Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Things I wish were in Horizons.

gopher65

Default Re: Things I wish were in Horizons.

I love the idea of useable items like that Silvan:). Res scrolls, attunement crystals that you can lock to anywhere and recall to that spot using the crystal. That sort of thing. Single use spells... I would LOVE single use spells. Or even spells that have maybe 20 uses before they run out. I miss spells like that:(.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    attunement crystals that you can lock to anywhere and recall to that spot using the crystal. .

OMG that would be sooo awesome if they had those.

:o Well at your level maybe... But im 27 and I still have tier one HoT's, and although Quickening breeze is good and Refreshing breeze is awesome, they sometimes arent enough...

But it is too bad you cant run a HoT and gulp a potion at the same time... I see stacked armor buffs... Why not...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin
    [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] Well at your level maybe... But im 27 and I still have tier one HoT's, and although Quickening breeze is good and Refreshing breeze is awesome, they sometimes arent enough...
    Hehe. I'll give you a heads up. This isn't EVER going to change. Even the T5 dragon HOT spells are pathetic and virtually useless in combat. You take more damage during the casting than the HOT heals once its up. This utter lack of reliable healing that isn't on a 5-minute timer is one of a dragon's major weaknesses compared to a biped.

But my point was that dragons have no use for the HOT potions, because once you can cast any 2 of the dragon HOT spells (which you can do at your level), you can always have one ready to go because they have 1 minute recycles and 30 second durations. Simply hotkey the 2 best ones you have and forget the rest.

NOTE: I am referring to the dragon HOT spells (quickening breeze, rejuvenating breeze, breeze). The dragon ability Refreshing breeze is the only halfway decent method of self healing that a dragon has. However, because it is on a 5-minute timer, it is not useful for every combat unless you want to take a 5-minute break between kills.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I fully agree with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    dragon HOT spells are pathetic and virtually useless in combat. You take more damage during the casting than the HOT heals once its up.
    Which makes me ask "How long does the HoT potion last?". I assume its faster to consume a potion than casting a breeze spell. I have never used one of those potions so am just speculateing.SinceI also never cast a breeze spell in combat for the reasons that you gave;I could see my dragon useing it rather than casting a breeze due to the time saved in combat.You say it's detremental tocast breezein combat then why say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    that dragons have no use for the HOT potions, because once you can cast any 2 of the dragon HOT spells (which you can do at your level), you can always have one ready to go because they have 1 minute recycles and 30 second durations. Simply hotkey the 2 best ones you have and forget the rest.
    Do you take more damage in the time it takes to consume a potion than it heals? Seriously wondering, I have no idea.

gopher65

Soothing potion is similar to Regrowth. Small heal every 20sec (?) for 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

Werkseikojin

:o Here's somethign else I thought of that isnt in the game, and I don't think I touched on it too well either...

Group crafting... There is none... There needs to be some...

Crafters in a group should be able to build things better and more efficiently (sp)...

Also they should get group bonus exp for doing things right/succeding...

I do think I bourght up efficiency bonuses for being a group of crafters... and bonuses to skill... But i think there needs to be something before then to help make crafting as a group worthwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Jah
    I fully agree with:
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote:dragon HOT spells are pathetic and virtually useless in combat. You take more damage during the casting than the HOT heals once its up.

Which makes me ask "How long does the HoT potion last?". I assume its faster to consume a potion than casting a breeze spell. I have never used one of those potions so am just speculateing.SinceI also never cast a breeze spell in combat for the reasons that you gave;I could see my dragon useing it rather than casting a breeze due to the time saved in combat.You say it's detremental tocast breezein combat then why say:
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote:that dragons have no use for the HOT potions, because once you can cast any 2 of the dragon HOT spells (which you can do at your level), you can always have one ready to go because they have 1 minute recycles and 30 second durations. Simply hotkey the 2 best ones you have and forget the rest.

Do you take more damage in the time it takes to consume a potion than it heals? Seriously wondering, I have no idea.
    The dragon HOT spells are almost completely useless in combat. HOWEVER, they are useful for reducing downtime after combat. The healing potions have a 10 minute duration I think, but heal much less, making them less suited for recovering after combat and useless for combat.

Even worse, our 5-minute healing ability refreshing breeze DOES NOT STACK with potions. I haven't double checked on this, but if refreshing breeze works with potions the same way it does with our breeze line spells, then you can't even use the refreshing breeze ability if a potion is up, which can easily be fatal to a dragon in combat. Essentially a dragon choosing to use Vestias healing potions has to decide whether it wants to forgo all of its own healing spells and abilities except the 5-minute timer instant heal just to use the potion.

