Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. D. Bowman I'd love to be subscribed forever, but...

Default Mr. D. Bowman I'd love to be subscribed forever, but...

... I am a dragon. One of the many who plays a game only because he can play a dragon.

Like many I have a fairly high level character (lev. 100 adv, 93 craft) and soon I'll reach my "end of life point".

After that, I'll be 100/100 and unable to progress any more.
    When the level cap will be raised to 120, I'll still have before me 20 adv and 20 craft levels.

Then nothing more again. After I'll have helped more hatchlings becoming adults. After I'll have made many spells... I'll eventually just run off interest, get bored and leave this game I really, really don't want to leave. Making a non dragon alt (I have 2 already) will not make me stay.

And I'll leave the game (making your revenues a bit lower) missing how I could have improved my dragon instead, spending more and more paid months, like all the others can with their characters.

Any other player will be able to hone and tune their character at will. Some are already 400 total levels worth just in adventure. They'll eventually get to who knows... 600? And with the level cap, more 20 * 6 levels to play!

While I'll stay to level 120 and then... I am over. Even if I really want to continue playing.
    Isn't there any solution excluding multiclassing that could allow me to stay for longer? It's not just me. 90% of my dragon friends and guildies quit because they simply could not do anything more than use Horizons as a glorified chat.

What will they be able to do after they'll read the letter you just sent to all ex-subscribers? Sure, there is a new world, new monsters, new formulas. But is it worth starting playing again when your character will not be able to get any further improvement? Improving our avatar plays an huge role in satisfaction. Take this away and all the nice improvements and additions will just seem pointless.

Can't us i.e. get some special powers after we are ancient so that getting 50M experience I get say the refreshing breeze timer halved? Or the ravage gets one more hit? Or an armor increase? Maybe in multiple stages?
    Well, I am not a game designer, so I cannot suggest anything more that this.

You have my subscription in your hands. With yourchoices you'll decidewether it's worth for me and the other dragons to stay or not for years.

Please help us to stay here and your company income for a longer time.

Best regards,
    Vahrokh
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Marrek

Default Re: Mr. D. Bowman I'd love to be subscribed forever, but...

I agree, there is an "end game" to dragons that none of the Bi-peds have to worry about, I personally think a good fix would be allow Ancients to multi class, if it isnt with a bi-ped class, make dragon class's again and let only Ancients do it. That would give a new game to the end game and give me something to look forward to when i hit 120

That is just my thought though... hope they are thinking about it.

I tottally agree with Vahrokh, having been 100/100 for several months now I simply have exhausted things for me to do, that entertain me. I have a great guild though, and lot's of friends in the game that can still keep my attention.

I have made 2 biped alts, but like Vahrokh those alts just don't work for me, I much prefer my dragon. I much apreciate the quests dragons get's from time to time like breath quests, and the new crafter quests, but those don't last very long unfortunatly.

I see the raised lvl cap of 120/120 as just a patchand not a solution.

Best solution Ican could hope for was that we got the events back again, and in amounts so you could really spend your time with them. That way it wouldn't only be dragons that benefited but everyone.Events likethe freeing of feladan, satyr mines and novo machines, was very good examples of this I think, that required a huge amount of work, and corporation acros the servers.

Of course multiclassing for dragons would be very welcome too, but I would rather have something that benefits everyone.

As it is I know several who are just waiting for lairs and ancients to be released, and that will for sure be a huge atraction to dragon players. But again like the raised lvl cap, it's just a patch and not a solution. Those same players willsooner orlater wish for new horizons to explore, new goals to meet and so on.

Anyway, just my thougths on the subject. *sits down and await this to be moved tothe dragon thread ;)*
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Rhaiannon

Well hmm. How about the following.

Ancient only

Introduction of "ancient classes" that no other race can be. for example, necromancer, warlock, sentinel, etc, just something diferent.

Edit: oh yea, these classes would start at lvl 120 ancient, so a lvl 1 necromancer would be the equivalent of a lvl 121 dragon. and an ancient with 120 necromancer and 1 warlock would be the equivalent of a lvl 241 dragon in requirements for xp. Make it hard but worth it.

