Thread: WARNING on Name-changes

Default WARNING on Name-changes

I thought I would try to blend in with my new world and community as soon as I would be transfered (from Unity).
    So as soon as that had happened, I sent in an email asking Vi to take away the unity tags.

What happened: I did not get any answer (email); but today I did not find my trusted characternames (with or without tag) on relogging: instead I found 5 numbers, and a message that I needed to change those names before logging in. So no taking away tags and leaving names....

I haven't the faintest clue this way, which number is which character! And I can't log in with the 'numbers' to check either, it won't let me (database-error if I try).

And so I can't play with any of my Unity-characters this weekend... (well... unless I go name them blindly, in the vain hope that I won't be making mistakes in 5 out of 5 wild guesses)...

So be warned: don't ask for taking tags away before this is fixed (so you knów which number is which character); or only ask one single name to be changed...

(Yes, ticket was sent some hours ago; no answer to that though; and no surprise there, they must still be very busy to finish as much as they can before the weekend so understandable.)

Default Re: WARNING on Name-changes

Folk,s this is totally my fault.

I didn't realize how the name change system worked and that it would replace names with biote numbers.

I am working right now even as I type with our Server Hero (at least, he's a hero to me cause he's fixing my mistake).

I now know what I did wrong and how to do it right.

Bear with us for a bit here and we'll get it worked out.

And again, I apologize.

Oh noes galilee I hope you get your names soon resolved !

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thanks Amarie

Galilee,

An email was sent to you when I made the original character name changes. Perhaps check your "spam" folder to see if emails from our support system are being sent there?

I have also updated your support ticket (and everyone else's) with an apology and explaination of what happened as soon as I saw your post. And most recently, you should have an email from me explaining how to correct the error.

As of this post, everyone who had sent in a request to have their character names changed should have multiple responses from me in their email, the last of which explains how to complete the character name changes.

If someone finds this is not the case, please update your support ticket and I will correct the error as soon as I hear from you.

Thank you, and again, I apologize for the error.

(Closing thread as the problem is fixed.)

Thread Information