Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plot reclamation?

Default Re: Plot reclamation?

The devs are sure busy with transfering the unity chars

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*g* yes and because of their never ending work with HZ they will never read the board or answer stuff there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    i hope you are wrong

even on order (the less populated shard) almost every plot is sold

but all is speculation ^^ it seems that Devs wont answer
    There's Eight EMPTY 4x5x7 lairs alone (not a bad size at all) and that's just what I've seen while running around crafting so I don't know where you are getting your info. Please just calm down and stop putting in EVERY one of your posts that you won't get a plot. You obviously won't get one if all you do is sit here on the forums and complain about not getting one. They are out there.

If you still can't find one, there is one that I am using to grind T5 exorcations on. I'll give you that one.

*Emissary hat on*
    No they do read the boards and every thread, it was pointed out to us Emissary's, when we started asking these same questions looking for answers. It is just they would rather spend more time working issues rather then replying to every post asking them something or are not ready with an answer yet. I am sorry if this bothers you, but that is how they have set the priorities.

*Emissary hat off*

It is the age old problem. how do you balance your time? Answering all the questions or doing the work needed to fix the things caused by the bugs. Also if they say one thing before they fully plan something out or set a time frame people get mad. So sometimes silence is golden from a devs side.

I agree, Deth!

btw- nice hat- fits you

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    There's Eight EMPTY 4x5x7 lairs alone (not a bad size at all) and that's just what I've seen while running around crafting so I don't know where you are getting your info. Please just calm down and stop putting in EVERY one of your posts that you won't get a plot. You obviously won't get one if all you do is sit here on the forums and complain about not getting one. They are out there.

If you still can't find one, there is one that I am using to grind T5 exorcations on. I'll give you that one.
    why do you think that i fear to get no plot/lair? i have only concerns about the reclamation and think it should happen as fast as possible

i m sure i will get one ^^ im frustrated that i will get nothing from my old 2 plot/1 lair, thats true (i will miss my novians )

why do you think that i fear to get no plot/lair? i have only concerns about the reclamation and think it should happen as fast as possible

i m sure i will get one ^^ im frustrated that i will get nothing from my old 2 plot/1 lair, thats true (i will miss my novians )
    Vlisson,

We are all not happy about the fact we will not get our old plots/lairs and/or money novians back. But it's a fact, and we can nothing do about it. Live with it and be happy as a child that got his beloved teddy back that was thought lost for more than a year. I am glad that I get soon my Dragon back!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

yes i know takora =)

but i wanted to reply to Shian :-)

even on order (the less populated shard) almost every plot is sold
    I'm sorry but this is not true, there are a lot of free plots on Order. Please look at http://www.bristugo.com/local/genimg...er-current.png

it seems that Devs wont answer
    Your answer is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Your answer is here.
    ^^ but the answer is not related to my question ^^

but its an overall statement about all open questions, thats true

i will stop asking questions, it seems to get the blood hot ^^

Asking questions if fine. Just asking questions and always stating the Dev's never answer any or complaining that they are not being answered is bad. At least that is my out look. The asking my bring ideas and points to the Dev's minds that they never thought of before. But like anyone always being bothered by "Why are you not answering my questions?" gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    *Emissary hat on*
    No they do read the boards and every thread, it was pointed out to us Emissary's, when we started asking these same questions looking for answers. It is just they would rather spend more time working issues rather then replying to every post asking them something or are not ready with an answer yet. I am sorry if this bothers you, but that is how they have set the priorities.

*Emissary hat off*

It is the age old problem. how do you balance your time? Answering all the questions or doing the work needed to fix the things caused by the bugs. Also if they say one thing before they fully plan something out or set a time frame people get mad. So sometimes silence is golden from a devs side.
    Excuses.

That's what you have a COMMUNITY MANAGER and a COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT TEAM underneath said person for. That's their job. To be present in all the communication venues and interact with (as well as go to bat for) the players. Act as go-between to all those folks who need to focus their time on development work.

It IS doable. There is evidence that it works and works well. All it takes is commitment and experience to make it work.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't understand, phar, are you saying the devs lack commitment and experience?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

In the Community Management department, Horizons.. err.. I mean "Istaria" has always been WAY behind the curve.

That said, there's been some improvement, but it's still not up to par of some of the game communities I have been involved in.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thats funny I always thought Horizons was one fo the better ones from the games I have played. Do not get me wrong it has had it's low points, but in general it has been the game I my self hold a lot of other games up to. I guess I have just not played in the same games you had Phar. Of course I do surf a lot more boards for Horizons then i do most other games so maybe that was the reason. I could just find find more info bits here and there and connect the dots easier maybe.

maybe interesting for some of you:

If you own more plots/lairs than your subscriptions entitle, the plot reclamation system randomly selects a plot. We strongly recommend to all customers that they never have more plots/lairs than they are entitled.

Well, what I am interested in is how guild plot reclamation is going to work. Guild communities are still problematic in several ways. They should be manageable by the guildmaster of the guild owning the guildhall plot.

The problems encountered are that, if you buy a guildhall from a defunct guild, but there are still active guildmembers of that guild in the guild community owning plots, then you will end up with a mixed-guild situation in that guild community.

Guildhall plots should also reflect the current guildmaster of a guild, not a specific owner all the time. We're in a situation right now where our guildhall plot is owned by a guildie who no longer plays, and probably will never return due to health reasons. We can't get in touch with him, and we don't have access to his account.

There are many guild plots around Istaria (at least on order) where the one who owns the main plot no longer plays and/or the guild is inactive.

Yes. However, in our case, our guild is QUITE active, but the one holding the guildhall plot is not, and we have been unable to contact him or his wife in some time; he was in poor health, though was improving last time we heard from them.

At any rate, he wasn't the GuildMaster. Technically, whomever is GuildMaster should have control of the GuildHall plot, since it is a *GUILD* community. I don't think a whole guild should be punished to lose their community because a particular player who owned the main plot cannot or does not wish to play anymore.

In fact, it is even worse, since someone buying such a guildhall plot would have a bunch of their plots owned by people in another, potentially rival, guild.

I'd say that the optimal solution to that (if they had the time to redo the system) would be to have the guildplot owned by the guild itself, not any specific person. In order to make that work, the guild would have to pay a substantial ingame upkeep cost in order to keep the plot, else it would be repoed (since it isn't being held by an active account). All subplots would have to be owned by active accounts, but the guild plots themselves would be special guild only plots. That way inactive guilds would quickly lose control of the main plot due to an inability to pay the rent, while active guilds like Pharcellus' would never lose control of their plot due to one or more inactive members. The guildmaster(s) could designate "plot control settings" as one of the optional powers that various levels of officers could receive.

However I disagree that the subplots of currently active players should be repoed out from under them when a guild plot changes hands. If the guild in question wants them to move, it can do what organizations in real life do: offer them a bribe.

Thread Information