Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why oh WHY did you change T&C VI?

Default Why oh WHY did you change T&C VI?

Uuugh.

When you guys went through and "revamped" the Tooth and Claw Mastery quests, may I ask you guys a question?

WHY on Istaria, did you change T&C VI?

I wish to God I had done this quest before you guys changed it, it is so annoying. The way it was before, it was "Kill 30 Pale Hatchlings in Draak" ... now it is "Kill 25 Ghostly Dragons and 25 Pale Hatchlings in Draak".

I do not understand the change. Why not "Kill 50 of any undead dragon in Draak"?

The reason why I ask, is so very simple:

I WOULD kill 25 Ghostly Dragons IF I COULD FIND THEM. Seriously, WHY are there 50+ Pale Hatchling Spawns and only 4-5 Ghostly Dragon Spawns? I hate having to kill 50, 60, 80+ Pale Hatchlings JUST to get the 25 Ghostly Dragons asked for. Honestly. I can't freaking take a p*** without 20 Pale Hatchlings crawling all over me (that NEAR-INSTANTLY RESPAWN, yet the Ghostly Dragons Can't respawn quickly? Give me a break.). Yet I have to scour the land far and wide to find 1-2 Ghostly Dragons (not counting the one that spawns right ontop of the Shadow Dragon, mind you!)? *rolls eyes* Okaaaaaay.

Add to it that their Lightning Breath is THE most annoying thing I've seen in Istaria yet. Recasting all my buffs every 15 seconds? *growls* That gets annoying and very fast.

Either change the quest back, or, increase the number of Ghostly Dragon spawns. The quest was Fine the way it was.

PS: Why are the Pale Hatchlings stronger than the Adult Ghostly Dragons? That makes absolutely no sense.

Default Re: Why oh WHY did you change T&C VI?

I'm working on the same quest myself.
    Anytime I do find one or two Ghostly Dragons and attack, I'm almost immediately set upon by a hoard of Pale Hatchlings. Not only are there more Pales than Ghostlys, it 'appears' they have a lot larger aggro range.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

The ghost dragons are arguably stronger. I remmeber having to aviod them like the plauge when I was running my ROP because thier debuffs were nasty and got me killled faster than I could blink where as I could easily square up against the pale hatchlings.

TNC6 can't be as bad as TNC7 though. Took me a week to get that one done. A mere 20 cankerous aegrors are no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    The ghost dragons are arguably stronger. I remmeber having to aviod them like the plauge when I was running my ROP because thier debuffs were nasty and got me killled faster than I could blink where as I could easily square up against the pale hatchlings.

TNC6 can't be as bad as TNC7 though. Took me a week to get that one done. A mere 20 cankerous aegrors are no joke.
    That's odd, I don't even hardly notice the ghostly dragons. But then maybe it is because I am Melee. The pale hatchlings hurt MUCH worse than the Ghostly dragons do. Sure, Ghostlies give you debuffs, but I wouldn't call them "nasty". The hatchlings, however, do way more DPS, and not only that, they do indeed aggro from ridiculous distances away. Yeesh.

The hatchlings are also higher level. The ghostlies are almost always Lv50, the hatchlings are almost always 55-59.

Hmm.. I'm Lunus, so I usually killed the hatchies before they hit me or did decent enough damage so I noticed them.

The adults however, debuffed me and that tactic no longer worked. Silly Lunus! Can't just go up to -everything- with the "Go! Smash!" mentality

Hmm.. I'm Lunus, so I usually killed the hatchies before they hit me or did decent enough damage so I noticed them.

The adults however, debuffed me and that tactic no longer worked. Silly Lunus! Can't just go up to -everything- with the "Go! Smash!" mentality
    That's quite odd, I'm Lunus and Melee and... eh. Those Debuffs don't even affect me whatsoever at all. I still put them down with ease, but those hatchlings, well.... ONE isn't too bad... but two of them? Ow Ow Ow Ow... especially if I can't get a PV to hit the first hatchling... it is "hit the Refreshing Breeze and spam primal heals before I die!" if there's 3 hatchlings... 4? forget it, get out of there ASAP.

Ghostly dragons, though... the only annoying thing is their dispel lightning breath.

I wonder if you will explode when you have to do the t&C mastery quest, have fun to find the 15 blighted kwellen THAT takes you long if you have bad luck.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Or those Cankerous Aegrors... oh god I hate that quest.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I find them and attempting to pull one ends up in me being buried under 30 other hatchies. And you know hatchlings... they have very very sharp biting teeth.

I can understand the final T&C being that hard, or the one next to the final one being that hard, but honestly, I don't understand why they changed THIS one.

