Thread: Old EQ humour

Default Old EQ humour

I posted this story in the "suggestions" forum (buried on page 2 of the chat thread one) but I still find it hilarious so much so that I laugh every time I read it.. so thought I'd share it with more of you that haven't read that other thread..

The original (and a few others) can be found here: http://ancarett.com/eqhumour.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I was invisible and running through the Karanas one day when I noticed a young gnome near the gypsy camp. He was fighting a lion and though it looked like he would win the battle, being a fellow gnome, I decided to help the guy out.

I targeted the lion, clicked on my mesmerize spell, then *started* to type: "I'm mesmerizing the lion for you." I got as far as: "I'm " when I remembered that I had replaced my mesmerize spell with an Area of Effect mesmerize spell... and that I was standing next to an NPC enchantress. Gulp.

My movement keys are mapped to "w a s d" so I frantically stabbed at my keyboard, trying to MOVE and interrupt the spell.

I forgot that I was in typing mode.

The gypsy enchantress didn't like my attempt to mezz her so she promptly charmed me and made me go after the gnome I had been trying to *save*. I watched in horror as my peace-loving character, knife flailing like a crazed sushi chef, chased the little guy down and stabbed him to death.

I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened.

He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange gnome appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: Old EQ humour

*WARNING!* Foul language in this here parts. Click at your own peril.

http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83514

This is a copy of the origin of the famous "Page 8'd!".

HOWLS with laughter!

]X=8D
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Just

ROFLMAO

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Wow, I remember when that happened. I was playing on the Cazic Thule server and someone posted a link to it on our server boards - I remember reading that thread as it unfolded... amazing that someone saved it

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    *WARNING!* Foul language in this here parts. Click at your own peril.

http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83514

This is a copy of the origin of the famous "Page 8'd!".
    Anyone have a "Cliff Notes Version" of what happened? Started reading the whole thing and just got really confused.

Short version - scammer takes 55K plat from another player. Player posts on the board complaining about said scam. Most of the server reacts negatively and calls scammer all sorts of names.

Scammer's "friend" (who is widely respected as an honorable player on the server) jumps to scammer's defense and says that there's no way that person would ever scam someone. Then scammer's "friend" offers to make up original player's loss, eventually paying back 50K of the lost plat.

People smell a rat and start investigating IP addresses, etc. and find that the scammer and the scammer's "friend" are posting from the same IP address. Scammer's "friend" denies that he is the scammer and then logs in the scammer's account on the forum to post another denial... but he forgets to switch back to his original forum account before posting again and gives himself away.

Hilarity ensues

Ok, that really is funny!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

that was, indeed,
    THE_BEST_THREAD_EVAH!!!!11111!!!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Oh, wow, thanks for posting that. I was actually looking for the Page 8 incident a little while ago, but wasn't able to track it down.

Not that it matters, but was this ever really cleared up? Do we know for FACT that all characters were played by the same person? I'd almost like to believe his last "truth".

He admitted that it was him - shortly after he accidentally posted under the wrong forum account. Unless there was another version of the truth after that one

Well he admitted that he was Dandy-whatever but not San-whatever who took the money and ran.

Ah, good point. I didn't read the whole thing, so I don't know if that ever got proven or not.

first time I've read that one, Kumu.. god I got confused.. but it was very funny..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

LOL.

Yeah, he really stuck his foot in his mouth.

Want salt with that?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information