Thread: Spell Forms attuned??

Default Spell Forms attuned??

I dont exactly know the purpose of attuning Shining Blades and the Dark Cyclone forms but i do believe it to be rather redundant as the Spells cant be made anyway without the special items acquired by the quest. An your forcing people who want the spell to take up spell crafting when they may not want to..... Would ya mind putting them back or an nice explanation that would make it seem logical would be nice??

( Not tryin to sound mean or anything bad just practicin new ways of talkin)
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Default Re: Spell Forms attuned??

i dont see the reason behind the attuned epic spell forms

you get the form, give it to another one (most times a spellcrafter) and then you give him the comps to get the spell

the spell is not bound ^^

maybe because being epic, even the forms are so difficult to come by you cannot pass on the spellbook but have to learn directly from the master? for dark cyclone spell, the spellcrafter with enough skill to scribe it just has to take the correct number of nature tokens to the nature tower. instead of passing them the spell formula, pass them the tokens and guide them to the tower if needed. hatchlings routinely get there, i got there at level 5 scout, so i'm confident anyone can.

i guess i'm not sure why it matters so much that the formula is attuned, but then i'm not sure why it is attuned in the first place either. just my 2 cp.

Keep in mind that the crafted spell is not attuned, and plenty of spellcrafters already know how to make those spells. So leveling spellcrafter is not really needed. I've made multiple copies of both of those in the past.

That being the case, not sure why the forms are attuned.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    maybe because being epic, even the forms are so difficult to come by you cannot pass on the spellbook but have to learn directly from the master? for dark cyclone spell, the spellcrafter with enough skill to scribe it just has to take the correct number of nature tokens to the nature tower. instead of passing them the spell formula, pass them the tokens and guide them to the tower if needed. hatchlings routinely get there, i got there at level 5 scout, so i'm confident anyone can.

i guess i'm not sure why it matters so much that the formula is attuned, but then i'm not sure why it is attuned in the first place either. just my 2 cp.
    Not to pick on awdz, because we love her. But, is FAR past time I protested about this again, and on this specific point. EVERY time someone mentions the new attunement of the Dark Cyclone/Shimmering Blades forms, saying that it requires leveling a school for JUST that spell, they ALWAYS jump on how easy Dark Cyclone is to get, even attuned. Correct, Dark Cyclone IS rather easy to get. Is Shimmering Blades that is impossible to get without either leveling a school JUST for it, or asking an alt to level it to give it to the primary spellcrafter.

In my case, as a Dragon Crafter, we can't even level the school to get the quest to get the form. I am trying to gather all the dragon craftable forms that are still in game, both for my collection, and to be able to craft them for others. Thus my extreme anoyance that, before I could get an alt high enough level to get the quest (am pretty sure once someone does the quest, they can not do it again, all my friends having done it, no help there), even if I get the form on an alt, he can't give it to my dragon to be able to craft. Likewise, even if I PL high enough to get the form, I have to PL spellcrafter high enough to scribe and make spells. Not what I want to do on either point.

Now, if this has been fixed, explained, etc, please point me the correct direction, but I saw, and still see absolutely no reason to attune these spells other than to cause more needless busywork. And that is never a good thing in the end.

Just my 30cps worth, and again, my apologies to awdz for shamelessly using her words.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information