Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
The other day i made a new Hatchie to test out the 'hoard problem' since i no longer worry about hoard i thought i mite be missing somthing.

Now to do this test i gave my hatchie the ability to fight but not the ability to craft.
Also i gave him 500k Hoard (so i could use every ability whenever it was up)

He's just passed Lvl 20 and done all the T1 hunting abilities.

Total hoard used 83k (yes i did get some hoard while hunting but didn't add it to the hoard pile)

So for a Hatchie using every ability to hunt upto Lvl 20 uses less than 100k, this seem fair to me.

100k could easily be gotten by crafting or just standing in Brist for a while

I didn't need to use the abilities as often as i did, i just did it to see how much i could burn thru.

I can see why Hatchies dont want to use hoard, as they think they need it for the RoP, but in all honesty if you've got your craft upto lvl 40 (rough figure for optimal RoP) then you have no excuses why you couldn't get the 250k mark by hunting and dropping craftables into the hoard pile.

I'm not a crafter type of person so if sombody wants to make a hatchie and craft upto 40 to see the hoard results, i'm sure many would like to know.

So again for me personally, i cant see a problem with hoard usage at low levels. (just my opinion though dont flame me)
You tainted your test by giving the hatchie 500k hoard and effectively "twinking" it.
It's like giving a capable guy 500k dollars and then talk about how it's easy to make 1M dollars. Have him start from zero instead.

Hatchies are disadvantaged by low hoard values because their lack of scale slots make them way weak against mobs and you just made a test on a level 20 hatchie giving him 41 level hoard...