Thread: Preserve Shield of Gold

Exclamation Preserve Shield of Gold

The day i finished my RoP years ago, I looked to see what i got.

Shield of gold made me drool. I haven't gone long without using it. it is one our most potent abilities within our arsenal.

i rank it up there with Gold Rage, Refreshing Breeze and Determination. It's a must have.

Use it for Soloing named mobs

farming icy dires, beetles, blights etc.

use it on epic bosses

use it fo the ARoP

Everyone needs an "oh crap" button, this is the difference between life and death...or pulls where too many mobs add... we can't fly away. We get hit or stunned or rooted and owned...in that order. Shield of Gold stops that.

The change removes damage mitigation...or severly weakens it. 3 hits is insuffcient it makes shield of gold into a damage shield. We don't need another.

the change neuters it.

makes it only good to pull with, and only against one mob.

Shield of Gold makes a dragon a juggernaut on the battlelfield able to take on hordes if used tactically.

The hoard cost isn't that much.

I'll even give a treatise on how to build hoard if need be, please leave Shield of Gold the way it is.

We already have a damage shield. Please make a new ability if you want something like this to exist?

Please don't merge this thread, as...it may get buried in another thread and people may not know to post on it.

I need your support! Please post to help save our Shield of Gold.
    Last edited by Silverblaze; May 22nd, 2008 at 04:44 AM.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Default Re: Preserve Shield of Gold

Shield of Gold change is imo very badly designed. currently its a powerful defensive ability that we can rely on to see us through a tough fight or extra adds or similar. I use it often and i have no problem paying its hoard cost. I believe in value for cost and when i use gold shield it does what i want of it. The proposed change makes it useless against reg solo mobs as they hit very low on average.

In addition mobs can use skills in varying order. while some tend to lean towards certain sequences its random other times. you cannot guess and that makes the ability possibly a waste on 3 normal swings.

My 3rd point is why a damage shield? we have spiked scales which btw is extremely effecient even with a recycle. We have tons of damage output. what other powerful defensive skills do dragons have? none whatsoever. Based on that conversation last night..adding content should fulfill a need and the proposed change does not do that whatsoever. I am not against tweaking abilities but I think gold shield needs to be left be or if changed made into a unique and useful defensive skill that fills that need it has served us.

Please do not turn a great ability that some use to save themselves or groups into an ability that many will barely use. I know for me most mobs survive my rage if lucky..for those pondering its usefulness..just look at a dragon's skill set. Our only true defensive talent is in need of protection..and the lore aspect of it also is refreshing..being able to stand strong in the face of great odds is what a dragon is about. I sign a petition to leave gold shield as is.

Why was this moved to rants?

Its a logical request. Please put it in suggestions?

I am very displeased to hear that this opinion or request in placed in rants while other strong opinions are not.

I am very passionate about this, but hardly ranting. Please reconsider the place this is kept, it is less likely to be taken seriously here than anywhere...

We have been asked not to post in other thread about gold shield, please respect taht unless the conversation is lost in the Upcomming dragon changes thread.

thank you.

I wish to keep the devs and mods as happy with me as I can.

I am very opinionated and tread thin ice at times, pleae help me keep them happy
    Last edited by Silverblaze; May 22nd, 2008 at 06:04 AM.

I am also completely contrary to this change.

If the developers want us to burn more hoard, add a button called "gold scales" or whatever to let us burn hoard with an empowered and costly damage shield.

More options >> less options, expecialy when the lost options are the only option in emergency.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I really dont see why this thread was moved to rants, It's in no way a rant in my opinion it's someone suggesting something like the many other threads in the suggestions section of this forum..Maybe the dev's see it as diretly questioning thier ideas..But that surely isnt a bad thing? nor does it make it a rant.. I think its a genuine thread made to suggest something, and it reads well. Hope its listened to dispite been in the rants section.

/Blood
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

I dont use often Gold Shield but its like silverblaze said my "Oh Crap too much mobs button", I use it only when I am in trouble.. Please we have already spiked scales we dont need another dmg shield Dont take gold shield away =(

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I dont use often Gold Shield but its like silverblaze said my "Oh Crap too much mobs button", I use it only when I am in trouble.. Please we have already spiked scales we dont need another dmg shield Dont take gold shield away =(
    I compare Gold Shield to a car airbag.

Just because you won't see it in action all the time, does not make it less useful or less loved.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I sign what is said in very every point.

I would be lost without gold shield in many situations (and not while soloing a boss mob or trying a mass-slaughter in ED-this I will never be able to do) and a burden for my group.

Pls leave it the way it is- and listen to the old experienced dragons.

(and I´m a bit irritated here: The request/plea of Silverblaze IS NOT a rant)

I really don't think they should change GS, I hardly ever use it myself

1: costs hoard
    2: It's the "Oh Crap" button
    3: Long recycle time

The rare times I use it (battles against named mobs for AROP, Rift Runs against Elial, and when 5 or so icy dire wolves decide to dance with me.)

Really they should explain "Why" they are going to make this change and "Why" it is better this way. Otherwise I really don't see a reason for the change.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I agree with all that have been said here!

Please dont remove/change Gold Shield the way it is! It saves my life a couple of times, this is our last hope when your in trouble.

Thanks for listening my not so rant opinion!
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Really they should explain "Why" they are going to make this change and "Why" it is better this way. Otherwise I really don't see a reason for the change.
    I don't know whether I agree with this thread's overall request, but I certainly do agree with this one. If you go ahead with this change and don't explain why, people will probably end up even more irritated.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Wouldn't it be better to put the new stuff in *first* instead of *after* you remove all the old stuff...?

Not sure why this is in rants as there has been no content that looks inflammatory.

Gold shield: Like it the way it is currently.

Proposed system: Do not like it.

Even though I haven't been able to play much lately do to many reasons, I agree with you Ignem. As always you have my full support.

PS. I'm also not sure why this is in rants...I've certainly seen much worse threads stay in general before...
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I see no reason or rationale for the proposed change. Shield of gold is a panic button, and it does what we need it to do quite effectively. I very rarely use it, and only then in dire emergencies. I agree with Silverblaze and everyone else who has posted; please leave it alone.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Please do not change Shield of Gold.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

I add my vote to the opinion expressed here:

Firstly - Shield of Gold is fine the way it is
    Secondly - I cannot see why this has been relegated to Rants

Thread Information