to delete some files and the file is silentpatcher.exe.args, and if i click delete, same message "One or more files failed to patch bla bla" comes up and if i click cancel, game do not start

I don't know what to do be aware that I never had any problems with this before and this happens only in user mode, in administrator mode, games runs like a charm

I believe this is not worth a ticket as the game works in admin mode but for those who understood what i was talking about, some help would be appreciated

oh and also my horizons folder is on E: drive, don't know if it changes something...

(added some pictures to help understand)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Default Re: silentpatcher.exe.args??

I'm pretty sure that the user you run HZ as needs full rights to the entire HZ directory. That might be your problem here.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the user you run HZ as needs full rights to the entire HZ directory. That might be your problem here.
    umm yep actually, that was the second thing i had tried to do but every time i gave users full rights, the computer froze for a few seconds and did not give them the rights, but after a few attemps i succeeded (after posting this )

sorry

Hehe... It was probably iterating through the thousands of files in the dir, setting rights for each one.... That's bound to take a while.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Hehe... It was probably iterating through the thousands of files in the dir, setting rights for each one.... That's bound to take a while.
    yep did you know Horizons had almost 50 000 files? I discovered it yesterday

yup I've had problems with this recently ..believe it or not, an answer on another thread works every time just fine, for me at least .. a pain yes, but you're in the game .. simply Re-Boot Puter.

[I use Win XP ..and for the forseeable future!]
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Thread Information