Thread: Food for Thought

Default Food for Thought

After pondering my last post, it seems a shame that many newer players missed some of the old fun contests of an era gone by. So, why not revisit those contests for fun.

So, since we missed out on the "Calling all Cooks" contest, this'll be the place to put any of the recipes we could have submitted for the contest if we were around to do so. If submitting a recipe, please have only ingredients that can be found in game. Who knows what could happen. Look for some scrumptious recipes from Karya soon!

Karya

Default Re: Food for Thought

Karya's Cinnamon French Toast

(likely T6 Advanced form Main Dish)
    Enjoy a sweet meal to start the day!

4 Wheat Dough
    2 Beaten Eggs
    2 Milk
    2 Maple Syrup
    1 Ground Cinnamon
    1 Vanilla
    1 Butter

Spicy Salsa
    (Likely T4 Basic form Side Dish)
    Feeling hot hot hot? With this you will!

3 sliced tomatoes
    3 diced hot peppers
    2 chopped onions
    1 sliced green peppers
    2 ground pepper

With more to come for sure!

Karya

We were discussing Ale Battered Mushroom Caps earlier for an appetizer YUMMY! I'm not a confectioner, so I wouldn't know the ingredients but it sounds pretty scrumptious!!
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik View Post
    We were discussing Ale Battered Mushroom Caps earlier for an appetizer YUMMY! I'm not a confectioner, so I wouldn't know the ingredients but it sounds pretty scrumptious!!
    *Finds a mushroom wearing a hat and promptly beats it with a barrel of Dwarven Ale* That's the simplest way.

I like the idea of tiered foods, like other formulas in game. They'd use a base and add 1 other item/tier. Call them snacks and give them a lesser dp time reduction, maybe 5 or 10 min/tier since they're easier to make.

I already posted under the catnip thread about ice cream.

How about cereal? Base = Grain of the appropriate tier + sugar, plus one fruit/tier.

Muffins? Base = Flour of the tier + egg, plus one flavoring/tier (berries, cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, apple, peach, etc.).

Salads? Base = Lettuce + fungus cap of the tier, + one vegetable/tier (tomato, peas, peppers, corn, onion, carrot, etc.).

Chips? Base = Diced potatoes + salt, + one flavoring/tier (pepper, vinegar, garlic, onion, honey, tomato, etc.). Maybe add oil to the base for higher tiers since potatoes are not tiered?

Chowder? Base = fish + ?cream (i don't know what goes into chowder, obviously), + one ingredient/tier (potatoes, clams, garlic, pepper, onion, squid, etc.).

Okies, I'd better stop before I get into some of my more fanciful rp made up recipes (BBQ anyone?). I just like the concept of tiered food for ease of finding the recipes at higher tiers.

aww crumblies, i just realized the grains are not really tiered... wheat, rye, barley, and quinoa exist but i don't think require skill to harvest... and they do not continue for all the tiers with oat & bran.
    *sighs* knocks out the muffins & cereal ideas using tiered flours, or substituting the grain for potatoes on the chips.

Thread Information