Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

Default Re: Everything you wanted to know about dragons but were afraid to ask

<<<bump>>>
    Reeg: Cleric/Warior/Mage/KnoC - Gath/Miner/Mason/Fitter/Weaver/Carpenter
    Salwyn: Lunas Dragoness
    Guild: Drulkar's Children
    Blight: Irony the Dwarf

On Order, there's a public T6 pawnbroker next to Aughundell.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Latest version to upload.

Added section on teching scales and spells, also tidied up some other sections, corrected a few errors and extra info I have located.

I have had to ZIP the document now as it is too big to upload as a Word document. Added a version number so I can keep track of which doc I am working on.

Once again any feedback/corrections/ideas welcome

Thanks
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

As always this is packed full of goodness. Should be required reading for starting players of scaled and non-scaled variety.

Latest version to upload

Lots of corrections and added details of cargo disc changes and new dragon spell lines.

Thanks to Fidri for pointing out all the errors I had made
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Just a note... in the guide under AROP requirements...

"All breath quests completed" Is not true... I helped a Helian ancient do the beath of fire 3 and ice breath the other day *chuckle*

Soraii

Need to add the 5% chance effects of the Fangs of Fury and The Primal Rage.

Hoard doesn't actually add to breath damage or accuracy. I believe it was supposed to but in practice it does not. I've confirmed this by comparing base and current dragon breath skills of one dragon with > 26 million hoard vs another with about 8 million. The skill levels were identical. I also do not think it is affecting some invisible "accuracy" stat since both tend to miss equally.

Helian and Lunus would be better explained by not stating "geared for", since that isn't what the factions really are. Maybe saying "get bonuses to melee/spell skills" is a better way to put it.

Since both sides can now get both elemental breath attacks, that needs updated as well. ARoP probably still only requires the original faction specific breath quest most likely. A new adult will have to test that.

Upon Achieving the level 100 hoard amount of 25,333,000 hoard,(from the lvl 99 amount) the bonus to armor is the usual +4 per level plus 80 bonus for reaching maximum hoard level. The total armor boost for a lvl 100 dragon with 25,333,000 or more hoard is +480

fyi the level 120 hoard amount would be 61,900,000 if the hoard cap ever got raised (wishful thinking)

Nice information on all the ways to boost skills with all the gifts, potions etc.

This section:
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Some techniques that can be added onto dragon spells are not useful.[/FONT]
    - [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Fortify – adds a 30 sec armour bonus, however this tech will overwrite certain biped buffs so is best not to use[/FONT]
    - [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Heal Increase – Does not work properly with the heal over time spells[/FONT]
    - [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Heal Recycle – Does not work properly with the heal over time spells[/FONT]
    - [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Potency – Does not work properly with the heal over time spells[/FONT]

Heal Recycle does work with HOT's. Heal Increase and Potency both work on the new Primal Health spell, with Heal Increase being the recommended choice as it raises both the upper and lower ranges of the heal, while Potency only increases the upper range (to the same maximum amount that Heal Increase does).
    Last edited by Guaran; July 10th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

[gg stupid timer limit for editing posts, so here is some additional information]

Cleanse + Recycle are the only choices to be concerned with for the T4 and T5 HOT's.

Heal Increase and Potency do not stack with each other.

The offensive spells including Grazing and Unelenting winds with the exception of Barrage and Gust can also take "Spell: Primal Flash"
    Last edited by Guaran; July 10th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.

In the "What should I tech my spells with section" Add in Notes that Primal Range adds 10 seconds to a spells recycle. i.e not really the best choice for a spell unless it's being used to pull. I would only recommend Primal Range on the Winds plus a bolt made just for surgical pulling.

Edit: Ah just now seeing your mention of Primal Flash. Boy this thing is comprehensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    ARoP probably still only requires the original faction specific breath quest most likely. A new adult will have to test that.
    I wont have an adult up there for a while, but I will test it when I do, however I have it on good information that neither elemental breath nor the breath of fire III are required for the arop as I helped a returning player do those quests on their ancient 2 or 3 weeks back before the breaths were opened up to both factions. Their dragon was most deffinatly an ancient abd had done none of the adult breath quests *chuckle*

Soraii

Good guide. Though it would be nice if the OP could be updated with the newest version?
    I see in version 4 there are still some missing areas, it would be great to see these filled in.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Yes the 30 minute post edit timelimit is a leftover from the Dark Times(tm) (EI), can we get that removed?

Thanks for the updates, I will add the amendments when i get a chance
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yes the 30 minute post edit timelimit is a leftover from the Dark Times(tm) (EI), can we get that removed?

What about the 60-second limit between posts?

Or should I slow down from wishing multiple people a happy birthday in the appropriate threads?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Version 5 to upload now.

Thanks to Fidri, Valorynx, Telyshia, Guaran and anyone else that has helped to point out errors and areas that could do with more work.

Version 5
    - Amended Dragon stater topics and added more links to walkthru's
    - Added dragon tool claw and removed duplicate dragon disc
    - Added combat abilities
    - Added combat aggro
    - Added combat tactics
    - Added Epic items
    - Added a mini Glossary
    - Corrected rare technique details

It's been suggested to convert the file into PDF format, unfortunately if i do that then it is too big to upload
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks to Telyshia who made a proper PDF version for me
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thank you very much to both of you

TelShyia

oh, don't thank me, Chasing has done all the work!

Wow. Pretty sweet guide.

Chasing has very kindly given permission to convert his outstanding guide and put it on the Wiki. Still a work-in-progress (so many tables!) but it's a start... I've hyperlinked everything I could so far, hopefully it is easy to navigate. Feel free to make any comments!

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Istarian_Dragon_Guide

Thread Information