Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance Tomorrow (Wednesday, November 3rd)

ssnake

Default Re: Maintenance Tomorrow (Wednesday, November 3rd)

[06:45 CET] We are performing maintenance.

[12:24 CET] WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Why is it so hard to inform your customers about the progress. If you're having trouble applying a patch or upgrade, say so... it will make us understand why the maintenance is taking so long.

edit: Yet another lunchbreak gaming down the drain... BAH!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ssnake
    [06:45 CET] We are performing maintenance.

[12:24 CET] WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Why is it so hard to inform your customers about the progress. If you're having trouble applying a patch or upgrade, say so... it will make us understand why the maintenance is taking so long.

edit: Yet another lunchbreak gaming down the drain... BAH!
    Luca informed us yesterday and i far as i gathered from that this upgrade would take longer than a normal maintence....but would still be nice to hear a friendly word or two[;)] *pokes Luca*
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Quick update on the current maintenace.

The shard will be restarting soon, but for technical reasons the upgrade will be finished only on the next maintenance.

Our plan is to anticipate the friday maintenance to tomorrow morning in order to complete the work started today.

Thorondor

LOL LOL LOL [Y]

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Ah...so no full patch? Oh well..we cant wait i guess...thx for the info Luca[:D]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

LordBouli

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni

The shard will be restarting soon, but for technical reasons the upgrade will be finished only on the next maintenance.

Our plan is to anticipate the friday maintenance to tomorrow morning in order to complete the work started today.
    Ok so we get the patchnext maintenanceand the servers are partial updated or we get patch but the new stuff will be enabled next maintenance?

In any case we can just play after the restart wich will hapen soon (right?).

Hypsis

Is there a patch note?
    Or you don t know what you apply on Unity shard? [^o)]

Astron

just flippin great... a whole morning of maintenance and the patches aren't even impelemented... what is going wrong Luca? what is causing all these problems?

mindwyrm

So... what you're saying is that the server was down half a day and you didn't really do anything? :(

Mitas

Rolf you crack me up Luca.

The merge was a disaster, time wise but more important you guys broke every deadline you so quickly annouced, the information to the player communicty was the worst ive seen yet in a online game.

The Last four days server have been down every morning for 1-3 hours. You havent told us why that is yet, you did however give a reson to why the server was restarted 1 out of the 4 days, reason beeing: and i quote:Apparently nothing new and different than the same issues experienced by Horizons in the past.

Wich in my eyes is pretty much the same as taking a big crap over the hole playerbase of paying customers.

Now you got a patch/update to do, and that has clearly gone to hell too, so now your starting the server after 6hours of wasting our time why you figure out how you can get it right tomorrow instead.

Heres a idea: Dont restart the server, fix what you godamn need to fix, let it take 12hours, 24 hours or whatever but fix the ******** server. Ill give it tomorrow too, if the server goes down during saturday for as much as a minute im out. Game is one of the best ive seen, community is great, dev team and whatever position you have Luca is the worst ive seen yet.

Sorry to be a whiner but this is how i feel.

Luca can you tell us what bits you have patched in please?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Kita

Unity online

No new file download whatsoever.. so patch will prolly trigger tommorrow...
    Guess patch notes will be announced as well

StormSpirit

You have GOT to be freaking joking, right? Please tell me this is a really bad joke.............

Ok, its not. So here is one more paying customer leaving due to incompetance, lies and broken promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni

Why am I not surprized?

Amatuers

Quote Originally Posted by Ariwena
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Luca Mazzasogni wrote: Quick update on the current maintenace.

Why am I not surprized?

Amatuers
    Hehe, they just found out that the old hard disc is to small for another upgrade and need to buy a larger one now[:P][:P][:P]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by LordBouli
    Ok so we get the patchnext maintenanceand the servers are partial updated or we get patch but the new stuff will be enabled next maintenance?
    The latter is correct.

So... what you're saying is that the server was down half a day and you didn't really do anything? [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    No, I'm saying only what I've actually said... that the upgrade will be finished tomorrow and not that it will be restarted.

We didn't keep the shards down for several hours today just for the reason of... keeping them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypsis
    Is there a patch note?
    Or you don t know what you apply on Unity shard? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]
    The patch notes will be released tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    Hehe, they just found out that the old hard disc is to small for another upgrade and need to buy a larger one now[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    I love humor, but we more simply found out that we were missing vital information about the ugprade and some working files as well.

As soon as we receive everything we will be able to complete the work (and it is going to happen more likely tomorrow).

theurgist

It's amazing how fast we go from singing praise to Luca to trying to lynch the poor guy.

You guys remember Gale? [:S]

Thread Information