Thread: /rude Graphics Card

Default /rude Graphics Card

*sigh* came home from work this morning to find that my comp wouldnt turn on. I knew it was a fan, I'd thought it was the main fan, but nooo it had to be the fan to my graphics card! Melted right off the darn thing! This is the second computer I've set on fire *sigh*. Good news is that the rest of the computer seems ok. Thankfuly the onboard graphics card works still so Im not without a comp, but I hate how low quailyt and jerky the graphics are now

Default Re: /rude Graphics Card

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

At least the rest of your system is still working.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I've had 2 or 3 clients lose graphics cards due to dust. Dust gets on the fan, fan becomes unbalanced, heat removal is not adequate, chip overheats.

I've even seen one fan blade break completely off due to stress placed on it by the dust.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Is your card still under warranty? Some companies warranty their stuff for more than the 'industry standard' year. Give 'em a call and find out.

Never knew a card could melt a fan off..O.O
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Ouch; that couldn't have been a good surprise to come home to. =/ At least you didn't lose the rest of the comp on top of it.

Wheee! Got my new graphics card installed! Feels so much better to beable to do things again!

Thread Information