Thread: Gathering quests broken

Default Gathering quests broken

I thought I read something about the gathering school getting fixed in the patch notes.

But they're actually more broken now than they were.

My alt is gatherer 12th level. Talks to the NT gathering trainer. She offers to point him to resources or give him training gear. That's it.

So I go to the one in Kion just in case 10th level marks the next tier of training quests (like with the trophy hunters) but the gatherer trainer is missing.

So I go to Sslanis to talk to the one there.. but the gatherer trainer is missing.

So I go to dalimond since I remember they have a whole shop to themselves there.. finally find a gatherer trainer.

And she greets me.. "welcome back gatherer!" and I click the link for "level oriented crafting quests" and she says "I'm sorry, but you have to be an active member of the gatherer school in order to complete the tasks I have to give".

Soo.. yea, broken

Tried leaving gatherer and talking to her.. she'll offer to let me join gathering school, but won't give me any quests even after she invites me back to the school. I get the same message about not being an active member of the school.

It's possible the error is pointing to the wrong result.. so maybe I'm not high enough to get the training quests at that location. But that's not what she's saying. And the one in NT doesn't give out any quests at all. I didn't try leaving gatherer and asking the one in NT to rejoin me and see if there were any different results.. I logged for the night.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Gathering quests broken

Here's from the June Update:

Cassath, the Gatherer Trainer, has been moved to Parsinia. Cassath now has tasks for Gatherers under level 20. Krianti the Kion Gatherer trainer has been moved to the Forbidden Zone.
    Last edited by Mahja; September 10th, 2008 at 04:39 AM.
    Inayah FrolicFall, Satyr Extraordinaire

Mahja's correct. No bug here.

And the Gatherer trainer should point you to Parsinia when you talk to her as well.

I'll double check in the morning to ensure that she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Mahja's correct. No bug here.

And the Gatherer trainer should point you to Parsinia when you talk to her as well.

I'll double check in the morning to ensure that she does.
    The only thing she offers to do is point out where resources are or give training equipment. The bug wasn't the placement of gatherer trainers, it was the fact that I can't get a quest

The placement was just the annoyance factor and possible issues with their location coming from a player that didn't know any better.

Shouldn't I be able to get one from the one in Dalimond? Or be directed to the right one at least? And is that helpful sending new players to a place that can't be ported to until they get attuned? Just curious on that one.

No, you should not get one from the trainer in Dalimond if you are between level 10 and 20 as a Gatherer.

Also, people who are training in Gatherer aren't "new players" any longer. Gatherer and Miner aren't one of the "base" schools. It is intentional to use some of the secondary type of schools to send new players to parts of the world they might not otherwise find, and to teach them about things like attuning to a town gate. Also, there are numerous resources for players to use for skilling up gatherer in and around Parsinia, so sending them out there encourages them to find those resources.

In addition, some of the "hand holding" is purposely removed starting when players leave New Trismus. The point is to encourage them to either talk to those who have played the game for longer, thus starting to form relationships with other players, or to simply explore the wider world. So it isn't nescessarily true that you should be directed to a new trainer when the first one has taught you all she can, though in this case that is what is supposed to happen.

If you are higher than level 10 as a Gatherer, she should tell you
    You have learned all that I can teach you. You should seek out a Cassath in Parsinia. You will have to run from Kion or Sslanis along the road to Parsinia, but Cassath will be able to teach you how to further advance as a Gatherer.
    I've modified her to give the directions only if you're under level 10 in case that somehow was interfering with directions to go to Parsinia.

Ahh.. that makes sense I guess. Having her tell someone where to go would be a good thing. considering I'm not a new player and didn't know where to go. Of course, I'm familiar enough with the game mechanics to know they usually tell me if I'm in the wrong place (trophy hunters, other crafting class quests, etc) and where to go. So when that safety net wasn't there.. I didn't think about looking through past patch notes to figure out where to go next and I did ask in-game a few times. Nobody knew. Which is why I thought maybe having newbies trying to start a set of quests in NT could be a bit rough for them to go to a place they haven't attuned to yet. But that's just a matter of opinion Maybe I don't give new players enough credit. I just know it's a pretty technical and confusing game with the crafting stuff thrown at them up front. ANy less confusion we can offer would be a good thing.

Also, Dalimond needs to tell me (at 10-20) that I need to go to Parsinia then maybe also?

Thanks for looking at this so fast. Lady V, you're an asset to your team, that's for sure!

Thread Information