Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exclusive Interview with Rick Simmons on RPG Vault

Default Re: Exclusive Interview with Rick Simmons on RPG Vault

Don't bother me, I just got my new iCog! Now... where do I plug it in?

(icog sounds like a product made by [computer company that shares the name with a fruit])

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

You know, with all the sniping about the name change, has anyone even noticed the other things mentioned? Still in line for the tier 2 revamp, plus the graphics tweaking to continue lag reduction and memory usage. Plus looking at fixing spawns across Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

hopefully adding more spawns with more players joining the servers.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Watch, the tier 2 revamp will happen JUST as I hit tier 3... and etc. XD;

I did actually notice everything else that was mentioned, and I'm rather excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Everyone should be careful, though, not to refer to it as HZ in situations where doing so could harm the ability of potential players to recognise and locate the game in even the slightest way.
    You mean like changing the name of the game? 'Cause, you know, there are a few people out there who've heard of the game, didn't think about it for a few months, then wanted to go play it again.

Seriously. You guys have heard of Vanguard, right? You know...that OTHER MMO published by Sony? www.vanguard.com goes to some stock/investment type site. I doubt that's stopped many people from finding the game. If people can't find a game by typing gamename.com (how many of you do that anyway?), won't they look for it on Google or something? I know I would...but maybe I'm just abnormal. ;p

Also, if "Horizons" sounds too much like a dating service (I can't possibly see how), couldn't that be thought of as a GOOD thing? I mean...I'm sure there are a lot of geeks and nerds out there who'd be more than happy to use a dating service and game at the same time.

Last, changing the name doesn't do squat about the performance of the game or anything else about it. What it does do is unnecessarily irritate long-time players and add confusion to the MMO market, IMO. "Oh new game, Istaria...hmm, has dragons, that sounds pretty neat!" Then as soon as they get here... "Oh, it's just Horizons repackaged."

as you said Kala: AS SOON AS they have arrived-we got èm^^
    they may want to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Seriously. You guys have heard of Vanguard, right? You know...that OTHER MMO published by Sony? www.vanguard.com goes to some stock/investment type site. I doubt that's stopped many people from finding the game. If people can't find a game by typing gamename.com (how many of you do that anyway?), won't they look for it on Google or something? I know I would...but maybe I'm just abnormal. ;p
    Yes, but at the same time, NO SOE game is www.game.com. It's game.station.soe.com

No, I don't ever use www.gamename.com. With the exception of very few, most games are not as such anyways. Perhaps we are lucky then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Last, changing the name doesn't do squat about the performance of the game or anything else about it. What it does do is unnecessarily irritate long-time players and add confusion to the MMO market, IMO. "Oh new game, Istaria...hmm, has dragons, that sounds pretty neat!" Then as soon as they get here... "Oh, it's just Horizons repackaged."
    They're adding stuff constantly though. By the time a year rolls around, it could quite possibly be a new game. I think the name change is doing what it said it was doing- getting rid of all the bad juju the former owners gave it by neglecting such a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    By the time a year rolls around, it could quite possibly be a new game.
    In the direction they seem to be going, it doesn't look much like a new game I'll be wanting to play. I'm attempting to be patient though. Either that, or the apathy has kicked in.

Personally I like the name change. Also from what I'm reading in the upcoming months it looks good...heck the first dungeon in Istaria! I was one of the lucky few to see it and it's an awesome addition! Word on the street is there is crafter love coming too.

VI has done alot of great things...at least as far as I've seen and they are working really hard too. Shortly after people ranted about the new loading screen dragon symbol they modified it. How many games out there care enough to listen to their players like these guys do?

Thread Information