Thread: Morran Gizmo quest

Default Morran Gizmo quest

Wow....this was a total disappointment. The risk versus reward is like 10,000,000,000 to 1.

It's easier to get an epic item than do this quest and you get about 100s and some exp?

I doubt most players will gain any reward from the exp as you pretty much have to be high level (or 100) to complete it and the 5 vet ghost vapors you have to loot and then lose would net more on the open market than what you make from the quest reward.

I lost 4+ hours of my life to this

Default Re: Morran Gizmo quest

At least it wasn't 5 Blue Vex Fringes. Then you'd be steaming. That seems like a paltry reward for low for 5 of a Satyr island mob comp. And yeah, at that level an XP reward is pointless.

Ah, probably because it wasn't thought of at the time, expect that in the next patch, fringes or kwellen energy nodes.

what quest is this?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

"Morran Gizmogrinder is looking for some help with her latest project. Applicants should be familiar with either the Satyr Isles or the Eastern Deadlands. "

Yeah after killing the final mobs and going back to her I was like, WTF that's it? A slam bam thank you mam and nothing? I wanted to eat that gnome...

Maybe ther will be soon a follow quest or somehting, i thought there was more behind that quest =(

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I found the quest fun, but that could just be because I love doing quests in general despite how "meh" the reward turns out.

Part of me kinda wishes the gizmo she gave us to use really did went boom while out in the field. ^^

[month/date/year hour:min:sec] Gnomish Ectoplasmic Consciousness Keeper hit you with BOOOOOOM!!!! for 235563764783673547 flame damage.
    [month/date/year hour:min:sec] You have been killed, fried, pulverized, demolished, liquidated and outright destoyed.
    Last edited by Xanthia; May 25th, 2008 at 01:19 AM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

There is much more to come that follows the Gizmo quest.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Four hours to complete, and too much effort for the reward?

Good. I was worried it was too easy.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

well, when you can get a full set of SoG epic items in far less than that amount of time, I'd rather return the exp, the coin and get those 5 veteren ghost vapors back.

As for more to the quest....I'm gonna let someone else lead the way on that one because part 1 was more effort than it was worth (IMO). Others may feel otherwise, but that's why this is my rant.

I might sound odd, but isn't doing one of the scarce quests something that breaks the monotony of grinding full sets of SoG epics?

I mean, there's more to the game than powergaming.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

So there is, and yet, I still think that the reward for the effort expended was not worth it.

Kudos to you if you enjoy doing the quest, but at the rate I see players asking to buy veteran ghost vapors on market instead of going off and hunting for their own comps....

I would say I'm probably not in the minority of players that would rather have the 5 vapors in their inventory than in the hands of Morran Gizmogrinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I might sound odd, but isn't doing one of the scarce quests something that breaks the monotony of grinding full sets of SoG epics?

I mean, there's more to the game than powergaming.
    Yup and this one's got lore in it

Yup and this one's got lore in it
    so far i've only completed the first part and i have to say i love it! :-)

thank you devs for the meridian baffles, and especially for not making them attuned!!!

Thread Information