Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

Default Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

Hi all

I have pulled together a dragon guide.

Please note that this is a work in progress as there is much more that can be added.

A lot of the information contained within it is already available spread over a number of websites or buried in the forum. I've tried to pull together as much as I can.

Please let me know of any errors or areas that could do with more explanation.

Thanks
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

Wow nice compilation Chasing

*bows*
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thumbs up Re: Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

excellent, well done Chasing!

Azdhaja Light Fraoch ** Lolita Morena
    Alkmene Mandavar ** Seelie Mandavar

Very usefull! Thank you for putting it together

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Dragons cannot own plots. Bipeds cannot own lairs. At least, it dosen't work for my biped when he tries to buy one. Has anyone else tried this recently?

Dragons can own plots.

Well they could prior to lairs existing. Did they change that? I never botehrd to try buying one since.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Just tested, yep dragons can still buy biped plots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Okay added more information about combat calculations and tidied up some bits and pieces.

I don't seem to be able to edit the original post anymore so I'll have to upload the document again

Can someone please remove the original Word Doc on the 1st post.

Thanks
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Excellent work!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

That's pure awesome-sauce right there.

Thanks man.

Nice work! It is obvious that you put a lot of effort into this, and it probably should be stickied :-) Given the documents name, though, could you please place something in the header that shows some of this information came from other people?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

One thing I noticed is in the bit about selling gems to a broker you mention selling to a t5 or t6 broker. Might you give an example of such? or are they the brokers in the towns/areas stated in this table?

Tier 1 0-20 Training Islands and Lesser Aradoth (Kion and Sslanis)
    Tier 2 20-40 Dalimond, Chiconis and Bristugo
    Tier 3 40-60 Mahagra, New Rachival, Trandalar, Aughendell West
    Tier 4 60-80 Dralk and Kirasanct
    Tier 5 80-100 Satry Isles, Harro, Last Stand, Aughendell East, Morning Light
    Tier 6 100+ Eastern Deadlands, Harro

Just something I pondered while reading this very very excellent document.

Oh yes one more thing. Aggro or threat. How does it work in this game? That would be an excellent addition to this primer to not only dragon life, but Istarian mechanics et. al.

Thank you once again for your work on this!!

T5 and T6 pawnies are player-built. The racial, public connies are all T4.

well done indeed:P

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn View Post
    Nice work! It is obvious that you put a lot of effort into this, and it probably should be stickied :-) Given the documents name, though, could you please place something in the header that shows some of this information came from other people?
    I have already mentioned on the 1st forum post and in the contents of the guide that some of the information is sourced from other areas. Where I have specifically referred to work other people have completed I have put the link to their work within the document.

I believe that this should be sufficent to cover your above point.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks alot Chasing!!

Great work!!

Quote Originally Posted by tygan View Post
    One thing I noticed is in the bit about selling gems to a broker you mention selling to a t5 or t6 broker. Might you give an example of such? or are they the brokers in the towns/areas stated in this table?

Tier 1 0-20 Training Islands and Lesser Aradoth (Kion and Sslanis)
    Tier 2 20-40 Dalimond, Chiconis and Bristugo
    Tier 3 40-60 Mahagra, New Rachival, Trandalar, Aughendell West
    Tier 4 60-80 Dralk and Kirasanct
    Tier 5 80-100 Satry Isles, Harro, Last Stand, Aughendell East, Morning Light
    Tier 6 100+ Eastern Deadlands, Harro

Just something I pondered while reading this very very excellent document.

Oh yes one more thing. Aggro or threat. How does it work in this game? That would be an excellent addition to this primer to not only dragon life, but Istarian mechanics et. al.

Thank you once again for your work on this!!
    1. On Chaos there are public T5 pawnbrokers at Apia, Saritova and Brandons Shelf.

2. What do you mean about aggro Tygan?

IE .If you get too close to a mob it will attack you. Some mobs are grouped so you pull one you get the whole field.

These kind of things?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

More like group aggro mechanics. Things like does healing cause threat to a mob, and at what point will that mob aggro on the healer? Can you grab aggro from someone through dps alone?

Just general mechanics like that. Am I giving you enough info here?

Quote Originally Posted by tygan View Post
    More like group aggro mechanics. Things like does healing cause threat to a mob, and at what point will that mob aggro on the healer? Can you grab aggro from someone through dps alone?

Just general mechanics like that. Am I giving you enough info here?
    This is what I could find regarding aggro so far. Couldn't locate anything about healer aggro but it is buried in the forum somewhere. I will add to the guide when i get a chance

Note I don't believe dragon heals will cause aggro switches by mobs like bipeds get, but I will need to test it.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7325

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7768

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7798
    Last edited by Chasing; May 7th, 2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Woo, thanks for the links! It just seemed to be a question that many seasoned MMO'rs are going to ask: How's the aggro work? Every game does it differently, so it seemed a nice addition to your Primer of Doooom!(tm).

Thread Information