(AE said in their patchnotes that they fixed it so weaker breezes don't overwrite refreshing breeze. However,the patchnotes are wrong. This was not fixed)

A helpful biped cast a HOT on me today I think it was Tier IV regrowth or field of growth or something like that (the biped was below level 80). I was so jealous. The HOT had twice the duration of the level 97 dragon quickening breeze spell and healed twice as much per tick. (so one casting would heal 4x as much as the dragon spell - not even counting the fact that the amount of healing done by dragon HOTS doesn't appear to be boosted by primal skill at all).

:o Yeah hopefully sometime things will be properly ballenced, for all classes and races...

Something I find odd... If you are say level 50; you cannot fight a level 50 with just your abilities and unteched armor for your level. You need to be buffed and have teched armor... I think it needs to be normal armor for your level, plus your abilities = solo your level without dying... Then you could use teched armor and buffs to fight groups of your level to some degree...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

gopher65

The single thing that bothers me about my dragon is the complete lack of any sort of significant heal. Even a res spell would passify me. But nope. All dragons get is instant heal and pitifully small HoTs. This would make sense to me if dragons have extremely tough armor (and no evasion. I'll say it again and again. How can something as big as a bus evade an arrow?), but not with the current configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    The single thing that bothers me about my dragon is the complete lack of any sort of significant heal. Even a res spell would passify me. But nope. All dragons get is instant heal and pitifully small HoTs. This would make sense to me if dragons have extremely tough armor (and no evasion. I'll say it again and again. How can something as big as a bus evade an arrow?), but not with the current configuration.
    Well, its virtually as if dragons have no evasion. Our evasion is so low that unless I fight monsters 30 or more levels below me, I never evade. Even then I won't evade much.

I know this is really off subject, but i think the WA should attack more places, like dalimmond, kion, Sslanis, Augundell and other places. I'veheard they probably attack the "fronteir" and other high level places. I haven't been to these places and anyway if they do attack, lvl 100+ players polish them off like cake. I'm a lvl 21 dragon and i haven't seen any WA attacks yet. What is the point of having a war against dead people if they only attack a few places? I want to see an undead dragon fly into Tazoon and blow somebody up with "blighted breath" j/k.
    The point is WA forces need to attack everywhere. Most of the time i can't find them unless i hunt them down. Also there should be "grave skeletons" or some kind of dead thing that comes out of the ground and uses a"youcan't move till the time is up" attack like it's grabbig your legs from underground.....
    WA should bescary because they're dead. This is what i thinkshould be done about the WA. [W]R.I.P[W]
    Stone-Claw Draconis

Consensual PvP (screw the weakling anti's)
    Ultra rarelegendary loot (screw the lootphobics)
    Tents (screw the anticampers)
    True Prestige Schools for post 120 (screw the casual whiners)
    Mob AI (screw the whack-a-mole's)
    WA invading towns (screw the noobs)
    Difficult Dungeons with T6 resources (screw the crafters)*

what HZ need is a big SCREW.

*Adventurers and Dragons are omitted from getting the screw, since they have been in the past 12 months. They have lobbied and will soon receive the Fine Mithril Butt-Plug of Penetration Resistance.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

I always enjoy reading your posts Phillip, keep it up = )

Some good ideas, i dont TOTALLY agree with all of them but for the most part i do.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

:o mind you, everything here is fine and dandy, but remember AE has a small dev team (I hear there is only one programmer, poor guy/girl)... If thats true, any ideas they take will be in development for a LONG time... I hope they get a boon so they can get a big team up...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

:o
    Sorry for the double post ( a bump per se... Editing posts should work better)

I found out that you cant make crystals from gems... You should be able to as a jeweler make crystal using techs to make socketable crystals for other craftable items...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

I so enjoy Philip's posts too and they are mostly on target.

I found out that you cant make crystals from gems... You should be able to as a jeweler make crystal using techs to make socketable crystals for other craftable items...
    And for dragons too, scalepacks are our current use of making 2 bulk gems with our Gemworking ability. Crystals for lairs, likely, but should be able to makearmor crystals for our scale jewelry.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

:o
    Or gem based scales, eh? They could have inherent magical properties... wait like all dragons scales (dex scales, and the like)...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

Or gem based scales, eh?
    Along that same line, how about the ability to craft crystals? It'd be really nice to make some use of these gem-crafting abilities, especially since we can't even hoard the damned things anymore....
    [li]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

:o Heres a whopper... All these ideas and whatnot... Put them in feedback support tickets... and then go into irc and talk to the devs about them directly... at least then any and all ideas are being heard by those you want ot hear it...

Also, I like the idea for content contest... I just think it should be in game, heheheh
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

Thread Information