Default Re: Istaria Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

Is that what you seek Sigi?
    Yes!
    Great, thank you!
    I can be so dumb sometimes

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Are you sure your computer hasn't been compromised? I've been working page after page of the wiki all day for the last few days and never got a popup, nor any lockups.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    i should have thought of this sooner - i notice that the quests page is rather sparse, especially at the higher end....
    i am running mw thru the draggy quests, both advent and craft.....
    should i start posting the quest steps here? i am hopeless at the wiki thing, but if someone else wants to format it, i would be happy to help with the quest descripts if wanted/needed........
    currently i am finished with the level 70 and under advent quests and will be starting on the same level craft quests (have the dimens pocket quest done already).......

anything you need by way of screenies or such, let me know!! mw is at a level now where he can survive most encounters at least long enough for a screenie or two......
    If you post anything about quests you'd like added, I can add them for you. I'm still fairly low level so it'd take me awhile before I could start adding the high level quests myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveller View Post
    i just had a really bad lockup once i hit the Wiki, one of those "we must scan your computer because you have a viurs" pop ups. as soon as i got to the page it started to do a scan and my cpu went to 100% and right after that i had to do a hard reboot, i could not ctrl,alt,delete or anything. it seems random as to what you get since i was on the wiki eralier and did not get this type of pop up. just a heads up for folks.
    Had that one too, extremely annoying! Can't remember if it was wiki related though.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindragon View Post
    Are you sure your computer hasn't been compromised? I've been working page after page of the wiki all day for the last few days and never got a popup, nor any lockups.
    the PC i am on is at work, i did wonder that may be the case. but after getting IT to scan the PC with the anti-virus and 2 different adware/spyware removers he found nothing.
    so far it is only the virus scanning pop-up causes the PC to lockup, today was the first time i had even seen this popup. at home i run Ad Block Plus with firefox and i never see any popups.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Had that happen to me once as well... It's one of the ads that rotate through the site.

I believe Wikia (the host for istaria.wikia.com) have a pretty strong "no popups" policy for ads in place. I have never seen one on there, and have been working the site for 12+ months. If you are getting popups, there is a good chance your PC has been "compromised" by something else, particularly if you get the popups "a virus has been detected blah blah blah" that is almost 99% chance of a bogus ad. Sorry, but your PC has quite probably been infected.

A quick note - if you create a login on the Wiki, you don't see any ads besides the one on the front page. if you connect anonymously, it's an ad per page.

RE quests - you can PM quests steps to me here, or post them on this thread and we'll sweep 'em up and deposit appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    Had that happen to me once as well... It's one of the ads that rotate through the site.
    if you remember what the ad was about, PM me. I'll report it and get it removed. stinkin' ads *grump grump*

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    if you remember what the ad was about, PM me. I'll report it and get it removed. stinkin' ads *grump grump*
    I didn't catch the specific one as it replaced the wiki page when I clicked the close widget for the frame and it immediately started downloading.

The problem is that the owner of the ad, and the ad service folks, normally have no idea it happened as it's usually done with cross-site scripting or a metaframe injected by some 3rd party.

It happened in IE8, which could be the whole issue... I usually run Chrome these days but I had been working with some suff on the MSDN site and, well, Microsoft's web sites just wont cooperate if you're not running their browser for some odd reason.

The good news is NOD32 didn't trigger and a scan with MWAV after the fact didn't turn up anything so it was fairly benign.

When you are not registered with the wiki site, ads pop up. As soon as you register they are gone.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    When you are not registered with the wiki site, ads pop up. As soon as you register they are gone.
    Are they popups Tak? Or do they just appear within the page? I hadn't realised, but I detest popups/popunders, and will certainly complain if that is the case

If you are not logged in, there are just some ads that are scattered around randomly on the wiki pages and such, sometimes very annoying. I think the problem is that some are flash animated and thus cause the furbar for some. I have myself them blocked with my adblocker :3

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ahhh flash animation - yes that could explain it, especially when some are crafted to look like Windows dialog boxes. The good old "A virus has been detected, click OK to scan" etc. etc. scam.

the worse ones are the ones that look like they are actually scanning, either way on my work PC it just locks it up
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveller View Post
    the worse ones are the ones that look like they are actually scanning, either way on my work PC it just locks it up
    Interestingly, I am getting some weird Javascript-related lockups as well... I'm using Windows 7 with IE8, anyone else experiencing the same? I've had to swap to FireFox for now, seems to work fine with that.

Can anyone supply a list of available Emblems? I'm just updating the wiki with a list and including the quests and/or requirements to gain the Emblems.

I know there are lots of others, but I don't have any info on them such as:
    - "all" master crafter (100 in all craft schools)
    - "all" adventurer (100 in all adventurer)
    - uber-Istarian (100 in everything - has that been done?)
    - Myloc hunter
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Does anyone know how to change the colors of the wiki, so that it all changes consistently? I think the current basic white is a bit out of sync with the official sites.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the colors of the wiki, so that it all changes consistently? I think the current basic white is a bit out of sync with the official sites.
    Yes, completely out of sync I'm afraid.

You can apply a theme via the preferences menu, but this is just for you, and none really reflect the "official" site colors. The other way is an admin-only change to the default wikia style for the istaria.wikia.com site. I haven't looked at it I'm afraid, been too busy drinkin... errr I mean adding quality content to the site

When you have a chance, and if you feel it's worthwhile it would be something that would go a long way to make the wiki look more polished.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    When you have a chance, and if you feel it's worthwhile it would be something that would go a long way to make the wiki look more polished.
    *Definitely* worthwhile. It's my lack of skill in CSS that is the biggest issue

There has been some work done on this, I'll have to dig up my old messages to find out where it's at.

Thread Information