Introduction of skill advancements. ie, you continue to level an alternate xp bar, every level you gain another 12 skill points to spend. (level starts at lvl 100 xp and goes up from there, so a lvl 120 ancient with 119 advanced training will have to earn the equivilant of a lvl 239 to 240 exp to gain that last bit)

Introduction of long, drawn out quests (longer than the rop) that allow acess to a portal in an area only flying dragons can get to (city on top of a steep mountain anyone) that leads to areas that only an ancient can survive in that has a high drop rate of hoardables.

Any other ideas?

Ganelon Fireforge

I threw this over into the Suggestions forum as well but I was thinking that when the level cap is raised, Ancient Dragons cap could go to 150 vs. the 120 ... seeing as there are already Rating 160 Bipeds walking around, I would not see this as a huge issue if done correctly.

Also agree world events need to come back, figuring they'll be right around the corner after plots are settled.

The raise to 150 could help, but you still get 150 levels vs 600+ that any biped can get.

I'd love to be able to stay in Hz andresub6 times more than now.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

they have different ranks of ancient status, with different levels of difficulty in attaining them. whether they will stick to the original basis of the importance, or essence of such trials we shall see, for mark my words, the dragons will whine even more than now once ancient status is revealed.

you can quote me on this, Vah.

I will quote... to ask what does all of this mean?

Different ancient status?

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head that I have been stressing for many months as a dragon tester/player of Blight. After reaching 100 crafter a few months ago I came to the conclusion there is little for dragons to do other then make alts in this world once you peak. Dragons are a very special case in this game due to the fact they have limited their pathing to such a degree that you run up against this wall of nowhere to go.

All other races in game have the ability to multi-class to a dozen or more diffrent classes in BOTH adventure and crafting, and because of this one aspect the game has survived brilliantly to date. Dragon playerson the other hand are unique and have no where to goand play a multi-ton dragonso they tend to stick it out, though grumpy at times hoping for a carrot like the new age status, lairs and a raised level cap.

The problem that is still present is that once a dragon hits the cap, makes a lair and becomes an older dragon the game from a game mechanics point of view stops. You are left with a few choices that anyone who has hit the max can tell you about. Honestly I am not sure what to say on how to fix it, I would have loved to see dragons have dragon classes of their own like in beta, but more draconic then carbon copies of biped classes such as crafting schools being broken up at the start along with the adventure ones, making a few more like perhaps a crystal forger for crafting and a few more melee/caster classes.

In closing just want to point out what was pointed out above, raising the cap to 120 will onlydelay the climax a little bit, even raising the cap to 150 wont stop this, adding a few unique well thought out dragon classes would have help though in my opinion.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Solarayne Starfyre

Ya, I have to agree with this as well [:$].
    (None of this is, or is intended to be a rant in any way...)

Like at least someothers, my main reason for playing this game is because of being able to play as Dragon. at 93/97 , I've already been thinking ahead about the same situation ultimatley coming soon. As it is now, allthough I mianly like to craft, I like and sometimes "need" to do hunting, too. At the moment though I'm almost afraid to, just due to the fact that it'll make me get to 100 just that much sooner, just like crafting is all but there already. Already, "Then What???" is getting to be a nagging question...

The little thing that makes it ok is that the cap is supposed to be going up to 120 at some point. But, with just 20 levels, it won't be long before the same point will come again. Sure, Lairs and the AROP will be very nice and help a bit too with this, but even those, once done, are...well just...done.Then what???

Like others, I made and have a Bi-ped Alt which I play from time to time, and that helps, but it's not a "solution". The thing for me is playing my Dragon, and will/would always be. But there has to be something meaningful and signifigantto do, too. Things to do, acomplish, etc.. Events are nice, but except for the last one, Dragons haven't had anything much they do with them for any of the parts requiring building/construstion during them, besides being " flying pack mules", maybe. And as it is, they're not an "every day" thing, so in between them, it'll be "then what???" time again.

