Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spore

Default Spore

so, I'm eagerly awaiting my copy in the post, has anyone got theirs already and been playing??
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: Spore

My copy should arrive today *bounces*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Darn you across the ponders and your 2 days early!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    Darn you across the ponders and your 2 days early!!!
    nanananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I got my copy now, I go now play

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

My sister ordered two copies.. one for me (a late birthday present, my birthday was in July) and one for her.

I work at my parents house (where my sister still lives). My copy did NOT arrive at home (my sis said she'd had it sent directly).. HER copy DID arrive - at my work address.. so I sneakily opened it, and it was a giftwrapped copy with a note that said "happy belated birthday" and was my copy after all!!

so IF a second copy arrives, she gets it.. but this one is all mine... I now have to go pick up my kids and wait to install it until tonight

I would be interested in seeing some fraps of gameplay. Quite interested in seeing how it all comes together.

Woo! Just 2 more days *twitch*

oh poop the flashplayer thingie doesn't work...

hehe I got mine.. and me, my hubby, and my 4 year old have all been playing

this is my new spaceship:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500017887907

Oh, maybe that's what my son had on his computer earlier today! The creature was remarkably ugly, whatever it was, lol. He turned it off to talk to me, and I never asked...but I will next time I see him.

Played it at pax kind of. Its so shiny...

figures I wait so long for it to come out and then can't afford to buy it.

Mine shipped today just a delivery date of the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Played it at pax kind of. Its so shiny...

figures I wait so long for it to come out and then can't afford to buy it.
    Im in the same boat as you not to mention i have to update my sub for istaria soon or i cant play:P
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

My initial thoughts after a few hours of gameplay...

I was worried about long term playability because I seemed to have completed the early phases so quickly.

The cell phase, the creature phase, the tribal phase, even the civilisation phase only took about 6 or 7 hours to do in total, and although I loved the idea of trying it again and seeing what else I could create I was concerned that the space phase would be as simple.

I was wrong. You get a spaceship, learn to fly it.. and then you're let loose. If you pan out to see the whole game system (I paused, then deleted "universe, galaxy", etc as a description as they really aren't big enough).. there are MILLIONS (literally) of planets to visit. You have to meet alien races, some of which are friendly, some hostile. Set up trade routes, make alliances or war, find rare artifacts, trading, colonise planets (including "planet paint" tools and terraforming... placing plantlife, animal life to fit the type of planet).. it's got hundreds of hours of gameplay!

My first race (which, darnit, I don't seem to have shared, so I can't show you it) was a carnivore. I thought, initially, that going all out hostile might be the best way to go. While it's fine for the early stages, that will NOT work in Space age.. my creature got tagged "carnivore, predator, aggressive" in the cell, creature and tribal phase respectively..

I restarted, back to the Cell phase (although I could have generated a creature and started at any phase up to space, I decided to do it "properly"). I'm now "omnivore, social" although I may not be social by the time I finish the creature phase properly as I found a bug and my creature turned invisible.. couldn't reset it as it happened at the start of tribal phase.. so I went back to an earlier creature version. My new creature started out with two sets of legs (http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=...171487%3Apg-20)

and the current generation is ready to enter tribal phase (although I'll probably change its colouration) as: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=...144423%3Apg-20

I love this game!! (I'll be back to Horizons at some point, but probably not in the next couple of weeks, wait for my enthusiasm to die down a little, and for me to have caught up with some vb.net coursework!)

So true Arietna! As I zommed out of the Solar system I was going WTF is that thing HUGE and saw the gazillions of planets lol!

I made obviously a draconic race called "Takorian" Well they turned out to be hostile and agressive because I was a predator in the creature phase ( I ate all creatures that looked for me ugly and that ones I thhougt looked cute I befriended =P) and I didn't understood in the tribe phase how to be friendly to others, was anyway cooler to rob the tribes and burn em ! Oh well civilsation phase, I just nuked all down and the others where afraid of me that I got fast over my planet hrhr.

I liked most the creature phase, was so cool to run around with my dragon and FLY around and hunt, eat, explore ... so cool!

I am now in the space phase and it is so much fun! But I will sure make a other race that is omivore and social, i thought about a bipedial bird race

And I love the designing of creatures and buildings/ships/etc. Especially making Dragons/dinosaurs! I still have to make a velociraptor hehe

A well when I get home I have to upload my stuff to show ya, better than describing them

Sorry for double post, I have now uploaded my creations

You can see them there http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=...n%7C2267201466

I am *so* going to import your dragon, Takora, that's got to be the best one I've seen!

Tokaro I hate you so much now! *Wonders off cursing self for not going with the next day delivery option.*

Aww thank you very much Arietna, I thought my Dragon was rather crappy hehe

The creator makes so much fun, fear my newest Creation, the Desert Raptor ! (I used a Jurassic Park Raptor as reference, but spore makes out of everything a cute creature lol)

I just played thought to the galaxy mode today.

I really didn't do much for building, just enough to get through so far.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Goldenpaww|2265497786

The only complaint I have is the random download to populate. I don't mind it, just filter it, I had an epic penis monster running around the whole game lol.

So far I made it through the tribal stage and have played a little of the civilization stage, but I haven't gotten beyond that yet. Unless the gameplay really hooks me in the last couple of stages, I'm starting to feel like I wasted $50.

The cell stage is fun, but doesn't have a lot of customization and it's over before you know it.

The pack phase has a lot of customization, but a lot of it is fairly meaningless. There also isn't a whole lot to do. Fight creatures, make friends with creatures, or a little of both. A couple times you move to a new nest. Walk around clicking on skeletons for new body parts. It was amusing the first time around, but it kills the replayability after a while.

The tribal phase seemed like it could have been fun, but the controls are somewhat buggy, and again not a lot of customization. You either make friends with or defeat about 5 tribes and you're done. Also, as far as I can tell whatever creature traits you have from the previous stage doesn't have much impact on this phase barring dietary requirements.

What is really killing things for me is the anti-pirating feature. Basically, you can only have one copy per home able to connect to their servers. My boyfriend and I each have a copy. His can connect with no problem, and he can upload and download user created features. Mine can't connect at all and I can only play offline content. This takes the (limited) social aspect completely out of the game. As far as I can tell they don't seem to be all that motivated to fix this problem, either.

In short, the game doesn't live up to the hype. It's fun for a bit, but the game plays more like a demo with stripped down features than what's been hyped for years as a revolutionary game. I'd hold out hope that they could produce some extra content to download in a few months to flesh this game out, but as it has taken 8 years to string together a few shallow mini-games with some pretty graphics holding them together I'm not holding my breath. Maybe sometime down the line someone will pick up the idea of Spore and create the game that it should have been.

Thread Information