It would be different if it was like that from the beginning, but I still do not see what was wrong with it being "30 pale hatchlings"... or, as I said in my OP, make it "50 of ANY undead dragon in Draak".

And yes, it sounds like those other T&C quests are kinda stupid too. Asking us to kill, say, 20 of something that only has 1 spawn point here and there is kinda stupid.

Just an observation,
    For the 60 quests, I found them all easy TBH. There was nothing in that line that stood out to be as being annoying or difficult as there is a lot of 'just go find named' in that series. The 70 one too, but it has two quests that more than makes up for that ease.

The rest of the lines seem to have thier 'infamous quest':

100 Garnet Golems

40 Water Golems

20 Brighter Spider Breeders

50 Redbacked Spiders (with new blights to contend with that are a full tier above you!)

umm.... Gravier? I forget what 50 quest is the one everyone has trouble with.

20 Cankerous Aegrors or 15 Massive Maple Treants. Both were pretty bad.

I remember back from the old days that horror quest for my primal instant heal, I think it was VI or VII.

Kill 100 undead dwarven healers... south of Morning Light in that ruined village.

They where funny, GR, SS, Ravage, mob on 5%, started the last blow and plop, back to 50 % that bugger with his heals, and that 100 times. And if a second one decided to join you could only fly away because it would be then a endless fight. <_>

Year THAT was annoying and hoard consuming.

Hmm remembers me of:

Last edited by Takora Drakan; August 21st, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

100 Garnet Golems
    Easy, just time consuming. You get loads of XP from this single quest. At least you don't deal with the frustration of trying to FIND the said golems.

40 Water Golems
    Easy if you did Dragon's Reach, first. Very fricking hard if not. Unless you use Prime Bolt to pull, but I find that being a bit of a hassle.

The first real challenge in this list, the spiders can hurt plenty... probably want to do hardened scales and spiked scales first, along with the instant heal. Otherwise, the mobs aren't too terribly hard to find, you just gotta know where to look (over near the silver area).

50 Redbacked Spiders (with new blights to contend with that are a full tier above you!)
    The new blight mobs do kinda make things harder... the main thing here, is mobs not spawning issue. The spiders themselves, if you leveled DCRA up to the next tier, so you could wear better scales, the spiders themselves aren't the issue. Finding them, is.

NMs usually spawn first, in my experiences... just find where he is supposed to be, and spam /sne you'll eventually get him. You should have RoP by now, fly, set 'er down, gold rage/ss/ravage, win.

Cankerous Aegrors sounds like it blows. Treants? They can be annoying, but... unless it is only 1 Massive tree per 30 regulars, it shouldn't be that bad.

Just an observation,
    For the 60 quests, I found them all easy TBH. There was nothing in that line that stood out to be as being annoying or difficult as there is a lot of 'just go find named' in that series. The 70 one too, but it has two quests that more than makes up for that ease.

The rest of the lines seem to have thier 'infamous quest':

100 Garnet Golems

40 Water Golems

Yea I was just joking about someone else's post about the Massive Maple Treants. Just have a ped run around with a cargo disk and you will get all you need. and IT'S TRUE! in the last 2 days gathering Maple, I have seen nothing BUT them it seems like.

The other one is the 50 Oak Treants and having to watch out for Storm Shadow and Akron... or the 50 winter gruok / grulets with level 80 boss wolf mobs and their starving minions walking around.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    or the 50 winter gruok / grulets with level 80 boss wolf mobs and their starving minions walking around.
    That guy shouldn't be spawning except during the winter festival. Mind putting in a ticket on him?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The Cankerous arent too bad if you sid outside the waterfall entrance to the alged portal, there is a constant spawn of Aegrors there, not always the Cankers but at least you dont hve to wander around looking for em.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Interesting...never thought of that location for the Cankerous dudes...

Did all mine in the Western Dead...worst part about that place...dodging around the hoards of undead, necro's, and all sorts of nasties just to find the right ones...and I didn't even have my wings yet. Did manage it with only one death though...all by my lonesome out there.

Grr...thank goodness that one is over with...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Yeah I just sit in a 'relatively' safe spot in WD for the cankerous, and kill what I can til one spawns... but it's those darn flies that insist on coming with them too! And ugh on those Massive Maple Treants, so annoying. But hey, it's all over eventually and we do have to work for our abilities which is a good thing imo
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Kill 100 undead dwarven healers... south of Morning Light in that ruined village
    OMG!! I REMEMBER THAT!! GAWD that was the worst....truly..hands down...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

killing Mylocs at level 30 or 40 or whatever was bad too, they were level 80, I needed to get my pally GM to help me with it.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Thread Information