Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plot reclamation?

Default Re: Plot reclamation?

Not if the subplots are treated as leases. Then, when the community changes hands, it can "evict" the current tenants, just like apartment complexes do in RL.

Sucks, but I don't necessarily want to keep "tenants" in a guild community I purchased, if I have lots of guildies who need and want those plots, too.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I can see both sides of the argument. It would suck to be a guildie kicked off a plot because someone came along and brought up the Master plot. But It is also bad to have non-guild members on your plots when you have guild members waiting.

Hopefully they will be able to work out a system where when a Guild plot goes up for sales it will some how give guild members priority to buy the the master plot before it goes on general sales. That way they could set it up to allow eviction by the master plot owner if they take no action to pick up the plot. That way they would at least have a chance to save their master plot and own plot. That would also take away most of the stand they would have for keeping a guild plot, if another guild took over.

As long as the player owning the master plot is still a member of the guild, then only members of that guild will be able to buy the master plot when it comes up for sale.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Interesting. So that is current/expected behavior?

Makes life a little easier if so.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    <snip> ...Technically, whomever is GuildMaster should have control of the GuildHall plot, since it is a *GUILD* community. <snip>.
    I disagree. I know of at least one large guild that owns more than one guild town*, the only way that even a portion of their members can hold guild plots. If the GM were the only one who could purchase a guildhall plot, this would be impossible.

*And before anyone says this is unfair, please consider...1)there are no more plots being sold to those players than there would be anyway, 2) those guild plots would not be available to individuals in any event, and 3) there are certainly as many guild plots/towns going unused as there are non-guild lands

That being said, I agree that the reclamation will be a sticky point where it regards guild lands. I feel for the developers that have to handle that mess!

something that occurred to me the other day was that if guild plot sizes are increased (I mean the subplots) to a decent level, then people like me, who have decided to buy a plot elsewhere as it's bigger, would relocate BACK to the guild community, and leave my outside plot open for newcomers/people without guilds/or others that would choose to live outside their guild community for whatever reason.

I'd love to have a plot with my guild, but all the ones unclaimed are like 22x22
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    I disagree. I know of at least one large guild that owns more than one guild town*, the only way that even a portion of their members can hold guild plots. If the GM were the only one who could purchase a guildhall plot, this would be impossible.
    We also have been in such a situation. However, it isn't impossible. They are a single plot each, so it is just a matter of having another plot slot on your guildmaster's account. That is all.

*And before anyone says this is unfair, please consider...1)there are no more plots being sold to those players than there would be anyway, 2) those guild plots would not be available to individuals in any event, and 3) there are certainly as many guild plots/towns going unused as there are non-guild lands

Even though it is not necessary to limit the guild communities to one per guild, I would not be aversed to the idea, myself. As Istaria grows again, it would seem only fair that Guild communities be limited to one per guild, to give newer guilds a chance to own one. That's just my take, though. Just saying I would be happy either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    something that occurred to me the other day was that if guild plot sizes are increased (I mean the subplots) to a decent level, then people like me, who have decided to buy a plot elsewhere as it's bigger, would relocate BACK to the guild community, and leave my outside plot open for newcomers/people without guilds/or others that would choose to live outside their guild community for whatever reason.

I'd love to have a plot with my guild, but all the ones unclaimed are like 22x22
    Yeah. I don't have an answer for that one, really. They avoided that, for the most part, with Lairs, keeping them all within a small range of sizes. However, for biped plots, there is really no point in owning much below 40x40 or 50x50. Personally, if it were possible, I think that everyone should be able to buy as many plots as they want up to some total size limit, like 10,000sqm (100x100). That would make owning small plots valuable, because you could have several of them in different places.

The argument against that typically is that there is not enough plot square footage to give everyone 10ksqm. That is true, but at the same time, not everyone would fill it up, and not everyone would want to own/build up a plot. In addition, if a monthly tax on plots were made for maintenance/upkeep, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. Most folks would keep the plot ownership small, or just not bother, if they were not really interested anyway. IE, it would keep the "tasters" away from buying plots. You know, the ones who buy a plot, and never do anything with it.

noobquestion: whats the system of a plot reclamation? Takora told me that the plots are switched to sell

i ever thought the plots who got reclaimed are for auction? I think Takora is right but it would be nice if i could get this important fact confirmed

thanks

Bristugo - Chaos Shard (at last i'm out of the void!)

another noob question...how the guild communities work? and how a guildmaster can own a community?
    Trinox Samoni - Adult Lunus - From the void of Unity to Chaos
    Member of "I Protettori Dell'Antico Codice" guild

there is one main plot for each guild community. whoever owns that plot, only members of their guild may buy the subplots. the main plot is expensive but the subplots only cost 1 sp each.

if someone owns a plot and leaves the guild (or the owner of the main plot sells the main plot to another guild), that someone keeps their plot but can sell it only to a member of the guild currently owning the master plot.

there are currently no resources nearby most of them save for some fish, so the community will need to build storage & bring in the resources if they want to have resources available there.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post

there are currently no resources nearby most of them save for some fish, so the community will need to build storage & bring in the resources if they want to have resources available there.
    Pepper, salt, sugar cane, barley, wheat, grapes, potatoes, carrots, pumpkins and fish near Yewn on Saritova

Bristugo - Chaos Shard (at last i'm out of the void!)

thx for the answer awdz! i've searched all istaria for a lair but the only ones left are in the guild community...*sighs*
    seems that i have to wait for a time when virtrium will make some more lairs.
    Trinox Samoni - Adult Lunus - From the void of Unity to Chaos
    Member of "I Protettori Dell'Antico Codice" guild

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

On Order Shard, there are several dozen partially built plots already up for sale. They've been up for sale for a long time. They have nothing to do with the round of plot repos coming up. They were repo'd earlier (2005-2006ish) and have never been bought.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Do these partially built plots show up on bristugo free plot map or do they only show up on "Plots for sale page"?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    noobquestion: whats the system of a plot reclamation? Takora told me that the plots are switched to sell

i ever thought the plots who got reclaimed are for auction? I think Takora is right but it would be nice if i could get this important fact confirmed

thanks
    so anyone can answer my question please

we never had a reclamation on unity so please help me ^^

1. There hasn't been one for years.

2. All Plot reclamations were done under a different company.
    Any answer that is given (Whether how it happened in the past or speculation on how it will work) is at best, a guess as VI might and probably will handle them differently that whatever has happened in the past.

3. They have not given out any information yet and are probably not ready to as they are still preparing. They will let us know when the time comes.
    Last edited by Shian; April 23rd, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

oh

thanks for your info, i thought there have been several reclamations (2 years ago)

so lets wait till we get an official answer/announcement!

thx

The plot reclamation system simply goes through and sets any plot for sale which is flagged from a non-paying account for a certain length of time. IE, like 90 days or 6 months since the last payment, and after multiple notices have been sent. They are not auctioned, just set for sale at the imperial price. That price is paid to the original owner upon reclamation.

Due to the plot token issue in the Unity transfer and thier explanation why they were not going to give them out, it was implied (at least to me) that they intended to do the full reclaim/auction. Otherwise, why the hubbub about the tokens?

Drev

Thread Information