Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blight 137

Default Re: blight 137

Hi.. 2nd what Ryin Said.. socket techs dont show up when crafting items, for Head Scale, and Claw.. No jewlry, tool sockets show..
    Additionally These socket techs need there description edited to Show Use for Dragon Crafting.. Roar !!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    When I eat foods I see my spellcasting bar. That is the mechanism that foods use when eating.
    I'm asking about delay on the foods. Not casting delay. The delay is too long without any sort of notification. (Well over a minute of not being able to perform any actions.)

I first mentioned issues with this here...along with other things that should be looked at in the confectioner/DP system from a player's perspective.

No, but I'll check raw meat later today.

When I eat foods I see my spellcasting bar. That is the mechanism that foods use when eating.
    bah, I have my casting bar hidden beneath my chat window, I'll have to try to figure out how I can grab it and move it

Requests:

Cogs for Dragon Craft and Lairshaping? Maybe.

Put tooth and claw/primal crystals back in. Please.

Maybe next year a velocity crystal to match the movement one?
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying Kala... But the delay when eating foods and not being able to do anything else is what I was referring to. I see the casting delay bar when I do this.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying Kala... But the delay when eating foods and not being able to do anything else is what I was referring to. I see the casting delay bar when I do this.
    Here's a breakdown of what happens when I eat a Main Course:

1) Sit Down - check, all cool,
    2) Rightclick on food, Eat,
    3) Casting Bar comes up for 20 seconds - check,
    4) I then can't preform any actions for 80 seconds, but with no indication of how much time remains before I can cast or fight again - this isn't cool. no check.

It's that last 800 decisecond delay (*not* casting delay, but post usage delay) that is the killer. Personally I feel those times are too long, but even if you want to keep the total time at 1000 deciseconds, you need to have the majority of that inside the casting delay so that we can see what's happening.

There is no casting bar for normal delay, just for casting delay. Maybe your client is different than ours?
    Last edited by Velea; April 8th, 2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Flamebaiting and off topic portion removed

Ah okay, that is what I was misunderstanding. Pre-delay and post-delay I know. Normal delay is rather cryptic.

So, there are two issues here.

First, we originally had it all front-loaded and the bar sat there for a long time. We can do that again if it makes it easier.

Second, it might be too long. This is related to other posts I've made where I said we went the harsher route so that we could then back off and make it easier if we felt the need. Perhaps it is too long and we'll definitely take another look at it.

Thank you all for providing feedback on this issue as this is what we need to improve the system and work the kinks out.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, I did your suggestion and placed the food on a hotkey

Yes, the hotkey does start to "ungrey" out as the timer reduces on the 20 minutes between eating that food, but it does not reflect "how much time" is left (it stays at a constant 20:00) when you hover over the hotkey, unlike timers like "Sup. rez, Primal Rebirth, Full heal, etc" that have huge timers that you can monitor by hovering over the hotkey.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Perhaps an in-room message like "your stomach feels fuller".

I initially thought a "burp", but that's pretty gross and I don't want to see burping spam around the taverns.

Otherwise, the loading the time to the front end would be fine to me. The only issue I see that could occur would be someone standing and interrupting the bar, unless that can be set so that movement does not interrupt the "casting" and cause the timer to restart.

Because there seems to be a slight bit of confusion on this when trying to explain it to other people (this isn't directed at Amon), here's a screenshot of lasagna, a T6 main dish from the non-quested forms.
    • Casting delay (200) is what happens when you're eating the food and your casting bar comes up.
    • Delay (800) is how long you have to wait after that bar goes away before you can perform any actions.
    • Recycle (20:00) is how long you have to wait before you can eat the lasagna again. To me, recycle is the same as cooldown.
    • Linked timer (5:00) isn't listed on here, but it's 5 minutes.
    I'm sorry that the words I'm picking are confusing people, but I'm using what's written on the food for lack of anything better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First, we originally had it all front-loaded and the bar sat there for a long time. We can do that again if it makes it easier.
    Post-delay has the nasty effect of not being able to do anything except move. That's pretty undesirable if you're popping food in the field between fights.

I'd rather see the time moved to the pre-delay, with no or minimal post-delay (a maximum of 5 seconds). At least that way, I have the option of dropping everything and dealing with an emergency. With a long post-delay, my only available course of action is to stand around and watch my group mates get clobbered.

I know you want food to be important, but don't make it so important that players wind up with an enforced "Don't bother me, I'm eating!" behavior.
    Last edited by Steelclaw; April 9th, 2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Ew. Run-on sentence.

Thread Information