Thread: moving hotkeys

Default moving hotkeys

please add the option to move hotkeys

from bar to bar or from hotkeybar place 1 to place 2

i dont know if this got suggested before but i would love this option!!!

please take a look on this 2 year old thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=hotkey

great ideas there!

Default Re: moving hotkeys

copy and paste Hotkeys .. would totally love it, can't count the times that would have been a blessing .. on the same line ..an option to LOCK Hotbars too, and windows, unless i'm blind and missed something.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm not entirely sure about the copy and paste part, but as far as locking the positions of the hotkeys, that's a simple one.

Right click on the hotkey bar and choose properties. Look at the check options at the bottom of the properties window. One of them should be a lock.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

hence my thoughts on blindness ..thx C'gan
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Not to mention other MMORPGs *ahem AC, WoW, CoH, ... everyone else"

you can drag and drop hotkeys from one square to another. (not really cut and paste)

Horizons does not have that ability, so if you wanted to drag your macroed key to a new button, without having to rewrite the whole macro in the new button, you could just drag and drop it.

Here is a challenge to those programmers out there like Arcat or Zexoin...

Since the game stores the icon picture associated with your hotkeys, AND it stores the hotkey ability in another DEF file...

It should not be hard to write a program to display all 10 of your hotkey bars, with the appropriate pictures, in a Windows program outside of the game, that would allow you to drag and drop them between each other for the character you choose to do this with.

Unfortunately adding "new" things to a hotkey would have to be done in-game, unless you want to add every ability / spell the game has in a database so you can pick/choose what you want (which would be a monumental headache)

Just something to ponder
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

It should not be hard to write a program to display all 10 of your hotkey bars, with the appropriate pictures, in a Windows program outside of the game, that would allow you to drag and drop them between each other for the character you choose to do this with
    Wouldn't work. Every spell/ability/item/whatever has unique ids specific to a particular character. Only the effects are similar. That is to say, my Gift of Armor V is different than your Gift of Armor V which is different from Amon's Gift of Armor V which is different than someone who hasn't yet scribed Gift of Armor V. Thus, when you set up your hotkeys, it references the ID # rather than the spell. So writing a program would in fact require the programmer to know EVERYONE's (past/present/future) id's for every single spell and ability. And most of the ones that haven't actually occured are random numbers

I think that Justa is suggesting that since the current data is already stored in def files - that a third party program could switch the already saved info from hotkey to hotkey .. not that you could create original macros from outside the game.

Yes, I was not suggesting making new hot keys, just moving the existing ones you have already set up in game.

The Dev file shows the hotkey maps and IDs already. It just takes a little programming, drag and drop the buttons to their new locations, and open the DEF files and move the associated text to the new button slot.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood what it was I thought you wanted a program to be. So now that I understand, basically you want a program that edits your own hotkey.def file? I don't know, but Notepad works great for me in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Piira Laxdaela View Post
    Ah, I'm sorry I misunderstood what it was I thought you wanted a program to be. So now that I understand, basically you want a program that edits your own hotkey.def file? I don't know, but Notepad works great for me in that instance.
    It works for me too, but not everyone feels confident editing their .def files

if you gain lvl/abilities/spells/ or other stuff you want to organize in your hotkeys it would be a dream if you could do it more easy to rearrange them

1 hotkey bar set wit for example fire spells and you get 1 additional fire spell you want to insert between spell 2 and 3, then you have to delete half of the hotkey bar and if you set some other settings on the old key then the horror starts

same goes for crafting, it would be very helpfull if you could change the order not only overwrite them

i really hope that it will get "upgraded" like in other games

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Unfortunately adding "new" things to a hotkey would have to be done in-game, unless you want to add every ability / spell the game has in a database so you can pick/choose what you want (which would be a monumental headache)
    Actually, the "new" things with the right IDs are sent to the client during login and are recorded in the client_net_log -- if debug logs are enabled. The monumental headache consists of coaxing the user to log in with debug logs, then fishing the ability and spell IDs out of the netlog.

Such a program could also swap hotkey icons to player-made ones without having to redo hotkeys, and export a hotkey configuration that can then be imported to a Blight copy.

Ok, Vlisson, here is what most people do without use of 3rd party programs.

On the character with the "hot key issues for swapping" you go in-game, set up the hot keys the way you want it for doing "crafting" or "Healer vs. Ranger (for me anyways)"

Once you have your hot keys set up in such a manner, do the following:

go to the "prefs" folder in your Horizon directory, find the character you are doing this for

find the file UIHotkeys.def (for my example I have a healer setup and a ranger setup)

Make a copy of this file and name it UIHotkeys.def_healer
    Find the folder in that same directory called "hotkey_icons" and make a copy of it. Call the folder "hotkey_icons_healer"

go back into the game, setup your bars for (in this example, Ranger) and repeat the steps above, naming the files "UIHotkeys.def_ranger" and the folder "hotkey_icons_ranger"

Do not RENAME the original file, just make copies and name those.

Now you can write a batch file that copies the appropriate hot keys you want to use as "UIHotkeys.def" and the folder "hotkey_icons"

or... as Piira said, if you are really good at editing the DEF file, you can go in and find the macro / hotkey in the def file, copy and paste the hotkey entry and move them around that way, taking great caution to keep the "syntax" of the brackets and entries so you don't mess that file up...

ALWAYS back up the originals if you do any of this so you can safely return to what you had if you don't do this right.

hmm nice guide thanks for it

but i would love an ingame solution

my problem is not if i swap shools

ok if you have enough time and tested your hotkeys the problem will vanish if you have your hotkey bars optimized

and its frustrating if you have 9 hotkeys set but you want a new hotkey (spell/ability) between number 2 and 3

i hope this will get upgraded

its already standard in other games?

This would be an excellent quality of life edition. I miss the functionality greatly as does my wife.

i hope that the devs think about this upgrade ^^

even if its only an offline version to manage your hotkeys

Thread Information