I like the idea about allowing multi-classing, even more perhaps with it tied into being ableto do it,only after doing the AROP. I nknow it'd take probly quite a bit of time/work to do, but there IS time between now and the rasiing of the level cap, and even after...for 20 levels, anyways. Other things like quests, special things maybe designed to give Exp. towards gaining new abilities might help too. I'm sure there's even more I can't think of, too.

I really hope this will get looked into, and even more hope something can/will be done about it. I really like this game, and really like my dragon. [:)]But, once it's levels, even the next raised ones, are done, then what??? The Bi-ped alt is NOT the answer, at least not for me.If I wanted to do that,I could be playing one of them, in ANY and EVERY OTHER game. I'd much reahter be playing my dragon, HERE...

I agree. I think the only solution would be multiple dragon classes.
    Higher level cap will only delay this.

Now that I'm 95/94, I sometimes wish I made a bipedjust because of multiclassing.

different statuses, dependant on your achievements...solo only quests. i suppose you must finish one to gofor the next level status.

May I suggest this be more a "petition" to AE to think of lengthening the playablity of 100/100 then 120/120 dragons? Don't forget, can't make such suggestions for Ancient only - remember casual game players?

Granted, AE's Hatchling period (levels 1 to 40 cooresponds to about 60 years), change to Adult form (60 to likely 150 or more years), then change to Ancient form (150+ to 900+ years). So there is cause for Ancient only abilities, but some should be filtered down to Adults.

Another topic (if one is not there) in Dragons should be started for constructive ideas for lengthening playability of Adult and Ancient Dragons . . . with a proper subject. I am sure Dangit is continuing his habit of alerting such "subforum" topics to AE.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I know Im no where near 100/100 *Im 57/30 which isnt much* but I too am getting kinda bored. as people have stated raising the cap to 120 will help but when we get 120..what then?*For one AE could make dif type of scales. Heavy , Medium , Light for dif classes.

Ravager *Close to biped zerker*
    Gain 9AU per lvl and wear medium scales.Keep the Silver Strike and Gold rage abilities.

Mage *biped mage*
    Gain 10aU per lvl wear light scales.Do not get Silver strike & gold rage but get usefull abilities like perfect spell and multicast

Along those lines..just me trying to help and give AE ideas!

Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

If you are bored in the 50's how will grinding 70 more levels help that?

The game does not need a higher level cap, it needs content. More mobs, different mobs, quest, a danger, maybe even some WA activity????

Anywho ENJOY!!
    Bite the Kitty!!

Ebel

i compleatly agree cause i have hit expert and it i will be done soon, and then what.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    If you are bored in the 50's how will grinding 70 more levels help that?

The game does not need a higher level cap, it needs content. More mobs, different mobs, quest, a danger, maybe even some WA activity????

Anywho ENJOY!!
    Didnt say grinding 70 more lvls would help.And the things you listed would help the game very much.
    Leave a penney take a penney..need more than a penney? Get a job :|

I agree, dragon characters are basically playing a whole different game, I don't really need to go into details I think.. I think we all know about this and there's so many to list.

I don't understand why they took away the dragon multi-classes in beta, it just doesn't make sense! they could be druids, healers ect. I once read back when David Allen still was CEO that they wanted dragons to be a challenge, but I think others took that idea too far. I have someone here on a lan that plays with me, and they log in, .. after working VERY long hours with not much time to play ( 2-8 hours a week) and get so frusterated because of several things, mostly bugs and thing s where its like "oh, I'm a dragon, I can't do that!" and also gets his butt kicked in a fight EVERY time unless he empties his hoard...

Making a multiclass will also help to bring out more roles... in a role playing game, imagine that! *grins*

I say YAY to bring back the dragon multi-classes :)

The Undead need to attack on their own. Randomly, and have the ability to take over towns. The artifact i believe its called in the middle of each town, needs to be the target of the undead. Have then attack the town and if they destroy that artifact, the town belongs to them. Until its rebuild.

They are working on those attacks, but it'll take a lot.

Thread Information