Thread: Highest damage possible dragon claw

Default Highest damage possible dragon claw

I'd like an input from fellow dragons more versed at math than me (I eat stuff, don't think ).

At the moment I have a Valkor's Blood Talon and a Spiked Emerald Tipped Claw with Fangs Of Fury, a strength crystal and T&C V.

Now, I have looked at the "stats" and they don't look really different.

Moreover I have a Mysty Topaz Crystal (12% chance to convert damage into Ethereal, and no, I don't have a peridot).

Would it be worth creating a third claw with 3 sockets including the ethereal crystal or does the Valkor Talon do better? Notice that I am only concerned about damage and not ANY other factor.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Highest damage possible dragon claw

While I'm no expert at all that, I'd say make a triple socketed claw and place your misty crystal in it along with Fangs of Fury and a high end strength crystal. Having the 12% chance of doing ethereal damage would make for a really nice combination with the other two.

Did you saw the new Demon claw? Its just SICK! + 120 str and + 100 T& C, that rocks + 3% armor shred (0 armor) proc!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Did you saw the new Demon claw? Its just SICK! + 120 str and + 100 T& C, that rocks + 3% armor shred (0 armor) proc!
    0_o waaa. Wow. I think maybe all these epics need some kind of decay on them. It's going to suck once everyone and their pet have epic items (unless they are a lot rarer than I think they're going to be).

But everyone and their pet doesn't have them. As a matter of fact I'd have to say that a very very small percentage of the playerbase can currently fight epic mobs, let alone own an epic weapon of their own. I don't see that changing in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    0_o waaa. Wow. I think maybe all these epics need some kind of decay on them. It's going to suck once everyone and their pet have epic items (unless they are a lot rarer than I think they're going to be).

Like Favoran said, a very small % of the player base actually hunts and can bring the big baddies down. And another smaller % of them has actually a epic. I had to hunt 1,5 years Son of No-I-don't-drop-the-item-your-want-when-you-kill-me-Gigaroth to get my demon claw so go figure. =P

For normal hunting I prefer my triple socketed claw because of my DGVWC and my fangs of furry with a stat crystal. The demon claw i use mostly when I help to hunt the epics.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I have to say, I personally use a misty topaz crystal with fangs of fury, and my blood talon easily outdamages that claw, unless the etherial strike procs.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Demon claw is the highest damaging claw in general. WHen I got mine, it incresed each gold rage strike by around 100, and when shreds procs, its..deadly :P If you can't get your paws on one though, definately a misty topaz+fangs of fury and a str crystal.

Thread Information