Thread: Coin: How to obtain?

Default Coin: How to obtain?

Okay, so I permanently removed my character's chances of getting any decent coin (nobody told me to STOP in the middle of Ssoren's quests for the Flame Essence)...

How else is it possible to make any decent coin? The PBs give such little coin for anything (especially after the nerfs awhile back), it would take hours to amass but a hundred silver, and there are things I need (I would like to make cargo disks, but they want 70+s for ONE of the what... 5 forms?!), etc...

That and I was... kinda iffy about doing the Flame Essence stuff anyways... as it sounded more like an exploit to me, really... but I really wonder how the average person is supposed to obtain any decent amounts of coin?

Default Re: Coin: How to obtain?

Well how i make coin is go harass the withered ages and blight for there comps

make a pritty good living on comp hunting how ever the true comp hunters have hanged up there swords and Talons with the new death point system or there staying in a circle

Just sold 40 mirth frags and 6 sturnoms and got right close to a gold

currently hunting down 60 Yewen tree knots making a fair amount off them

Until the death point severity is tweaked the adv of making coin is purely skill based

there is other ways as well

working on plots
    doing quests
    that kinda thing
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Making resources is a good way, too. Gems are cheap and easy to craft; tricuts are a bit harder but sell better. If you can, do t6 gems. Otherwise, make t5 gems. Just cycle through the three different ones so you don't get hurt too much by dropping prices.

Lodestones work pretty well at the PB, too.
    <----clicky!

well- just a foolish little idea:

I dream of a big plot (build by players), only consis and pawns on it.
    A little consi only for spells and form, annother for ressis, one for trophys & comps, one for amor and weapons- all ordered by tiers- a.s.o.
    I would do my stuff rather there in a consi, that bring it to a pawn, as I use to do atm.
    A little shopping mall. Maybe that would help our economy. It would surely help low- level players.
    Flame and me need huge amounts of low level ressis for our lair atm. I would like to buy those. But before I try to find someone who makes it, I make it myself.
    Knowing, that there is a well assorted consi at a certain place, might be helpful.
    I do not fly to all consis/pawns to find out if someone leveled with dim orbs or sandstone bricks^^

I did not think that idea to the end- I`m sure there are a lot pros and cons.
    Just wanted to share an unfinished idea.

I really like your idea Lovwyrm. It's like an extended natureshop (as existed on Unity) It could become THE place to go for all your needs and resources.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

great idea! i wonder why this consi/pawn system (NSC´s) is like it is now

i think the idea behind a consiger dont work atm (too less players and buyers ingame) so the time limit is too small

in the better times all worked fine

Kill mobs that drop coin

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

On Order, sell trophies (level 40+?) to Dabogus. xD I made my first gold that way. The only problem is that he is invisible, so you have to watch for him on the MarketPlace user list instead of adding him to your contacts list.

Another option is building work. Some people will pay 3-10s per unit, even for T1. That figure is for lairs, though; I'm not sure what the common/possible rates for biped construction are.

Another Order-only option: ask Vhazshyn (my character) for money and ye shall receive.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I used to do lodestone waaaaay back when I was leveling dcra.. I forgot exactly how much that gives.

T5 isn't really an option for me, because most T5 resources are guarded and I can't handle those mobs, as my Adv is only 60. That is the same reason I can't kill blights; they are way too powerful and dangerous.

I suppose my only way out of this mess, is to make/PB T4 lodestones like I used to, hopefully they didn't nerf that too badly.

The problem with paying construction jobs is that everyone is waiting in the construction channel to pounce on one when it gets announced - if you're not around when it's announced, the job is usually done by the time you hear about it. At least that's the way it was a year or so ago when I was last looking for work

Dhalin: you don't say what level you are, but blights generally drop good coin, plus crystals/techs/forms. Even the Lesser meatblights near chiconis (level mid 30s if I remember right) are good coin for that level range. There are batches of blights every 10-15 levels or so, scattered around the world in bunches. Just farm, farm, farm

Just a thought.. on Chaos there is always a market for t1 basic stuff.. orbs, bricks bars...Keep 1k or so of each on Brist & NR connies for 10-20c each... not alot of coin but it adds up & can be selling while u are working on making coin other ways.
    Blacknite - Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Summerbreeze View Post
    Just a thought.. on Chaos there is always a market for t1 basic stuff.. orbs, bricks bars...Keep 1k or so of each on Brist & NR connies for 10-20c each... not alot of coin but it adds up & can be selling while u are working on making coin other ways.
    That's a good idea - plus if you go into the Dragon channel and ask, there are probably dragons in there that would pay you to make XX number of bars/bricks/orbs. I know when I was on Chaos, I made good money this way. Someone doing lairshaping or craft grinding would pay me to fill 2-3 silos with materials and then they could level up on them without all the gathering time

I know way back when, on my old level 60 Chaos dragon, I gathered up and slaughtered lots of frost blights on Trandalar when I needed to gain enough money for his first lair. Given that they drop both outright coin as well as a lot of crystals, and they're all 60ish so not death when you try to take them on, it wasn't too bad.

I would say to try and do a lot of these suggestions and alternate between them, so no one gets too grindy. Hehehehe.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

Seems I always run across other bi-peds who need low/med level trophies for levelling up a 2nd or 3rd or 4th class. If I'm in a coin-making mood, i'll ask around, see what they want to pay for 20,25 and 30 level trophies- usually i can get anywhere from 250c to 750c for each. One of the best places I go is up to the top of abandoned isle among the frosties and snowies. I'll buff myself up good, and just AOE the heck out of the massive amount of beetles/pygmies/ogres/wolves that conglomerate around me. 30 minutes of stacking the bodies up around me and looting them gets me not only tons of various levels of trophies, but decent coin off the ogres/pygmies, carapaces and fangs from the wolves, and all kinds of dragon hoard.

The respawn rate is excellent, by the way!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

blights of any level are excellent coin droppers if you can mass hunt them....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information