Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel prices... *pukes*

Angry fuel prices... *pukes*

with $4 and higher gas prices in forecast in many places in US, its sure gonna hurt the economy big time.

Why in the #### are they going so #### high????
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: fuel prices... *pukes*

$4 for how much?

we're paying over £1 / litre in the UK at the moment, and it's going up all the time.

I gather most of it is in taxes :/
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    with $4 and higher gas prices in forecast in many places in US, its sure gonna hurt the economy big time.

Why in the #### are they going so #### high????

If that is pr galon then i would say very very cheap

The price of gas is not going so high -- it's the dollar going down. How down? http://xe.com (Caution: may make you cry!)

This is definitely a bad time to go on a vacation outside of the US. In fact, it's a bad time to even go outside of your house. Stay at home and play Horizons. It's cheaper!

Yarr. If the US dollar hadn't started freefalling due to the poor economic policies of the Bush administration (among other things, many of which stretch back decades, especially Regan's moronic policies), then the price of Oil would be in the 70-80 dollar range.

Don't expect the real price of oil to fall though. My dad works for a company that does R&D and manufacturing work for oil companies, and according to them we've hit peak production of Light Sweet Crude (the cheap, easily extracted and refined oil). There's lots of Heavy Oil and Tarsands left, as well as deep sea reserves, but that stuff is far, far more expensive to extract in any significant quantity (about 20 TIMES as expensive for tarsands).

And of course, China and India are revving up their economies. With nearly 3 billion people between them they are going to start needing a lot of oil very fast. Demand>>>Supply = High Prices.

So don't expect anything less than a few hundred dollars a barrel in the long haul. In the short haul I've heard that it's possibly that oil might temporarily go back under 100 dollars a barrel for a while, if things go well.

I'm kinda happy the USD is so low, my HZ subs are pretty cheap now, since I pay in euro

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I'm kinda happy the USD is so low, my HZ subs are pretty cheap now, since I pay in euro
    Funny isn't it, paying less and getting more then on old Unity

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Steel claw i agree that the Usd is low atm how ever thats only the tip of the ice burg .After 9/11 the Us economies stopped completely. think of it as a beating heart . What bush did was get the shock panels out before trying cpr. And Allen Greenspan took bush to the cleaners .he came up with the options arm loan these loans are for investors only ! they are not met for the average person wanting to buy a house cause they a just so outrageously. when bush created this false bottom it was grand times for people in the new home Industry but, this grand time came at a heavy price and now its time to pay up. Imo you can not stop the Economic cycel.

this is
    Depreshion (1930's)
    Resheshion (2001)
    Recovery(Latter hafe of 2001)
    Prosperity( 2002-2006)

The feds have avoided a Great Depression again (thanks feds ) with the bail out of the major banks and lenders . the feds are learning the more we inter fear the worse it gets so what i think they are planing on doing is put the Uses nose up and bring it in for a belly landing Resheshion is just about hear

This Resheshion is a good thing in some angels
    1. we are looking at the death of oil and the rise of solar
    2. This should push the us in to a tecno eco friendly manner
    those are the top 2 that i can see atm

Bad angels are
    Weaken Usd
    Hosing market
    Record setting unemployment
    major US city's Like Phoenix 1 billion $ in debt

A warning to all Us players
    Labor day is comming up if you want to soften the blow for a few weeks stock up on gass while u can store it where it wont go boom and don't drive unless you got to .$ 4.30 for the cheap crap is outrageous we are not out of oil (Close but not yet )Chevron has announced a 40 Billion $ over head thats it profits after expenses and all that.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Consider yourself lucky:
    For instance: calculated to the current conversion rate at the official maximum price a gallon for 95oct gasoline: you would pay in Belgium: 8.90 USD/gallon.

Salis

and similar for the £.

one litre = £1.07 at the moment.

one litre = 0.26 US Gallons.. so equivalent to £4.11 / gallon

which translates to about $8.23 / gallon.

this is on the basis you're talking gallons and not litres..

