Thread: harvesting system suggestion

Arrow harvesting system suggestion

I would suggest that new harvesting system would be speed based instead amount of resources. And what do I mean speed based?

The amount of time it takes to completely harvest a node based on a harvesting skill.

for example:

a new player began with a skill in mining of 20 ( current not base ) and it would take 4 mins to finish mining a T1 resource node.

Now as he gains levels and increases his skill it would take less and less time to finish off a T1 resource node.

Once he becomes optimal ( 200 skill ) the time needed to finish off the node would be reduced to 1 minute.

now a suggestion on amount per nodes when completely harvested:

amount per Normal node would be 125 - 150
    amount per Rich node would be 250 - 300 -- ( 15% additional time needed to finish harvesting )
    amount per Mother lode node would be 500 - 750 -- (30% additional time needed to finish harvesting )

not like this is going to happen, but im just working out my thoughts on how we can improve Istaria.

Feel free to criticize the idea.
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: harvesting system suggestion

It's an interesting idea. I'm not a fan of getting 150 of a resource in 20 mintues though... I think that's a bit slower than it really is. Unless you timed it?
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    I would suggest that new harvesting system would be speed based instead amount of resources. And what do I mean speed based?

The amount of time it takes to completely harvest a node based on a harvesting skill.

for example:

a new player began with a skill in mining of 20 ( current not base ) and it would take 4 mins to finish mining a T1 resource node.

Now as he gains levels and increases his skill it would take less and less time to finish off a T1 resource node.

Once he becomes optimal ( 200 skill ) the time needed to finish off the node would be reduced to 1 minute.

now a suggestion on amount per nodes when completely harvested:

amount per Normal node would be 125 - 150
    amount per Rich node would be 250 - 300 -- ( 15% additional time needed to finish harvesting )
    amount per Mother lode node would be 500 - 750 -- (30% additional time needed to finish harvesting )

not like this is going to happen, but im just working out my thoughts on how we can improve Istaria.

Feel free to criticize the idea.
    Interesting suggestion. I'd be more inclined to want both the speed increase AND the resource increase per gather.

And speed up the respawn of the resources too. Gathering shouldn't be a grind. This is a game, afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    And speed up the respawn of the resources too. Gathering shouldn't be a grind. This is a game, afterall
    In my experience, the new nodes appear almost immediately after one disappears. It just doesn't spawn right under your nose. Don't be lazy.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    In my experience, the new nodes appear almost immediately after one disappears. It just doesn't spawn right under your nose. Don't be lazy.
    That's pretty presumptuous. I'm building three lairs, saving 10 seconds while I wait for a new node every other disk means a lot to me in the long run.

What do you expect? The resource fields are usually pretty large; set down your disk and go exploring.

I'm working on my lair as well. Trust me, I know what it's like to have to go searching for resources. But it's not impossible.
    <----clicky!

What do you expect? The resource fields are usually pretty large; set down your disk and go exploring.

I'm working on my lair as well. Trust me, I know what it's like to have to go searching for resources. But it's not impossible.
    Didn't say it was, bud

Just saying it would be faster this way. More convenient... y'know, less like work? Game.. work... Not compatible, hehe.

They could just not change it and add a way to /select resources. *cough, cough*

Whoops, I think we're getting off topic.
    <----clicky!

They could just not change it and add a way to /select resources. *cough, cough*
    ... and 5 seconds later, the game is overrun with gather bots.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

It's an interesting idea. I'm not a fan of getting 150 of a resource in 20 mintues though... I think that's a bit slower than it really is. Unless you timed it?
    not 20 mins.

heres another rough example on a T1 resource harvesting time:

Regular resource node:

Skill ( 20 ) = 4 mins
    Skill ( 66 ) = 3 mins
    Skill ( 133 )= 2 mins
    Skill ( 200 ) = 1 min

Rich resource node:

Skill ( 20 ) = 4.6 mins
    Skill ( 66 ) = 3.4 mins
    Skill ( 133 )= 2.3 mins
    Skill ( 200 ) = 1.3 mins

Mother lode resource node:

Skill ( 20 ) = 5.2 mins
    Skill ( 66 ) = 3.9 mins
    Skill ( 133 ) = 2.6 mins
    Skill ( 200 ) = 1.6 mins
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Hm, the amount of resource you get on a node is already skill based. So how higher the skill the more you get a swoop and per node -> this automatically speeds up the harvesting.
    Because you get more form a node you won't have to run around so much at higher level so there's a time saver too.

I think it is ok how it is.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Agreed with Sigi in a way, I find now that I can easily gather a full disk + inv (for me about 1600 slabs/ore etc) in... oh 15 mins or so. Without buffs or gathering scales. If anything I'd like that a node lasts longer, rather than less (mainly coz I'm too lazy to move to the next node ) and keep it so that at e.g. skill level 10 you gather 1 of the resource, and at skill level 200 you gather 12 of the resource. It already is faster; if one node lasts 10 hits then at skill level 10 you would gather 10 resource in, say, 1 minute, and at skill level 200 you would gather 120 of it. In the same time.

As I say for me the speed really isn't an issue as much as how fast some nodes seem to run out, but I'm happy with that; nice as it is to just stand there at a motherlode (and how we all love them *worships*) it would take away half the interactivity of crafting.

At the moment isn't it a random number of 'hits' or something for each node? I think I remember reading something about how each node has 'hitpoints' which are random in a certain range and each time you gather, you knock off some hp until it disappears. I can't remember though if I read a reply to that saying it was complete rubbish and doesn't work anything like that so feel free to ignore me
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    At the moment isn't it a random number of 'hits' or something for each node? I think I remember reading something about how each node has 'hitpoints' which are random in a certain range and each time you gather, you knock off some hp until it disappears.
    That's my understanding of how it works, so maybe we're both wrong together. XD

Maybe it's just that I don't want things to change... but I kinda like the way things are now and don't think they need to be tweaked. I still think this is a good idea, though... Just not sure if we need it.

I'm not really sure if the change would make gathering faster or slower... sure moving around would change, but it really just depends on how well the time to gather a full node relates to how things are now more than anything.
    <----clicky!

That's my understanding of how it works, so maybe we're both wrong together. XD

Maybe it's just that I don't want things to change... but I kinda like the way things are now and don't think they need to be tweaked. I still think this is a good idea, though... Just not sure if we need it.

I'm not really sure if the change would make gathering faster or slower... sure moving around would change, but it really just depends on how well the time to gather a full node relates to how things are now more than anything.
    It's not random on the hits.. the hits may be adjusted based on level or skill though. But when I have 3 dragons (at very close levels of skill for gathering from this particular type of node) all hitting fresh nodes at the same time. I can guarantee every time they'll all deplete in the order they were started in the same time increment they were started in and, with very small variations, gather about the same amount (on average) in the same amount of time.

Hmm. I always thought it was a bit random, since sometimes nodes don't last as long as they usually do. Perhaps that's just because someone else has been there and mined from it already? *shrug*
    <----clicky!

Hmm. I always thought it was a bit random, since sometimes nodes don't last as long as they usually do. Perhaps that's just because someone else has been there and mined from it already? *shrug*
    I do that.. quite a bit. I'll go back an an area I left when I was full before and it throws everything out of whack, haha.

But.. it's because someone else has been chipping away at that node.

Thread Information