Thread: Right-Click Corpse to Loot

Default Right-Click Corpse to Loot

Something that would go a long way in Istaria, is to make it so that Right-Clicking a corpse automatically brings up the Loot Window.

Right now, if you right-click the corpse, you get a menu, if I recall, it says "Loot Corpse" or "Gather Resources".

It would be much help if Right-Clicking Automatically opened the loot window, and targeted the dead mob at the same time. IF I wanted to Gather Resources, I'd then simply escape out of the loot window and then hit the Backspace key to start gathering.

Right-Click to Instantly open Loot Window would help a ton in situations in which you are fighting lots of mobs, or need to loot and get out of there in a hurry.

Please consider adding this.

Default Re: Right-Click Corpse to Loot

I believe double clicking (left button) a corpse will loot it.

yes, double clicking (left button) a corpse will open the loot window for you so you don't always have to choose from a drop down list

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    yes, double clicking (left button) a corpse will open the loot window for you so you don't always have to choose from a drop down list
    That might be why; my mouse is awful touchy about double-clicking things for some odd reason.

Hotkeys FTW

Make 2 hotkeys:

one uses 2 text commands /snc followed by /loot
    The other hot key has just has /loot (for looting your targeted corpse)

If you have replaced the setscale command back into your game add:

/setscale .1

to the last line to shrink the already looted corpse to tiny.

*personal opinion note and not that of other players is the excessive desire to make all games like WoW. I have seen too many posts (me included *smacks hand*) make suggestions the too closely emulate WoW. I recently saw some threads that scream "Make this like WoW"... well folks, guess what? This isn't WoW!*

/soapbox off
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I never said I wanted to emulate WoW or any other game, but one has to admit that there are other MMORPGs with very nice ideas as to game controls and UI tweaks that could be useful to us. There is nothing wrong with borrowing ideas from other people, if they would enhance our game and our ability to enjoy it.

I'm not asking for instanced dungeons, talent trees, armor repairs, training that you have to buy, or any of that jazz. I was only asking for a simple UI change that might make it a little easier. I didn't know that double-clicking was an option.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

double left clicking also works for harvesting nodes and attacking critters....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Ooh, here's an idea. Since those two you just mentioned (and many other double-click tricks) can be done using the 'action' window (Recall, Sit, Greet, Harvest, Attack, Trade... you know, that one. Whatever it's called), why not add 'loot' to that list?
    <----clicky!

Bah! it just breeds more ninja looters
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I don't think it'd be much of an issue as long as you're alone. And if you're in a group, well... usually you have something set up for looting anyhow.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Bah! it just breeds more ninja looters
    How would you "ninja loot" someone's monster corpse if you can't loot it to begin with? That's only available in group.

I don't think changing the loot options is a bad idea. And making this like (in some ways) a game that has been lauded by everyone has the most successful and best MMORPG in the history of the internet.. well.. there might be some humility involved, but short of putting world pvp in, I'd love to see some of it emuated with Istaria-style.

Thread Information