But what most Europeans do not take into account is that the price with out the Euro/Dollar sign is the same. A Big Mac cost the same, if the Euro to Dollar was 1:1. I am not sure of the European income, if it is less then here in the state or not. But if they are close to being the same we are really paying the same when it comes down to it. At least thats the way I look at it. When I was stationed in England I only worried about it when I exchanged my money. Once out on the economy I just looked to see if the numbers were about the same, which to me they normally were.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    But what most Europeans do not take into account is that the price with out the Euro/Dollar sign is the same. A Big Mac cost the same, if the Euro to Dollar was 1:1. I am not sure of the European income, if it is less then here in the state or not. But if they are close to being the same we are really paying the same when it comes down to it. At least thats the way I look at it. When I was stationed in England I only worried about it when I exchanged my money. Once out on the economy I just looked to see if the numbers were about the same, which to me they normally were.
    I'm curious now, how much costs a BiMac in the US ? here it's about 4€50 if I remember well.

(Yay for silly questions XD)

I do not eat them the average Value meal I get is $4.59 or so I think. That is the Chicken sandwich one which is normally a little cheaper. I normally get it upsized for another $.59. I am trying to cut back try to avoid fast food of late.

I stick to the dollar menu when I buy food from there. I suppose it's a "Euro" menu there, not a "0.64 Euro" menu, right?

As for gas, also consider that in countries where gas is $8/gal, it's easier to find a car with good gas mileage. Emissions laws and consumer mentality make that difficult here in the US.

Over here, it's about how fast your vehicle reaches Ludicrous Speed, how much empty space it has -- just in case you have to take the entire soccer team home, and how heavy it is -- to keep your precious kids 'safe'. Welcome to the American mentality.

Gas affects everything. Where I live, I think its up to $1.50 a litre. I don't pay for gas, I take the bus. But a bus fare is up to $2.50 a ride, or $70 for a monthly pass, due to the fuel cost.

Now, what I will say now is going to sound crazy and you wouldn't think it related. But the cost of flour has gone up sharply, perhaps 300% in a short while. The reason behind it is the discovery of biofuels. Now, farmers have found that with biodiesel, they can make a fortune off of growing corn and soy for the oil. Which then leaves them abandoning wheat. Unfortunately, flour is used in... everything! Pasta, bread, cakes, cookies, mixes, all kinds of things!~ This means that food that uses flour gets even more expensive because the supply is getting thinner.

But with the cost of fuel to transport things getting more expensive, food rises accordingly in price to cover transport costs as well.

With fuel prices high, it is quite possible that with this panning out to the market for food, a lot of people will be starving soon.

Yeah, food is skyrocketing, and has been for a while now. Feed lot animals are fed with grains (often corn), so milk, eggs, and meat are all skyrocketing in lockstep with grain prices. Fresh produce hasn't been hit as hard (only rising with the price of oil), but I wonder how long that will last? Bread prices are only juuust starting to increase because up until now bakeries and factories have been absorbing the increases (they were all afraid to raise prices first in case their competition held out a few months longer). But they can't anymore.

In places like Mexico food riots are starting to appear because people who were previously able to survive just fine are now unable to afford enough food. I don't know about you, but I sympathize. Between my 68% rent increase and the doubling of my food bill, I'm having a hard time too:P.

EDIT: BTW RuneDragoon, where do you live?

I've noticed an increase in basic food items too. Time for Soylent Green!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    EDIT: BTW RuneDragoon, where do you live?
    Vancouver, Canada.

What sucks is when your income is directly affected by the price of gasoline.

Driving a cab. I put about $60 a night in the cab for gas now where as a year ago, it was only $30 a night.

Of course, we haven't raised our rates =(

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Are you implying that we're paid twice what you are? Seems to be the case... That's the only way that $4 = £4...

Lets see, I'm on about £22k per year for a business manager (yes, I'm underpaid because I work in a family owned business). Do you really think you'd get a qualified business manager over there for $22k ?

anyway.. that's off topic somewhat

Thread Information