Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now this is ... old... but awsome. so why is it gone.

Thumbs up Now this is ... old... but awsome. so why is it gone.

Well last night i was testing my brain cells trying to remember a username and password of a trail account i opened looong long ago and locked the name i wanted for my dragon.

the 1st thing i noticed as we.. i was bount to a place i have never heard of, or well forgot. and its not on the map. it did place me on new k but as i moved my little white dot on the map was non exsistant. as i walked up i came across 1 aswsome building and a huge cave.

well i took pics. This char was created on 2004 when i first tried the game yeah i know its photobucket but well im lazy to open somthing else up, anyhow here is the link to my folder with all the pics i took. enjoy.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...on/old%20pics/
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

Default Re: Now this is ... old... but awsome. so why is it gone.

Oh yes the old training isle, it was so beautiful. I still miss it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

This is a very nice looking place. Would be great if it was available again. Maybe use it for some other purpose ?

Why did they change it in the first place anyhow.. I thought it was a lovly place.. That was where I did my first Biped Moreen from on my old account. Its too bad that we can't go back on there.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

Thanks for the screenshots. I agree that it should be reutilised.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

The structures aren't complete structures so its actually hard to reuse them. The island itself was not good for a well rounded tutorial like Spirit Isle. Oh and there are 10 or 11 islands all right next to each other, I forget.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The structures aren't complete structures so its actually hard to reuse them. The island itself was not good for a well rounded tutorial like Spirit Isle. Oh and there are 10 or 11 islands all right next to each other, I forget.
    Is NT one of those ?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

pretty awesome pix tho - if that code is still around somewhere, maybe we will see some form of these areas back in game some day.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Maybe open the gates that we can attune there and get there again? Just for the memories?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It looks real nice, a pitty that those places ain't used anymore. And I'd like the armor Hegran carries
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Heh, I've only heard of the island, never actually seen any of it. Thanks for the pics!

So does that mean that one could, perhaps, reach these by flying off the map of NT? XD Or does Trismus have as solid of a border as the rest of Istaria?
    <----clicky!

No, I don't think you could reach them by flying. The original tutorial islands aren't the newbie islands (NT, NV, NB, NK).

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Istaria has many nice unused assets. These are beautiful examples. That's really a pity to not see them elsewhere.
    You should really use some of those lost treasures, if possible, when you will revamp areas.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

If memory also serves me, this is the only place to get the "Boom!" spell and the training resources to make it.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Well, see the catch is that they can't be easily reused. You see, that wonderful building doesn't have an exterior. In fact, if you see it from the outside it is transparent. All of the structures on that island are like that.

The armor and clothing that you see NPCs on the island wearing aren't armor and clothing at all. Those NPCs are entirely a single texture (including their face). So it can't be reused.

Those NPCs are entirely a single texture (including their face). So it can't be reused.
    Cut the armor out of them then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post

Cut the armor out of them then?
    exactly what I was going to say

Thats know a Ritual Circle, the name of the initial bind location for new toons back then. There was 6 or 8 of those islands, in a seperated off area of the map, arranged in 2 rows of 3 or 4 islands.

Like amon said, when viewed from the outside the buildings were see-thru.

The nice thing is there in the Dragon cave is where all the dragon tapestries are visible. Not sure they have ever been used anywhere else except the one mural we can put in lairs.

Just make it possible to teleport to the island?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Dragon Taps

BTW I have some BOOM spells if people need some.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information