Thread: Special claws /Dragon buffs for converting damage

Default Special claws /Dragon buffs for converting damage

Been doing some thinking , Peds can do this with great ease so I was wondering if this was possible
    Claws that are attuned Mob drop only and are called .
    Blaze striking claw

Thunder striking claw

Ice striking claw

Or a Form
    Form should require Dragon scale craft per form tear Starting at Journeyman everything a normal claw needs + Depending on wich you are making Ice Energy or Flame bone splinters 4 of each

This would convert your normal slash damage to fire, ice ,or energy the only tech that can be applied to these claws (If the form option was a go ) Flame, energy, or ice damage and weapon sockets
    If that’s so Much programming, which it most likely is; how bout Draconic versions of the spells with animations of us using the faction weapons on the claws to charge them up.

Blazing strike

Shocking strike

Frigid strike

The animation idea was spawned from a video I seen posted on the forms (the moma dragon was teaching the baby dragon how to hunt knights)

Ya I know the names need work . if ya want please help me out with them .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Special claws /Dragon buffs for converting damage

They only kind of damage conversionI would liek to see is a Primal conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    They only kind of damage conversionI would liek to see is a Primal conversion.
    There is a claw for that and just a question, What would be the point in bringing a spellcaster to a group if you can auto make a melee dragon's damage primal?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    There is a claw for that and just a question, What would be the point in bringing a spellcaster to a group if you can auto make a melee dragon's damage primal?
    Well, I think that, even though the damage is converted to primal, it is still based on the T&C skill. Also, I saw already a primal-converting blighted claw

Yes I know there are such blighted claws. My comment was more I did not want a lesser type of damage conversion like requested by the OP. But it would also be nice to be able to change our damage type like most Bipeds can fairly easily.

There is a claw for that
    So, basically, it's a lootable blighted claw that isn't even likely to come up that often, but it still exists, so things are fine.

I like the idea of being able to buff our own claws with damages. I know 'peds can do that, but when I'm going after, say, flame or ice enemies, it's nice to not have to track a 'ped down, only to find out they don't have the spell to tech my claw in the first place! Plus, it only lasts 15 minutes, and no one wants to be bugged every 15 minutes to tech someone's weapon.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    So, basically, it's a lootable blighted claw that isn't even likely to come up that often, but it still exists, so things are fine.

I like the idea of being able to buff our own claws with damages. I know 'peds can do that, but when I'm going after, say, flame or ice enemies, it's nice to not have to track a 'ped down, only to find out they don't have the spell to tech my claw in the first place! Plus, it only lasts 15 minutes, and no one wants to be bugged every 15 minutes to tech someone's weapon.
    Exactly

If we can make claws that are teched like this
    Or have a area bomb spell attached to our claws For instance

Blazing claw
    you hit what not with wild fire for X amount of damage

OR
    Be able to target our claws with our breath weapons Like this Link hear where the hachie was learning how to heat up his talons
    it was Just a Idea
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post

Exactly

If we can make claws that are teched like this
    Or have a area bomb spell attached to our claws Blazing

claw you hit what not with wild fire for X amount of damage

OR
    Be able to target our claws with our breath weapons Like this Link hear where the hachie was learning how to heat up his talons
    it was Just a Idea

<objective>
    Why would dragons want to imbue their own claws with fire/ice/energy damage when, as a race, they choose not to separate the elemental schools from Primal in their spellcasting? Especially when they could imbue their claws with Primal...?

A Primal Attack spell would be reasonable and consistent with existing Lore. There aren't too many Primal-resistant mobs out there, and since Dragons already have the ability to debuff Primal resistance; this could be easily implemented, and they would be good to go.
    </objective>

<subjective>
    Personally speaking, I think giving Dragons access to cast suped-up versions of Flame/Ice/Energy Attack or other elemental-specific weapon buff spells as some have suggested would take too much away from the identity of bipeds... I'm all for Dragon Luvvins (tm), but the boundaries between bipeds and dragonkind need to be maintained and respected.
    </subjective>
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

we already have blighted claws for that....*nudge* make a form for it!*nudge*

and yes the lines between biped and dragon need to be blurred as little as possible imo.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Well it looked at one time that dragons were intended to be able to make crystals, judging by the disembodied crystalshaping craft skill that is out there now just so dragons can complete their lairs. Mabe if that is ever made a complete crafting class, there could be crystals designed to convert damage? Just an idea.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Thread Information